Bisonettes Battle the Bulge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Nayalove96 I've tagged you in here as it's around binge eating behaviours in general rather than just Becki and it's also a more sympathetic space for those with weight issues :)
Do you see patterns in Becki's behaviour with your other heavy clients that makes you think why she behaves like she does? I've tried to be sympathetic, but I don't see a depressed person or someone with BED. I just see a selfish and greedy person. But I shouldn't right?

I’ve been saying since January 1st that I need to go on a diet and I’ve still not started. I absolutely hate myself. Can’t even look in the mirror. I need new clothes, essentials but I don’t want to buy them because I have no style, I look a mess in everything, nothing fits, people will look at me. Judge me like they judge bison. Why I am I even calling her a bison? I’m a big fat duck too. I’m a bison.

I try and try to be “good” and then I just fail. “Oh, 1 biscuit won’t hurt” “oh I’ve had a biscuit so I may as well have some crisps” “oh I’ve had crisps, may as well have xyz for dinner now, I’ve ruined it” “oh well, I ruined yesterday, may as well start next week now”.

I’m absolutely desperate for another baby but not whilst I’m this fat, not that I’m having any success with conceiving currently. That and my little one are biggest reasons why and it’s still not clicking 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry for this long word vomit but I’ve lay awake all night, absolutely disgusted at the thought of myself. My plan is to start today. I’ve done it before (lost 7st in 6m) then I got pregnant and kept weight gain low, then I had baby and well 🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬. I know I can do it, I dunno why it’s not clicking this time I was going to start Monday but I need to start today.

Someone kick me up the arse, sew my jaw shut, SOMETHING!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone have days where they're just really hungry and nothing has hit the right spot this is me today 😂😭 probably made it worse by going to the gym for distraction
Volume eating on those days definitely.. lots of veg and protein. You can have such a big dinner .. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, chicken & some little boiled potatoes & it’s surprising how low in calories all that comes too for the size of the meal x
---
I’ve been saying since January 1st that I need to go on a diet and I’ve still not started. I absolutely hate myself. Can’t even look in the mirror. I need new clothes, essentials but I don’t want to buy them because I have no style, I look a mess in everything, nothing fits, people will look at me. Judge me like they judge bison. Why I am I even calling her a bison? I’m a big fat duck too. I’m a bison.

I try and try to be “good” and then I just fail. “Oh, 1 biscuit won’t hurt” “oh I’ve had a biscuit so I may as well have some crisps” “oh I’ve had crisps, may as well have xyz for dinner now, I’ve ruined it” “oh well, I ruined yesterday, may as well start next week now”.

I’m absolutely desperate for another baby but not whilst I’m this fat, not that I’m having any success with conceiving currently. That and my little one are biggest reasons why and it’s still not clicking 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry for this long word vomit but I’ve lay awake all night, absolutely disgusted at the thought of myself. My plan is to start today. I’ve done it before (lost 7st in 6m) then I got pregnant and kept weight gain low, then I had baby and well 🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬🦬. I know I can do it, I dunno why it’s not clicking this time I was going to start Monday but I need to start today.

Someone kick me up the arse, sew my jaw shut, SOMETHING!
I would have a week of eating how u are doing now and track all the calories if u can then reduce the calories bit by bit weekly.. eat more veg with meals. I used to eat way to much rice and pasta.. I just replaced with veg and have a quarter of what I used too

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Been in a really good mindset since New Year. Hit 2 stone loss today🥳

Anyone have any low carb, high protein but not too high fat lunch ideas that don’t include bread or rice cakes please.
I don’t mind cold food at lunchtime.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Anyone have any low carb, high protein but not too high fat lunch ideas that don’t include bread or rice cakes please.
If you have a microwave or stove to cook soup can be a good choice. I sometimes add extra chicken to it. If you aren’t at home or have access to a canteen a flask may work but depending on how good your flask is it won’t be piping hot but still fairly filling and nutritious without a tit ton of calories. I did see either an instgram reel or tikok about using egg whites instead of whole eggs for a lower calorie omelette. Not sure I could eat an egg white omelette the yolk is the best part 😂

If you have a microwave or stove to cook soup can be a good choice. I sometimes add extra chicken to it. If you aren’t at home or have access to a canteen a flask may work but depending on how good your flask is it won’t be piping hot but still fairly filling and nutritious without a tit ton of calories. I did see either an instgram reel or tikok about using egg whites instead of whole eggs for a lower calorie omelette. Not sure I could eat an egg white omelette the yolk is the best part 😂
The only way I’ll eat egg whites is for meringue 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The only way I’ll eat egg whites is for meringue 😂
Same, tbf eggs aren’t that bad in moderation and a two egg omelette won’t be lots of calories anyway as long as you don’t add half a block of cheese like I’d be tempted to. 😂😂😂😂😂

