Bikini Waxing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went for my first Brazilian wax today and all I can say is.. ouch. I can’t even call it a Brazilian as I tapped out and got a ‘high bikini’ wax. Was not prepared for how much it was going to hurt, I cried!!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Very random advice but I find it is less painful for me if I go about a week or so after my period!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried the new Gillette razor for pubic hair? I'm reading mixed reviews online, considering trying it but wondering is it genuinely any better than the regular Venus razors

Has anyone tried the new Gillette razor for pubic hair? I'm reading mixed reviews online, considering trying it but wondering is it genuinely any better than the regular Venus razors
I’m going to assume it’s just a razor? And the whole “it’s for public hair” thing is just marketing spin?

Reactions: 2
I’m going to assume it’s just a razor? And the whole “it’s for public hair” thing is just marketing spin?
Yep that's what I'm cynical about. They have launched some new lotion with it and marketing it heavily. Still too scared to get a brazilian so dreading using a razor again for my hols, nasty red bumps on bikini line

Yep that's what I'm cynical about. They have launched some new lotion with it and marketing it heavily. Still too scared to get a brazilian so dreading using a razor again for my hols, nasty red bumps on bikini line
Oh no, just get a wax!!!!! Why are you scared??

Reactions: 1
It's a bit the pain, but mostly the thought of the therapist seeing my lady bits! I'm strange about this even in the showers in the gym I don't like other gals seeing my bits
Oh, honestly, the therapist really - genuinely- won’t give two hoots. They see them all day long!!!!!! Don’t let that stop you! A good bikini wax is such a game changer

Reactions: 5
I've not tried it , but it could just be a different shape from the razors aimed at legs . Like so it's easier to do the harder to get to bits.

Ooh I've just stumbled across this and have a question as a waxing novice... I really want a decent Brazilian wax however I can be a bit jumpy and when I went for a wax about 10 years ago the therapist had me hold my skin taut but my jumpiness made me let go 🙈 is it the norm to have to hold skin taut or is there any way around this?

I know this may sound ridiculous but it's stopped me going back for the last decade, the therapist stopped part way through last time because I just (involuntarily) letting go of my skin.

Ooh I've just stumbled across this and have a question as a waxing novice... I really want a decent Brazilian wax however I can be a bit jumpy and when I went for a wax about 10 years ago the therapist had me hold my skin taut but my jumpiness made me let go 🙈 is it the norm to have to hold skin taut or is there any way around this?

I know this may sound ridiculous but it's stopped me going back for the last decade, the therapist stopped part way through last time because I just (involuntarily) letting go of my skin.
You went to a tit therapist. They don’t usually ask you to hold your skin. They should be skilled and experienced enough that they can properly wax you without asking you to do anything and certainly shouldn’t be stopping a treatment and essentially blaming you for it!!!! Try someone new. Ask friends/family for recommendations or look up local therapists and find reviews on social media etc

I’ve had my therapist ask me to do that before, I assumed it was because I was a bit fat or because she was trying to take my mind of what she was doing by getting me to do something as it seemed like she didn’t really need me to 😂 if they’re using hot wax though it’s not normally needed as they can stretch with one hand and pull with the other when it’s time to remove it

You went to a tit therapist. They don’t usually ask you to hold your skin. They should be skilled and experienced enough that they can properly wax you without asking you to do anything and certainly shouldn’t be stopping a treatment and essentially blaming you for it!!!! Try someone new. Ask friends/family for recommendations or look up local therapists and find reviews on social media etc
Brill thank you, I'll look for some recommendations!

I’ve had my therapist ask me to do that before, I assumed it was because I was a bit fat or because she was trying to take my mind of what she was doing by getting me to do something as it seemed like she didn’t really need me to 😂 if they’re using hot wax though it’s not normally needed as they can stretch with one hand and pull with the other when it’s time to remove it
😂 I thought it was because I was fat too.

Sugaring is where it's at these days 💯 less harsh, natural ingredients etc. Check that out instead of normal wax. I will be using this my method. It also doesn't pull the skin like normal wax, just pulls it the hair only.
I find sugaring more painful as it drags the hair really slowly :)

It's a bit the pain, but mostly the thought of the therapist seeing my lady bits! I'm strange about this even in the showers in the gym I don't like other gals seeing my bits
I'm with you on this. It doesn't matter that the therapist sees loads all day long it's how it makes YOU feel. I couldn't do it. I just had a bikini wax and that was too much for me. Everyone is different and have different comfort levels.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone ever given themselves a bikini/thigh wax?

I've just been reviewing my finances and realised I'm spending a few grand on beauty treatments per year, which I need to cut back on.

I can't decide whether to buy a wax kit and brave trying to do it myself/getting my boyfriend to do it for me, or cut back elsewhere.

I've just been reviewing my finances and realised I'm spending a few grand on beauty treatments per year, which I need to cut back on.

I can't decide whether to buy a wax kit and brave trying to do it myself/getting my boyfriend to do it for me, or cut back elsewhere.
Try model groups in your local area! I never pay for mine, I just reply to model calls for them to practice on you :)

• Heart

I think unless you get a professional set up it's pretty difficult and messy to do yourself. The wax strip things you can get are utterly useless, I could never get them to warm up enough!

If you like having a smooth foof, I'd definitely cut back elsewhere or go 70s bush 🤣

• Haha