Biggest regrets?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Putting on weight. I'm finding it hard to shift, no motivation and have lost even more confidence!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Fcking up a relationship at 19 by getting too needy and not being 'cool' enough (to be fair, he might have dumped me anyway), all my memories of first love now are tainted, I still think about it and it's nearly 20 years later.

Reactions: 1
Fcking up a relationship at 19 by getting too needy and not being 'cool' enough (to be fair, he might have dumped me anyway), all my memories of first love now are tainted, I still think about it and it's nearly 20 years later.
😂

I still have thoughts about these things that happened years ago

Reactions: 2
😂

I still have thoughts about these things that happened years ago
Yep, I've matured massively as a person and done so much since then, I'm barely even like the person I was at 19, AND YET i still think of this relationship a few times a week (not always for long, but it pops into my head), I wish we had been able to stay friends

• Heart
Ooh... Update on mine. I fell into a job in January and it turned out to be my dream job ❤
Guess it was a temporary regret
Excellent news, well done.

My biggest regret was falling in love with a toxic pig of a man, who over the course of 3 years, alienated me from my family and friends, took me to and from work so I couldn’t talk to anyone else, threatened to smack some man who smiled at me in the street, called me ugly and held my head under the tap if I wore makeup - the list of abuse is endless. I wasn’t even very young, 26 when I met him. I finally got the courage to tell my manager what was happening (he worked at the same company in a different department) and she offered me immediate physical assistance, for which I will ALWAYS be grateful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Probably turning to drink and drugs socially in my teens thinking it was the cool thing to do. My sister died when I was 16 so I just buried my head in the sand. I feel that recreational drugs and heavy binge drinking was all fun at the time but it definitely has caused me nothing but mental health problems as I have gotten older.

Another regret would be staying with ex partners that were toxic and letting them destroy me mentally so that I suffered from serious trust issues and lack of confidence.

But I suppose every path I went down has brought me to were I am and I am now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not getting a better education. It’s partly my parents fault for sending me to a rubbish school when they could of afforded to pay for a private education. I’m in my 40s now and restricted jobwise because even a lot of basic office jobs ask for a degree qualification, but my age also goes against me now as well.

Wasting 7 years of my life with a horrible guy. He made me so miserable but just couldn't see it. I never felt so happy and relieved when we broke up and I wish I broke up with him sooner and not waste all those years on him. I'm single now and at my happiest.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Loving and respecting certain of my siblings so much. Turns out they were horrible people, from whom I am now estranged.

Afew weeks ago in the nice weather. I spent the whole afternoon in a pub beer garden, sank several drinks, went home drank afew more, then for some unknown reason. I stupidly drove to the shop about a mile away and back.

I remember getting in the car thinking I was fine at the time. Truthfully, I was hammered.

I woke up the next day feeling like absolute shite. I didn’t hurt anyone & drove there and back without incident but I could have easily killed someone…. If I got pulled it would have been an instant ban, I’d have lost my job. I have two kids, what would I have done? I regretted it ever since, I’ve never done it before and never will again. I learnt a lesson that night and I’ll never forgive myself.

Reactions: 2