Bisonettes Battle the Bulge

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve lost 0.5lbs over Easter weekend!! Absolutely shocked hahahaha, that’s from yesterday to this morning so hopefully it carries on this week because I’m back on it. Also due on my period so the fact I’ve lost weight this week is staggering

Reactions: 2
I did a placement on an endocrine outpatients years ago and it was shocking ho many overweight children we saw even then.
The parents were usually also overweight and had diabetes. The consultant was amazing at asking the parents what a normal diet was then asking the children but saying it in a way that the kids had to tell the truth. Either the parents were in mass denial or were just liars.

Reactions: 1
I’ve lost 26lb in 4 weeks but I’ve given birth in those 4 weeks and eat off a kids plate now. Haven’t had time to binge on anything really.

I started HRT 7 weeks ago and losing about 2lb a week , wish I had spoke to my doctor sooner.

Reactions: 4
Honestly the less junk you eat the less you crave it. I'm down to like three chocolate bars/packets of sweets etc a week :)

Reactions: 3
Honestly the less junk you eat the less you crave it. I'm down to like three chocolate bars/packets of sweets etc a week :)
I try and swap sweet for stuff like grapes. Both are easy to grab and eat at work while I’m busy. Don’t get me wrong I still eat sweets and could consume a share pack if I’m not careful but it’s all about balance and I’d never sustain and type of diet that cut out sweets and chocolate. Crisp I eat plenty of but I’d be less sad if they where cut out my diet.

Reactions: 2
I really need to commit to battling the bulge more than ever. I have a fertility referral through and need to shift two stone exactly to be eligible for IVF 🥹 so paperwork is photocopied and stuck on the fridge and cupboards, yes the kitchen looks wild, but I need a reminder when I’m reaching for snacks

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I try and swap sweet for stuff like grapes. Both are easy to grab and eat at work while I’m busy. Don’t get me wrong I still eat sweets and could consume a share pack if I’m not careful but it’s all about balance and I’d never sustain and type of diet that cut out sweets and chocolate. Crisp I eat plenty of but I’d be less sad if they where cut out my diet.
Oh you don’t need to cut out completely, that’s a recipe for cravings! Just find alternatives as you’ve done ❤

Don’t buy share packs just for yourself btw there’s no need, you’ll just eat them 🤭

I wish people would stop eating junk around me and shops would stop selling it :( temptation everywhereee

I am currently 3.9kg away from my smallest adult weight 💃
Down to my next stone bracket and absolutely determined now

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm stuck at a plateau! Lost 9lbs since 9th Feb, but keep gaining and losing 2lbs. Not mentally so fab atm so been binging again/drinking alcohol and not sticking to my diet. I also barely walk, I wfh and in a houseshare and really lack the motivation to step outside of the house, I just feel lethargic about it. Any motivation would be greatly appreciated as I'm honestly more sedentary than Becki which is shameful!!! 🙏🙏

However good thing, I've started doing yoga again with my friend (we do video calls and watch youtibe videos), and I'm really enjoying it, it's nice to have that exercise buddy! Have booked s GP appointment to discuss my hormones, kind of off the back of my friend suggesting something 😅 pnervous as I'm constantly terrified I'm diabetic or something! My wait to hip ratio is sooo bad 🫠😭

I'm stuck at a plateau! Lost 9lbs since 9th Feb, but keep gaining and losing 2lbs. Not mentally so fab atm so been binging again/drinking alcohol and not sticking to my diet. I also barely walk, I wfh and in a houseshare and really lack the motivation to step outside of the house, I just feel lethargic about it. Any motivation would be greatly appreciated as I'm honestly more sedentary than Becki which is shameful!!! 🙏🙏

However good thing, I've started doing yoga again with my friend (we do video calls and watch youtibe videos), and I'm really enjoying it, it's nice to have that exercise buddy! Have booked s GP appointment to discuss my hormones, kind of off the back of my friend suggesting something 😅 pnervous as I'm constantly terrified I'm diabetic or something! My wait to hip ratio is sooo bad 🫠😭
Why don’t u set yourself an alarm daily & literally just say u are gonna have a 5 min walk.. if u really can’t be bothered 5 mins is nothing n will get u out the house but more than likely, once u start u will go for longer. Podcasts / audio books on stuff u are interested in would help too.