Tuna salad
Chicken salad
Egg salad
Mackerel and broccoli
Smoked salmon and egg mayo

I only have salad at work , I use spinach leaves. I am high fat though as do keto so use lots of avocado oil and cheese. I add olives and pickles, eggs , avocado, kimchi. I do love a salad 😋

Reactions: 2
Tuna salad
Chicken salad
Egg salad
Mackerel and broccoli
Smoked salmon and egg mayo

I only have salad at work , I use spinach leaves. I am high fat though as do keto so use lots of avocado oil and cheese. I add olives and pickles, eggs , avocado, kimchi. I do love a salad 😋
I need to get back into salads! When it's gloomy the last thing I want is a salad though 😂 The mackerel reminds me once at uni I brought some into the library...yeah never again, the LOOKS 😂😂😂

Also sorry but the smell of kimchi 🤢lol. Can do saurkeraut but not kimchi haha
---
I put a light cheesy triangle in 😂
I'm bad at making onelettes but when I have I add milk to it, how I do with scrambled eggs to make ot way more voluminous and look like more haha

• Haha
I need to get back into salads! When it's gloomy the last thing I want is a salad though 😂 The mackerel reminds me once at uni I brought some into the library...yeah never again, the LOOKS 😂😂😂

Also sorry but the smell of kimchi 🤢lol. Can do saurkeraut but not kimchi haha
---

I'm bad at making onelettes but when I have I add milk to it, how I do with scrambled eggs to make ot way more voluminous and look like more haha
If u want something light for tea like a salad .. adding hot filling stuff really helps. I really like adding bbq or Cajun chicken / little boiled potatoes etc

Bisonettes just wanted to say thank you for the suggestions above - prompted by something 2 weeks ago, I had a bit of a meltdown and I went headfirst into low carb and the ideas above IMMEDIATELY 🤣 more veg and meat/fish, cut out sugar and sugary alcohols (wine, beer) I've lost 5lbs in just under 2 weeks! So 2-3lbs a week? 🥳 I'm so proud, my face looks less bloated as well. I'm not doing keto as that's too extreme for me, I've done about 50g carbs a day ish! And I bought a home glucose monitor and done morning readings this week and they were all in the normal end (below 5.5 just aha) so not prediabetic 😁 #proud haha

Howeverrrrr I'm meant to be going on holiday on Tuesday which is normally where I'm like "eh duck it". So hopefully I can try and be reasonably healthy! I'm doing a city break so hopefully lots of walking. Feeling a bit cold-y atm, hope it goes before I go 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've had 3 weeks of not tracking calories, not getting weighed, drinking, going on dates and genuinely just trying to enjoy life without letting calories rule my life but still making sensible choices. I was DREADING stepping on the scales today but I was shocked to have lost 6.5 pounds 💃
Back on the shakes and tracking calories from today though

• Heart
Just weighed myself and I'm officially at 19st, 12.8lbs!!! I've lost a stone (and 0.2lbs) so far this year!!!!

A HUGE number still, but also the first time I've been out of the 20's since I was 18.

I never thought this day would come, to be honest, and I feel so happy because it's definitely not been an easy road to get here. I feel so much more motivated (even if I am sick and in bed today, but we go again tomorrow when my antibiotics have kicked in fully) because looking at where I started, 18 months ago, when I was nearly 25 stone and incredibly depressed and where I am now, I'm fully dedicated to this journey.

So proud of myselfum, if that makes sensum?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just weighed myself and I'm officially at 19st, 12.8lbs!!! I've lost a stone (and 0.2lbs) so far this year!!!!

A HUGE number still, but also the first time I've been out of the 20's since I was 18.

I never thought this day would come, to be honest, and I feel so happy because it's definitely not been an easy road to get here. I feel so much more motivated (even if I am sick and in bed today, but we go again tomorrow when my antibiotics have kicked in fully) because looking at where I started, 18 months ago, when I was nearly 25 stone and incredibly depressed and where I am now, I'm fully dedicated to this journey.

You should be well proud of yourself of course you should be this is a huge achievement 😊😊

• Heart

Omg well done you! This is an amazing achievement! I always think when you drop into a new stone bracket (especially out of a significant one like 20s for example) it is such a boost for our motivation.
top work 🙌👏

• Heart
You should be well proud of yourself of course you should be this is a huge achievement 😊😊
Omg well done you! This is an amazing achievement! I always think when you drop into a new stone bracket (especially out of a significant one like 20s for example) it is such a boost for our motivation.
top work 🙌👏
Thank you both!!

Ace that's exactly it - I've been stuck at 20s2lbs for SO LONG, had a great weekend and then got poorly so didn't think I'd get anywhere when I stepped on the scales today, I did it out of curiosity - and I'm a whole 1.2lbs down!!! I feel so motivated (even if I am only in bed today, I feel so poorly, but that's fine, I have the motivation to get going when I'm better!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2