Bikini Waxing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sometimes I pop a few pain half an hour beforehand 😄
I do that too, if I know it'll be painful. Especially if it's too close to the time of the month.

If anyone else is considering doing it on their own at home for the first time, I'd say skip it. Done it twice with those waxing beads that don't need wax strips, but it's messy and take three times as long, not to mention the back pain you'll probably have to deal with and this is coming from someone who is fairly flexible. Not worth the effort unless a salon is simply not an option.

@milkywaymelon how did it go 😂

Reactions: 1
@milkywaymelon how did it go 😂

I survived!! Although she ended up doing it with the wax that you use those paper strip's with so it wasn't what I expected! Wasn't awful though and she was really quick.

Reactions: 2
Sugaring is where it's at these days 💯 less harsh, natural ingredients etc. Check that out instead of normal wax. I will be using this my method. It also doesn't pull the skin like normal wax, just pulls it the hair only.

Likely a really stupid question from me here but... Do you wear no knickers while they do the wax, not even disposable ones?
Does the therapist see your vagina?

I've always shaved in the summer pre bikini, but I inevitably get angry red bumps and sick of it. I'm very hairy and dark - must be my Mediterranean heritage

No knickers. They just get in the way of the wax. They normally give you a sheet of paper or a towel to cover your modesty but yes she’ll see your vagina.

Reactions: 3
Likely a really stupid question from me here but... Do you wear no knickers while they do the wax, not even disposable ones?

I've always shaved in the summer pre bikini, but I inevitably get angry red bumps and sick of it. I'm very hairy and dark - must be my Mediterranean heritage
I’ve had a Hollywood wax and wore no underwear. It was a lady training that did it (so it was cheaper 😅) and there was another lady that came in to check on her now & again, I was a bit shy at first but it was a proper waxing salon that I went to so it was something they saw everyday. They were both very professional and friendly.

Reactions: 5
I get the Hollywood too, no knicks but I've spawned a child so have no embarrassment where my hoohah is concerned!

The lady that does mine just chats away, they are doing their job not judging your foof.

Don't worry about it 👍

They will see pretty much everything!!!! But, it’s their job yknow - it’s what they do every day. They see many, many, many peoples vaginas/arse cracks, not to mention men’s cock & balls and arse hole when they do back/sack/crack - don’t worry about it !!

Just found this thread, weirdly after having a Hollywood done at the weekend! Definitely recommend Lycon hot wax as the others have said, way less painful! The only thing I find with waxing, is the ingrown hairs when the hair grows back- does anyone else find this? Nothing seems to work to prevent them- I exfoliate, have a spray for ingrowns etc but they still appear & can be uncomfortable. So I'm considering laser treatment, I'm just put off by having to shave the hair first as that gives me bumps & itches 😬can't win!

Just found this thread, weirdly after having a Hollywood done at the weekend! Definitely recommend Lycon hot wax as the others have said, way less painful! The only thing I find with waxing, is the ingrown hairs when the hair grows back- does anyone else find this? Nothing seems to work to prevent them- I exfoliate, have a spray for ingrowns etc but they still appear & can be uncomfortable. So I'm considering laser treatment, I'm just put off by having to shave the hair first as that gives me bumps & itches 😬can't win!
Use glycolic acid and just sweep it over the area, works a treat. Also good for dry skin on elbows/knees or on your feet

Waxing is the one thing I do not hesitate to pay someone else to do! its a chore trying to do it yourself and you waste so much time.

Also I echo all the posts saying look for somwhere that uses Lycon wax - its honestly the best. I only get waxed with it.

I was watching some youtube video where a girl goes in for a wax and her therapist told her when she exfoliates she should go in one direction, not circles as that helps with ingrown hairs.

I got a brazillian for the first time ever today, hot wax and WOW it was sore 🤣 please tell me the first time is the worst and after that it gets easier?
I'm still so red and tender and would happily give birth and have stitches agaib than go through that pain every time. My poor flaps 😭🤣

• Haha
I got a brazillian for the first time ever today, hot wax and WOW it was sore 🤣 please tell me the first time is the worst and after that it gets easier?
I'm still so red and tender and would happily give birth and have stitches agaib than go through that pain every time. My poor flaps 😭🤣
I've never had hot wax so can't comment, what I would say is go somewhere that uses lycon waxing, the wax becomes the strip and I have never had any problems with soreness or anything afterwards (I go the whole hog and get a Hollywood).

Perhaps try some cortisone cream or one of the products specifically for irritation from waxing.

Wishing you and your foof a speedy recovery 👍

I've never had hot wax so can't comment, what I would say is go somewhere that uses lycon waxing, the wax becomes the strip and I have never had any problems with soreness or anything afterwards (I go the whole hog and get a Hollywood).

Perhaps try some cortisone cream or one of the products specifically for irritation from waxing.

Wishing you and your foof a speedy recovery 👍
Lycon is a type of hot wax, it’s just the brand. Although I think it’s got more essential oils in it and doesn’t have to get as hot as other brands so more comfortable.

Sensitive question: is waxing ok for *ahem*, mature women? I'm 57, and I'm heartily sick of shaving. I like swimming, but I'm very dark-haired and it's a nightmare trying to remove it from everywhere. I'm fairly "bendy" for my age, but trying to shave right underneath is getting more awkward as the years pass. Not to mention that my eyes are going and I can't see what I'm doing in the shower!
(Sorry if it's TMI, but this seems like a safe space! 😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sensitive question: is waxing ok for *ahem*, mature women? I'm 57, and I'm heartily sick of shaving. I like swimming, but I'm very dark-haired and it's a nightmare trying to remove it from everywhere. I'm fairly "bendy" for my age, but trying to shave right underneath is getting more awkward as the years pass. Not to mention that my eyes are going and I can't see what I'm doing in the shower!
(Sorry if it's TMI, but this seems like a safe space! 😂)
Anyone can have a wax. Not sure what you think being 57 would stop you??