Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SugarLump

Quite pleased with the deal I’ve just got on Radley!

There’s a bag I know my mum wanted which went to 50% off making it £104 so still a bit over budget for me to get her for Christmas.

Then this morning they had an extra 20% off code for sale items and topcashback is doing 8% cashback on Radley for today only. Just got a £204 bag for £76! Still a lot of money but I know she’ll love it and that’s my shopping pretty much finished for Christmas now!

Reactions: 13

Yel

Chatty Member

The consumer champion analysed 214 Black Friday deals last year at seven major home and tech retailers - Amazon, AO, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Very - looking at their prices every day in the six months before and after the sale day (26 November 2021).

It found the majority of promotions (183 - or 86%) were cheaper or the same price in the six months before the sales. Of the deals, 209 (98%) were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year. None were cheaper on Black Friday alone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Anyone spotted any pillows/duvets in sales?.
I bought a new duvet from Dunelm on line as I wanted a 15 tog cause I feel cold easily. It's not feather, but it is gorgeous and warm. Feels like a hotel quality. Very reasonably priced - and I notice that Dunelm have Black Friday bargains. Good luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was hoping for some good deals on Hotel Chocolat as wanted to get some chocolate for family members
15% off a £30 spend is just rubbish! I want at least 20% on Black Friday especially with a minimum spend
Idk if this’ll be an unpopular opinion but the only brands who can afford to do huge discounts are ones with huge margins, eg they’re buying cheap and selling high, so I’m actually reassured when brands don’t offer ridiculous discounts. Also these discounts aren’t at big brands’ expense they put stress further down the supply chain which are often developing economies & black/brown workers.

Not chocolate but similarly positioned premium company - when looking for bedding there are so many linen bundle companies now, I decided to go with one of the more expensive brands based purely upon a friend’s recommendation and when it came to BF they were only doing 15% off whilst some of the others were running 50%+ off which made me think yikes how big are your margins that you can afford to do that? I can understand clearing overstock or unpopular colour ways but across the whole site? 😬 I’ve unsubscribed from all their mailers and won’t even bother trying them tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

BigMavis

VIP Member
Asos have code ALLIN for a further 30% off.
Didn't think it would apply to things already discounted, glad I applied it.

Bought a North face coat yesterday reduced from £200 to £84. Think that's fairly good going.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
looked on glossier on thursday and added their fragrance and candle set (saving compared to individual prices) to my basket. has now been removed from the website but still in my basket. was going to wait until black friday as they usually do 20% off, assuming the set being no longer available is in anticipation for bf? bit sneaky if so.
** ignore my big conspiracy i think the set was removed bc the fragrance has sold out**

update - sets are now an additional 20% off, so might as well order it now rather than risk it being full price again on black friday? not sure i like the fact that deals start earlier now, at least black friday was a set date that everyone followed so you knew what to expect and when

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

strawb

VIP Member
i got most of my stuff yesterday as i was scared it will go out of stock and now i get to calmly watch the prices drop 😅

• Haha

Terrible

VIP Member
Too much reading mumsnet has resulted in me buying a robot vacuum cleaner. I don’t need one, have a Henry and a handheld Shark thing already, but I’m too lazy to use them much, and this sounds fun. I think it’s a pretty shit one, but it was reduced from £219 to £99 (it’s probably always that price). The cats are going to LOVE it. (They’ll probably poo themselves in terror, and I’ll go downstairs to poomageddon).

• Haha

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I was hoping for some good deals on Hotel Chocolat as wanted to get some chocolate for family members
15% off a £30 spend is just rubbish! I want at least 20% on Black Friday especially with a minimum spend

Janerich

Chatty Member
Not sure if ppl know about it but theres a website called "Hot uk deals". You can put an alert on there and it emails you deals when they are put on there.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I think a lot of brands/shops will be less inclined to do heavy discounts now as they will have lost money the past 3 years and likely to the next 3 years. And cost of production and transportation has gone up. I don't think we will see the likes of Black Friday 7-10 years ago in the UK when it was a new "thing" and people queued up to punch each other out the way in Currys to bag a flatscreen TV, thankfully.

• Haha
  • Heart

Meg78

VIP Member
I’m a huge fan of ID mobile, I’ve been on a rolling 30 day sim for £5 per month for 6 years now, never had a price increase!

they’ve got some fantastic Black Friday options

5497708D-A1EE-410F-A4FB-8B7AA53E22E7.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Lazarus

VIP Member
Needed a new hairdryer and managed to get a good deal from GHD.
usually £119, paid £84, incl free shipping and free gift. That included a Blue Light Card discount.

Also bought some candles from Bella Freud, usually £50 each, down to £37.5 each. Very pleased with that.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I feel like the Amazon deals are a con - scrolling through the items a lot of it is non-brand tat. I’m not seeing anything I need, so I think I’ll pass.

Terrible

VIP Member
I’ve got some earbuds from Amazon - no idea on the make or quality, but just got a gold pair my daughter will like. 65% or something off, but then they generally are anyway.
Also (and I’m pretty pleased with this one) a Segway experience at (the outside of) Leeds Castle for 50% off for husband and daughter, £43 total. Daughter will love it. Husband less so 😂

• Haha

Milktray

VIP Member
Had a look at the Nintendo switches sale, got a few £10 an £15 off games but didn't see any games I wanted
I want Monkey Island, which was one of my faves growing up. Desperate to share the love with my own kids...but Nintendo only offering £2 off. Going to hold off at the moment.

Reactions: 3