Black Friday 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to conclude the glossier saga - got 30% off in total so confusion was for nothing!! waste of brain power tbh

Reactions: 1
FaceGym has 20% off on their site. Supposedly there’s an extra 15% off for signing up which I did but I’ve yet to receive the code. This is a long shot, but does anyone here happen to know what it is?

i got most of my stuff yesterday as i was scared it will go out of stock and now i get to calmly watch the prices drop 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Don't waste your time with EE, if you are after a new phone contract.

Six months half price, yet at the end of that six months you'll be lumbered with the full plan cost PLUS a CPI + 3.9% price increase - that kicks in, in March next year.

That is estimated to equal a 13-15% rise next year.

VOXI on the other hand are doing 3x data.

45GB for £10 per month
60GB for £12 per month
90GB for £15 per month
300GB for £20 per month

With no tied in 12/18/24 month contract and no price rises next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Six months half price, yet at the end of that six months you'll be lumbered with the full plan cost PLUS a CPI + 3.9% price increase - that kicks in, in March next year.

45GB for £10 per month
60GB for £12 per month
90GB for £15 per month
300GB for £20 per month

Another anti EE experience - I’ve moved to somewhere with no 4G signal, like I only get the tiny little dot on the bars, they can see for the last x months I’ve used 900mbs on average out of a 120GB deal and yet apparently there’s no way to cancel or reduce my contract…?

Thank you for sharing this - I’ll switch to Voxi next year - I really don’t like the idea of a contract anymore.

Another anti EE experience - I’ve moved to somewhere with no 4G signal, like I only get the tiny little dot on the bars, they can see for the last x months I’ve used 900mbs on average out of a 120GB deal and yet apparently there’s no way to cancel or reduce my contract…?

Thank you for sharing this - I’ll switch to Voxi next year - I really don’t like the idea of a contract anymore.
Voxi run off Vodafone.

I like that their prices are reasonable and you are not tied into a 12/18/24 month contract that isn't tied into an automatic inflationary increase every year.

Smarty and GiffGaff are also two other Networks that don't have tied in contracts and inflationary increases.

Both, I believe also have good Black Friday deals.

• Heart
Voxi run off Vodafone.

I like that their prices are reasonable and you are not tied into a 12/18/24 month contract that isn't tied into an automatic inflationary increase every year.

Smarty and GiffGaff are also two other Networks that don't have tied in contracts and inflationary increases.

Both, I believe also have good Black Friday deals.
It feels like it’s gone full circle, like PAYG isn’t really a thing anymore (??) but the idea of contracts is increasingly less appealing, esp as you’ve said they raise prices with inflation. I feel like the market also changes so much (like I’ve not even heard of data limits as high as 300GB yet!) that it’d be insanity to lock yourself into anything for 2 years as by then a 120gb deal like I have might only be a tenner instead of £25!

Reactions: 2
It feels like it’s gone full circle, like PAYG isn’t really a thing anymore (??) but the idea of contracts is increasingly less appealing, esp as you’ve said they raise prices with inflation. I feel like the market also changes so much (like I’ve not even heard of data limits as high as 300GB yet!) that it’d be insanity to lock yourself into anything for 2 years as by then a 120gb deal like I have might only be a tenner instead of £25!
In many cases now, it is cheaper to buy a new phone outright on the Internet, then take out a SIM only contract, than take out a new phone plan with a mobile network.

You can get "Unlimited" mobile phone plans (that aren't truly unlimited) but you can pay a hefty monthly price for the privilege.

Unless you are spending all day, every day watching video on your mobile, you won't need unlimited data.

With the deals from Voxi, that also includes free data streaming from selected video sites such as YouTube and Netflix - that won't eat into your data allowance. So an extra bonus.

I’m a huge fan of ID mobile, I’ve been on a rolling 30 day sim for £5 per month for 6 years now, never had a price increase!

they’ve got some fantastic Black Friday options

5497708D-A1EE-410F-A4FB-8B7AA53E22E7.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4

45GB for £10 per month
60GB for £12 per month
90GB for £15 per month
300GB for £20 per month

I love Voxi. I currently pay £12 a month for 25gb data and unlimited videos (and social media obviously). I usually use no data as all as I mostly just use social media on my phone.
Was thinking about changing back to £10 a month with the deal you posted but think I’ll l stick with the £12 with unlimited videos as then if I am away in the UK I can hotspot to my iPad to watch Netflix.

