Bisonettes Battle the Bulge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you be happy to share which one you bought? There’s just so many out there atm, with real varied reviews.
The pink Home Fitness Code one, just under £200. My friend got it in black about 6 months earlier (she's fairly slim) and uses it everyday, hers is still going strong

Reactions: 1
Hey guys managed to weigh myself at the gym today don't want to get obsessed with what it says on the scales too much but lost 8lbs in short of 4 weeks aimed for 1lb a week so I'm chuffed

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello all! I’m newish to the becki fred but thought I’d join here too.
always need motivation. Been better with food prep this week but feeling v snacky and cancelled the gym today. Oops.
Need to get back on the walking pad and better meals to fill me up.

Heya, a lurker on Becki’s threads. I just wanted to ask for some advice on calorie counting if anybody can help please?

my fitness pal recommend I have 1400 calories to lose weight but it seems incredibly low to me? Can anyone advise please?

i am 5 foot 6 and weight 18.9 stone (which I am absolutely ashamed of!). very sedentary.

thanks 😊

Heya, a lurker on Becki’s threads. I just wanted to ask for some advice on calorie counting if anybody can help please?

my fitness pal recommend I have 1400 calories to lose weight but it seems incredibly low to me? Can anyone advise please?

i am 5 foot 6 and weight 18.9 stone (which I am absolutely ashamed of!). very sedentary.

thanks 😊
I think he’s an absolute dick but have you tried the james smith calorie calculator?

I like this calculator but you have to be realistic with your exercise. Also don’t try for 2+lbs loss a week. https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
---
I am 5’6 / 5’7. 96 kg. I have 1800 Cals week days and up to 2400 on sat / Sunday.
I have lost half a Stone slowly. Went up over Xmas. Had an injury. Haven’t been at the gym but it’s coming back down again now.

Reactions: 2
Morning. So happy to find this thread. I can't comment on the main bison post 😩 so just laugh at the comments.
I am about 2 stone overweight, started keto on 1st Jan and lost 8 lbs. Mentally though I feel amazing, so much energy as well. It's not for everyone but works for me.

Morning. So happy to find this thread. I can't comment on the main bison post 😩 so just laugh at the comments.
I am about 2 stone overweight, started keto on 1st Jan and lost 8 lbs. Mentally though I feel amazing, so much energy as well. It's not for everyone but works for me.
Do u miss carbs ? I like keto as when I’ve done it I haven’t missed carbs & my appetite reduces fast but I get bored x

Do u miss carbs ? I like keto as when I’ve done it I haven’t missed carbs & my appetite reduces fast but I get bored x
Carbs are such a tricky one. Medical professionals/most PTs advise you to have a bit in your diet, but there’s so much research suggesting even healthy complex carbs are the enemy. If I cut carbs out completely I feel so much better, but a bit guilty like I’m going on a silly non medical approved diet 😆

Carbs are such a tricky one. Medical professionals/most PTs advise you to have a bit in your diet, but there’s so much research suggesting even healthy complex carbs are the enemy. If I cut carbs out completely I feel so much better, but a bit guilty like I’m going on a silly non medical approved diet 😆
I am a nurse and it was a consultant on my ward who first told me about it 🤣

I oddly don't miss carbs after three days. I have done it on and off for five years but was totally off last year and piled weight on and my mood took a nosedive.
I never get bored of the food but bored of having to be more organised with my shopping and planning meals.

• Heart
I am a nurse and it was a consultant on my ward who first told me about it 🤣

I oddly don't miss carbs after three days. I have done it on and off for five years but was totally off last year and piled weight on and my mood took a nosedive.
I never get bored of the food but bored of having to be more organised with my shopping and planning meals.
I swear carbs just don’t agree with me- I’m not coeliac or anything. But doctors/PTs are always shocked and say you need carbohydrate in your diet :)

I swear carbs just don’t agree with me- I’m not coeliac or anything. But doctors/PTs are always shocked and say you need carbohydrate in your diet :)
I have some carbs but stick to 20g and under a day. Usually from nuts and berries or veg.

I was meant to lose 4lbs this month but instead put them on… feel like giving up for the year 😅
If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently doing a full Bison and after a tit day I'm in bed with a cuppa and a bar of creme egg chocolate 🤦‍♂️

• Heart
Does anyone have days where they're just really hungry and nothing has hit the right spot this is me today 😂😭 probably made it worse by going to the gym for distraction

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Helloum 🤗 I'm crap at coming on this thread! I have so much to update. I've gained again and this morning my rings could barely come off cos of water retention from salt yesterday. Always fun when that happens!

I went to the gym 2 weeks ago and did the Stairmaster for 10 minutes and JESUS WEPT it was so hard. My (flat) arse actually got sore after haha. Then Wednesday I went to get anger out after work and did rowing. I did 5000m on the rowing machine to lower my blood pressure lol could tell it was raised all day, I was fuming at work 😂 A few breaks, but then I actually had to physically lift my legs off after as my thighs had siezed up then did stretching but had to physically lift them into the stretches as well. Was worried I'd paralysed myself for a second 🤣 thought I'd have to call my housemate to drive my car home 😂😂😂 Then when I did drive home, I had to lift my leg onto the clutch to start the thing as I couldn't do it, then winced all the way home 😂

@soph30 trying to remember from 2 pages ago was ir you that said you were 1 point over on blood sugar and you do better on low carb? Cos same here!! I'm not obese by BMI but very bleeping nearly, and my waist hip ratio is shiteeee. Drs have told me low carb is fine if that works for me (which it did, I can get my HBA1C down). So honestly it might be our bodies are cunts and we don't process properly 😭😭😭 I bleeping love pasta and all but defo makes me sluggish 🫠 I'm 5'2, have just gone back to 11 stone 5 and I neeeed to get back on the low carb tit. Keto is too insane, an ONION has carbs, I ain't doing that 😂

I'd done some reading & stats I'd track was to stay at or around 15g *added* sugar a day (e.g. honey, syrups, sugar blah blah, not like milk (which has natural sugar according to the app I talk about below lol)) and something like 50g carbs? We're talking literally 2 years ago now 😬😬😬😬😬

App wise - (lol I havent tracked in ages) my most successful one was Cronometer. I'm a secret nerd, and it breaks down the macronutrients when you click on it as to what foods you ate that day contributes. E.g. did youm all know choona has every single amino acid?? Cleansing choona 😌 it also colour codes and I'm a visual learner so 😍 The only crap part is it's database is American with some UK but I just sort of pick the closest thing if it doesn't have it.

Last edited:
I didn’t mention blood sugar- have no idea what mine is. Mentioned low carb :)