Bisonettes Battle the Bulge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spin off from Becki Jones thread, our own takeaway tracker with actual accountability :)

Mainly weight loss chat but mental health/any off topic chat also welcome :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you for the theardum now I won't feel bad for going off topic in the main thread now yay

Reactions: 3
Fank youm, I’m perfectly healthy my doctor said soum despite being a size 22.
Really? That’s tricky, I’m similar and don’t think there’s anything wrong with my health weirdly but there will be if I don’t stop 😆

Reactions: 2
Size 20/22 gal here too partial to a big fat Chinese and self confessed chocoholic 😫

This loosing weight tit is dam hard, so glad for this thread 🙌 I love hearing about everyone's journey 🤍

Reactions: 7
Lol no I was quoting our Helfy queen but I do have a good fitness level work out 4x a week and keep up with the instructor level but it’s my diet you can’t out exercise a bad diet

Hello bisonators, I’m a big fat bastard getting married next July need to tit the weight 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love this! So I was a good size 24 (probably a 26 if I was being honest and not being very selective in what I wore) at the start of July. I am now just over 3 stone down and the difference is amazing! I have a long way to go yet but for once, it feels like it might actually happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oooh bumblebee that’s amazing! How have you done it?
I can credit the Nutracheck app with most of my success. So I set my calorie limit to 2000 a day, and have not budged over that. I have also, probably 90% of the time also stayed within the fat, sat fat, salt limits etc. So before if I'd have had 2000 calories I'd have said well I'll have 500 cals of crisps, for example, but then was never really working on my relationship with food, and would find it would lead to binges as I'd then think 'well I have had three bags of crisps so what's one more, I will have less for dinner' and it would spiral. Plus, as a big girl, you burn so many calories just by existing and light movement. So I started with just aiming for any extra movement, would go up the stairs at work to the bathroom, or park my car at the far end of the carpark. And that would be enough to puff me out (embarassingly). I was doing about 5k steps a day at the start (up from about 2-3k a day) and burning like 3500+ calories, just because of the weight I was carrying. Now I have built it up to longer walks and a bit of cycling, but still not going bonkers as I know I need to work up to that. Something in my head just clicked this time, I think it was because I really felt like I'd hit rock bottom and it was impacting my life in a way that wasn't easy to ignore anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can credit the Nutracheck app with most of my success. So I set my calorie limit to 2000 a day, and have not budged over that. I have also, probably 90% of the time also stayed within the fat, sat fat, salt limits etc. So before if I'd have had 2000 calories I'd have said well I'll have 500 cals of crisps, for example, but then was never really working on my relationship with food, and would find it would lead to binges as I'd then think 'well I have had three bags of crisps so what's one more, I will have less for dinner' and it would spiral. Plus, as a big girl, you burn so many calories just by existing and light movement. So I started with just aiming for any extra movement, would go up the stairs at work to the bathroom, or park my car at the far end of the carpark. And that would be enough to puff me out (embarassingly). I was doing about 5k steps a day at the start (up from about 2-3k a day) and burning like 3500+ calories, just because of the weight I was carrying. Now I have built it up to longer walks and a bit of cycling, but still not going bonkers as I know I need to work up to that. Something in my head just clicked this time, I think it was because I really felt like I'd hit rock bottom and it was impacting my life in a way that wasn't easy to ignore anymore.
love this x

Love this idea! I'm a size 16 down from an 18, am I fat enough? I promise I feel it!

Love this! So I was a good size 24 (probably a 26 if I was being honest and not being very selective in what I wore) at the start of July. I am now just over 3 stone down and the difference is amazing! I have a long way to go yet but for once, it feels like it might actually happen!
What size are you now please? I’m very interested in how much weight loss equals a size.

Lol no I was quoting our Helfy queen but I do have a good fitness level work out 4x a week and keep up with the instructor level but it’s my diet you can’t out exercise a bad diet
This is me also. My portion sizes are a bit too big. 26 lb lost slowly since June & just slowly chipping away at it.
---
Yes I understand about something in your head clicking. I used to fast or restrict & then binge on junk over the weekend then promise to be good again.. lose 1lb then gain 2lb & mess about like that & then 1 day I thought .. even if I only lost 1 lb a wk .. that’s 52 lb in a year.

Hi bisonettes so happy this has been made! I’m trying to navigate weight loss whilst not becoming obsessed with food, whilst going to the gym, working a demanding job and going to college part time 😂 I’m a size 22 but probs 24 really if I wore anything that required buttons 🙈

What size are you now please? I’m very interested in how much weight loss equals a size.
it’s a hard one to answer. If you’d have asked me in July I’d have said I was a 24, but I knew what to buy and where to buy from, and the shapes of clothes, that made a 24 possible. I think if I were being true to myself I’d have said at the bigger end of size 26 (I’m tall so I carry it well!).

Now I’d say I’m a big 22 or a small 24. My jeans from River Island are a 24, the dress I have on today is from Joules and that’s a 22.

I should have done measurements but I didn’t think to this time. And honestly, that might be part of it that I kind of started off very low key and not let it get in my head too much.

• Heart
Don’t hate me or kick me out, I’ve been overweight since first getting pregnant 12 years ago and it took me till last January to finally make a change.

I started the year as probably a size 14 had I ever bought any clothes that weren’t oversized or elasticated (just like Bec Bec I used vanity sizing to hide how awful I felt in myself)

im now a size 10, having lost 1 stone 11lb.

Trying to lose another 10 pounds to get to my goal weight.

I realise I’m not overweight, I don’t eat dust. I bleeping love food and wine. I exercise a tit ton.
Plus I just luv youm all and all things weight loss/exercise related.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ma loooooord I can’t comment on the TT forum you funny fuckers are in but I’ve got a lard arse I need reducing so it’s nice to be able to talk with you guys about it 🤣

Reactions: 7