• Heart
I’ve only bought a watch for my mum for Christmas. Even with asos 25% off sale before I managed to resist. Hope people got some bargains!

I’ve got some earbuds from Amazon - no idea on the make or quality, but just got a gold pair my daughter will like. 65% or something off, but then they generally are anyway.
Also (and I’m pretty pleased with this one) a Segway experience at (the outside of) Leeds Castle for 50% off for husband and daughter, £43 total. Daughter will love it. Husband less so 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I love Voxi. I currently pay £12 a month for 25gb data and unlimited videos (and social media obviously). I usually use no data as all as I mostly just use social media on my phone.
Was thinking about changing back to £10 a month with the deal you posted but think I’ll l stick with the £12 with unlimited videos as then if I am away in the UK I can hotspot to my iPad to watch Netflix.
I must admit in getting very tempted to switch to Voxi. I've been with EE since 2015 and am becoming fed up with their account nerfs (axing EU roaming, speed caps, downgrading features and perks, etc,etc) and finding new ways to milk their customers. Then taking the piss by forcing all customers out of (old) contract onto the rip off CPI+3.9% annual increases.

Whereas my yearly increases were in pence, they are now in pounds thanks to being switched to higher inflation increases.

A lot of people seem to be getting fed up with being ripped off on fixed month contracts and now look at monthly contracts offered by Voxi, Smarty, Giffgaff and other similar providers.

I’m a huge fan of ID mobile, I’ve been on a rolling 30 day sim for £5 per month for 6 years now, never had a price increase!

they’ve got some fantastic Black Friday options

View attachment 1759499
ID Mobile, I believe, run off the Three network.

Although they are making some strides with their network, it can be a bit ropey in places.

For mobile Networks, the best to worst (for coverage and reliability) is generally:

EE
Vodafone
Three
O2

There are only four mobile consumer networks in the UK, yet many dozens of companies offering mobile phone plans. These companies will run off one of the four main networks.

Tesco mobile use O2, Asda Mobile use Vodafone and Superdrug Mobile the Three network - as some examples.

A fuller list can be found below:

Last edited:
I mistyped! The Segway thing was £23 total! (I’m sure the loss of earnings afterwards will be considerably more).

I purchased my favourite Elemis cleansers for 35% off! Happy with that, because they were 30% off last week and I held off purchasing. I know I only got 5% more but it tipped me over the edge 😂

I got given the small 20g one for a secret Santa last year and I loved it, I’ve really made it stretch 😂 so treated myself to100g and another 20g one for travel x

they have a really good offer on now!

I must admit in getting very tempted to switch to Voxi. I've been with EE since 2015 and am becoming fed up with their account nerfs (axing EU roaming, speed caps, downgrading features and perks, etc,etc) and finding new ways to milk their customers. Then taking the piss by forcing all customers out of (old) contract onto the rip off CPI+3.9% annual increases.

Whereas my yearly increases were in pence, they are now in pounds thanks to being switched to higher inflation increases.

A lot of people seem to be getting fed up with being ripped off on fixed month contracts and now look at monthly contracts offered by Voxi, Smarty, Giffgaff and other similar providers.

ID Mobile, I believe, run off the Three network.

Although they are making some strides with their network, it can be a bit ropey in places.

For mobile Networks, the best to worst (for coverage and reliability) is generally:

EE
Vodafone
Three
O2

There are only four mobile consumer networks in the UK, yet many dozens of companies offering mobile phone plans. These companies will run off one of the four main networks.

Tesco mobile use O2, Asda Mobile use Vodafone and Superdrug Mobile the Three network - as some examples.

A fuller list can be found below:

I was so close to signing up to ID mobile, glad I checked the coverage first. Basically non existent in my town. Think it's madness that it can still be so hit and miss.