Black Friday 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are there any real deals?

Ocado has started showing black Friday deals, apparently these coffee cups are half price as they claim they sell for £23. A quick Google shows ocados "half price" is still more expensive than the normal price for exactly the same thing elsewhere 🙄

Screenshot_20221118_084242.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_084226.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Noticed the same thing with Oodies.

Bought one for my sister before in october. The black friday sale price is the same as the cheapest one before.

1668762710438.png

1668762793737.png

• Sad
Reactions: 2
@Yel Those are so pretty!

On topic: I have my eye on a few beauty products but I’m not seriously holding out hope for them. The sales by Black Friday never seem to cover the things I want.

I'm after an induction hob and probably a few other kitchen appliances. I was waiting for BF.
Trading standards are warning people to be cautious.

Reactions: 1
I was after a new mobile for husband but still cant see a deal I like. Phone only.

I’m after a couple of things but I don’t think I’ll get them. One being a kitchenaid and I’ve seen some discounted but not as much as my bluelight card and it would be great if I could get discount and use it.

None that I can see. I’m a wishlist-er and a lot of things have been cheaper throughout the year, just went back up to RRP recently then reduced a little (but not as much as previously). I wouldn’t mind some 🌱 uggs but not signing up to their mailing. I did see some on M&S I like that are reduced so may get those.

And I had £10 off my next Ocado shop but can’t find it now, so they can do one as well.

I feel like the Amazon deals are a con - scrolling through the items a lot of it is non-brand tat. I’m not seeing anything I need, so I think I’ll pass.

Reactions: 4
Had a look at the Nintendo switches sale, got a few £10 an £15 off games but didn't see any games I wanted

Had a look at the Nintendo switches sale, got a few £10 an £15 off games but didn't see any games I wanted
I want Monkey Island, which was one of my faves growing up. Desperate to share the love with my own kids...but Nintendo only offering £2 off. Going to hold off at the moment.

Reactions: 3
A bit niche but anyone wanting a Snuzpod 4 next to me crib, John Lewis have them for £127.90 reduced from £189 and it’s free delivery.

Ach, its so annoying. I was hoping a light I've had my eye on in dunelm would be on offer. Nope.
Black Friday should mean everything is reduced, no?

Ach, its so annoying. I was hoping a light I've had my eye on in dunelm would be on offer. Nope.
Black Friday should mean everything is reduced, no?
Honestly the majority of discounted things are overstock they’re desperate to get rid of, same with gift with purchase. They’ll market them heavily in the weeks leading up so they may be a wish list item already but just be careful and think do I really want it.

I work on the other side and don’t love BF at all for a lot of reasons. A lot of small/indie brands are v transparent with the fact it’s overstock which I think is so much kinder to the consumer as they can make a truly informed decision. I also don’t mind the loyalty mechanics a lot of brands do (tends to be more premium/luxury brands) but remember vouchers or points are only a deal if you’re definitely going to shop there again.

Quite pleased with the deal I’ve just got on Radley!

There’s a bag I know my mum wanted which went to 50% off making it £104 so still a bit over budget for me to get her for Christmas.

Then this morning they had an extra 20% off code for sale items and topcashback is doing 8% cashback on Radley for today only. Just got a £204 bag for £76! Still a lot of money but I know she’ll love it and that’s my shopping pretty much finished for Christmas now!

Reactions: 13