Bikini Waxing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread. I’ve been having a regular Hollywood wax for about 2 decades. I appreciate it is a very personal thing to take your underwear off in front of someone, and the pain is not pleasant. I don’t think anyone on here could talk you into or out of a wax if that’s the way you feel. That said, I could not go more than 4/5 weeks without a wax. I’d rather cut back elsewhere to make sure I could afford it. It feels clean, fresh and I couldn’t ever imagine not having it done.

Reactions: 1
Update on the previous question, I got the Nad's sugar wax kit off Amazon, thought I may as well give it a try just once and see how I feel from there. My boyfriend did it on me last night and he's surprisingly talented at it 😂 It was absolutely hilarious. He's asked when he can do it again and put it in his calendar 😅. Only downside is the pain of the application of the wax is worse than the wax being ripped off, so pully. Thinking of heating it up a bit next time and seeing how it goes. Even if going forward I just wax my own thighs and armpits, its a saving of about £20 a month so a small victory.

I know it varies from person to person but roughly how long can you get from in between waxes? Is it just the more you go, the longer it'll take for the hair to grow back?
I've been getting my legs waxed for a few months now and still having to go monthly due to how fast they're growing

I know it varies from person to person but roughly how long can you get from in between waxes? Is it just the more you go, the longer it'll take for the hair to grow back?
I've been getting my legs waxed for a few months now and still having to go monthly due to how fast they're growing
I’ve been waxed for years and years and the frequency of my waxing needs has never changed. My hair growth never slowed sadly.

• Sad
Same for me. I’m having laser now and that’s made a real difference
I’d like to have laser on my neck (hormone imbalance means I have hair growth on my neck and chin). Previously had it on the NHS about 12 years ago and they won’t do it now. The thing that puts me off is having to shave in between sessions and sessions being 6 weeks apart. Is it the same with bikini, I assume?

I’d like to have laser on my neck (hormone imbalance means I have hair growth on my neck and chin). Previously had it on the NHS about 12 years ago and they won’t do it now. The thing that puts me off is having to shave in between sessions and sessions being 6 weeks apart. Is it the same with bikini, I assume?
Yes it’s the same for bikini but it’s been fine. I’ve been surprised how quickly it’s gone. I’m having a bit on my face too and I’ve just been trimming the hairs with scissors rather than shaving there. I have a random hairy patch on my leg though as I have a tattoo and they can’t use it anywhere near that so have to remember to keep shaving that or I have one hairy ankle 😂

I had my first Brazilian on monday. How long until it stops looking so angry? 😂. And is there an optimum time where it looks and feels the best?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I had my first Brazilian on monday. How long until it stops looking so angry? 😂. And is there an optimum time where it looks and feels the best?
It should be okay after 3 days? Hope you haven’t got a follicle infection or something from a bad salon

Oh dear, i can’t say I’ve ever looked angry down there after a wax tbh 🤔 well maybe for an hour or two after it looks a bit red but the redness soon goes

Her skin may just be sensitive, don't want to scare her :) give it a week and update us- is it red skin or red swollen follicules

Reactions: 2
It’s just some red spots at the moment (day 3). It’s not sore or anything, it just doesn’t look the best atm!

My beautician recommended an aloe Vera gel for after getting my bikini wax (can’t remember the name just now sorry) I not need to use it so much now but it calms redness/spots and stops ingrown hairs for regrowth

I’ve been waxing since I was 18 and am now 30. I would never ever do anything else, it stresses me out when my friends tall about shaving their pubes, mainly cos I think they’re missing out on having such a smooth vagina 😂 sugar waxing is the best IMO

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't suppose anybody here is based around the South West that could recommend a good salon? I've had two waxes ever locally and both times they made me keep my knickers on AND hold my own skin tight which I'm guessing isn't the done thing from a good salon, judging by the comments here! I'd love to have a proper pamper in the new year!

I don't suppose anybody here is based around the South West that could recommend a good salon? I've had two waxes ever locally and both times they made me keep my knickers on AND hold my own skin tight which I'm guessing isn't the done thing from a good salon, judging by the comments here! I'd love to have a proper pamper in the new year!
Can't help with a specific salon but try and see if any of the salons are trained by Kim lawless, aka the wax queen. X

• Heart
Bringing this back as tonight will be my 4th full hollywood wax. I had to shave after my second one as i couldnt get an appt and it was awful. I still feel a little embarassed but once she does the first wax im okay. Its been 2 months since my last one as i have been ill and I go away this weekend so wanted to time it right. Definitely gonna get my money's worth tonight haha

Reactions: 3
Bringing this back as tonight will be my 4th full hollywood wax. I had to shave after my second one as i couldnt get an appt and it was awful. I still feel a little embarassed but once she does the first wax im okay. Its been 2 months since my last one as i have been ill and I go away this weekend so wanted to time it right. Definitely gonna get my money's worth tonight haha
So you know if it’s longer than a grain of rice, do they trim before they wax?!

So you know if it’s longer than a grain of rice, do they trim before they wax?!
Ive never admitted this to anyone before. I went through a bad mental health stage about 5 years ago. Nothing major as MH goes, but just gave up on myself a bit. No waxing or shaving legs for probably 5 months (im fair so not very noticable and it was winter). Got my act together and went for a wax. Never thought about length or anything. She got the scissors out and i nearly had a stroke out of pure embarassment 🤣 at that point it struck me just how hairy my legs were!! Gave her a tenner for ger troubles and never went back again 😭

But on a serious note, dont worry, theyve seen it all (and then some!) before!

• Heart
Reactions: 5