Biggest regrets?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I regret wasting the majority of my 20's and the first few years of my 30's with an abusive, narcissistic pig. Allowing him to be my baby's dad.

I regret trusting someone who I called my best friend for 12 years, who was more like a sister who then ditched me and her god son completely when she entered a new relationship.

I regret not always being savvy with my money when I was younger, I'm luckily a lot better with it now and love to save.

I regret not looking after my health more and allowing myself to be consumed by food the majority of my life.

Reactions: 7
Love to everyone who has gone through what they have xx

Listening to parents when applying for uni courses instead of doing what interested me

Not capitalising on great opportunity and ending up as I am now.

Biggest by far is cheating on girlfriend. Have been single ever since and it will be 20 years single in November. Ruined my life and mental health and only one idiot to blame and I get to see his face in the mirror every day.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I regret not studying harder and had a career rather than a succession of jobs. I have been well paid but the jobs have always been meaningless and unstimulating. I wanted to be a journalist. It was mentioned to my parents that I should apply to do a journalist course.
But on the flip side, one of my biggest regrets is going to uni to do a journalism course. Wish I hadn’t ❤

Reactions: 1
Not travelling more
Not studying something that had a career at the end of it
lived alone for a while

Reactions: 3
Picking subjects I liked at A level rather than the ones I was good at
Going to uni and doing a course my mum had picked for me rather than what I wanted to do
Not going to college in between sixth form and uni and learning a skill
Not doing something like business management in uni
Staying with a physically abusive head of an ex and getting a CCJ when I was 21
Staying with an emotionally abusive head of an ex and becoming a shell of my former fun self

But everything happens for a reason! If I hadn't of made those decisions I may not have met my (almost!) husband

• Heart
Turning down some guy I now think would have been really great for me. I was with someone else, and convinced myself I needed to try and make that work. turned out the guy I was with had a whole other secret life that I only discovered after we'd been together 18 months. By then the other guy had met someone else. Nicest, funniest, sweetest, smartest bloke in the world and now really loaded too. I curse my decision every day!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This will always be my biggest regret. I had to cancel plans very last minute with my dear brother. We were supposed to head away for the weekend but I mixed up my diary dates. Had I followed through on the plans we had, I am convinced he would still be here today. I feel like that weekend away could of shown him that life is always worth living, I dunno really.

I know what he decided to do next is not my fault, however I don't think I can forgive myself for not going away with him that fateful weekend.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Not going to the police to report my abuser. I can’t help but feel he got away with it. He died a while back and I found out after there were other victims. Maybe if I’d come forward it would have made a difference. He had a nice life up to the end and that is hard to sit with that sometimes. I wish he’d gotten what he deserved.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
In the scheme of things this regret is trivial, but then again maybe not. I made a comment about a certain celebrity, on a Tattle thread last week. It was one of the meanest things I have ever said on Tattle, or anywhere for that matter. I wish I had not posted the comment, and that it could be removed.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I try not to regret anything but here it goes.
College/uni
Letting people get to me
Not listening to my gut
Not having boundaries

In the scheme of things this regret is trivial, but then again maybe not. I made a comment about a certain celebrity, on a Tattle thread last week. It was one of the meanest things I have ever said on Tattle, or anywhere for that matter. I wish I had not posted the comment, and that it could be removed.
If you report the comment they will delete it for you

Reactions: 2
Being too nice to people and being walked all over. Not being brave enough to tell them to get fucked basically.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t regret much because I believe all my previous choices have led me to where I am now, and I have a very nice life, but these are the regrets I think of every day;

Not going to uni to study midwifery when I was younger. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do but now I’m mid 30s, have a mortgage to pay, kids etc I don’t think it’s doable, especially not financially

Not being with my dad when he passed away. We knew it was fairly imminent but I chose to leave the hospice to be with my baby son overnight because I missed him. Now I feel like my priorities were wrong - my son will never remember that day and whether I was there or not but my dad was probably aware that I wasn’t there with him

Choosing solid oak work tops for my new kitchen instead of quartz like I originally wanted - fairly trivial in the grand scheme of things but genuinely something I think about every day 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Having children so young. I don't mean I regret having children, just that I wish I had more wisdom behind me when I did.

I was 19 when I had my first daughter and 22 with my second. My now husband and I had been together for 3 years when I fell pregnant, we were still living between parents houses and had jobs. We rushed to move into a rented flat because we wanted to be independent which led to mountains of debt.

I then quickly got pregnant with our second which piled the debt on even more.

The youngest is now 9 and we've only just got ourselves comfortable. We both have good jobs with decent wages which we could have been using in better ways than paying off debt for years on end if we had been clever when our children were first born.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I regret not telling anyone how bad our life was at home. Maybe nothing would have changed for me but it may have got my brother out of there and saved him from spiralling into drugs to numb his pain and anger. I will always have to live with how the physical abuse affected me but I have a great life now while my brother still struggles.

I regret my first marriage to an absolutely loser who refused to work and even now is still living on benefits at 53 years old. I also regret not leaving him the first time he beat me up.

I regret how I treated the few boyfriends who showed me genuine kindness. I was so used to abuse that I would treat them very badly because I could … I’m sorry 😢

I regret letting the years that I was overweight hold me back … I feel like I’m always playing catch up now.

I regret the tears I’ve shed over not having normal parents. It’s them not me and I shouldn’t have wasted my time wishing for something I could never have.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wish I did better at school but I’m just so crap when it comes to exams, I’m awful at maths 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I regret accepting a couple of jobs in my early to mid 20s which had a toxic culture with sexual harassment which has really messed me up mentally.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Not spending more time with a loved one before they died 💔

Not looking after myself while grieving.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Allowing myself to gain so much weight
Still doing dead end jobs when I actually have a brain and could do better
Treating my first love badly
Being someone’s bit on the side for nearly a decade

• Heart
Reactions: 5