Biggest regrets?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doing a degree that realistically I was never going to be able to do as a day job

Waiting to have my first child in my 30’s when now I know I can’t wait too much longer to have the next one due to my age

Not sticking up for myself more to people who have acted like arseholes in the past

Reactions: 4
Being with my ex for 13 years when we were both miserable for at least half that. Having children with my ex and having them so young. I wish I would have waited

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I regret much. Particularly letting so many people away with mistreating me because I hated confrontation. I'm different now, but I learned too late.

• Sad
I regret much. Particularly letting so many people away with mistreating me because I hated confrontation. I'm different now, but I learned too late.
I agree with this completely, I’ve let people treat me like tit before because I was too scared of confrontation or sticking up for myself, mostly in jobs in the past, I also regret not getting a degree

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I regret staying in a toxic, on and off relationship for years in my early 20s. Sometimes when we were "off" I would meet some really great guys and think, "maybe things would be better if I gave this one a chance". My ex probably had some sort of happiness alert go off because he would reel me right back in before anything really took off with anyone else. I also passed on the chance for an amazing study abroad program one year at school because he didn't want to take part but he also didn't want me to leave for a semester. A few of my classmates ended up going and had the best experience, while I of course was stuck back in my toxic situation. Even for several years after finally breaking things off, I suffered a lot of emotional distress whenever I had flashbacks of how abusive he was, or if anyone said or did anything that reminded me of his behavior towards me. Luckily, I'm in a much, much better place now but the feeling of regret will never really go away.

• Heart
I regret leaving the city id lived in my whole life, when my grandparents who raised me from the age of 11 were getting older. I thought they’d have all the time in the world, but they both passed away within the first 2 years of me moving. Both could of had a lot of comfort with me being around to help them at the end of there days, but I was too far away and in a position where I could only do very little. It will hurt forever that I left when I did.

Wasting money on materials when it could of been spent on experiences

Staying in a very toxic and seriously abusive relationship for such a long time.

• Heart
I can't say I regret anything I've done, I think things happen for a reason so even the bits of my life that have been a bit tit have had something positive come out of them. I fear that I will regret more the things I haven't done rather than the things I have.

Reactions: 1
This will always be my biggest regret. I had to cancel plans very last minute with my dear brother. We were supposed to head away for the weekend but I mixed up my diary dates. Had I followed through on the plans we had, I am convinced he would still be here today. I feel like that weekend away could of shown him that life is always worth living, I dunno really.

I know what he decided to do next is not my fault, however I don't think I can forgive myself for not going away with him that fateful weekend.
just came across this thread and had to comment on this. Please please forgive yourself I’m sure your brother would not want you to feel guilt Sending you lots of love x

This will always be my biggest regret. I had to cancel plans very last minute with my dear brother. We were supposed to head away for the weekend but I mixed up my diary dates. Had I followed through on the plans we had, I am convinced he would still be here today. I feel like that weekend away could of shown him that life is always worth living, I dunno really.

I know what he decided to do next is not my fault, however I don't think I can forgive myself for not going away with him that fateful weekend.
I am so so so sorry 💔😞 this has broken my heart reading this. Sending you love & strength.

• Heart
I regret staying in a toxic relationship for so long. I regret not pushing more to find out who my biological Father is and letting my Mum walk all over me. I regret not going to see my best friend more before he died of cancer a few years ago 😞

• Heart
Not taking up an offer to do a work sponsored degree because my ex husband disapproved, probably because he didn’t have one.
We had two young children and I would have needed his support

Doing better in school i messed around and should have re-took more things.It is never too late but i can't afford to return to college.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
just came across this thread and had to comment on this. Please please forgive yourself I’m sure your brother would not want you to feel guilt Sending you lots of love x
I am so so so sorry 💔😞 this has broken my heart reading this. Sending you love & strength.

Thank you both for your kind words. I miss him so much. Grief is like the ocean, it comes in waves and unfortunately is the price we pay for loving someone dearly.

• Heart
I regret leaving my beautiful Madrid behind.

I regret spending so much time worrying about fitting in with my peers at school. People who I don't give a second thought to nowadays.

I regret not doing drugs. I always feel like I missed out. Now I'm in middle age, maybe I'll go on a binge.

• Haha
I wish I'd been less sensible and a bit more wild.

Not cutting off a toxic friend sooner. Having empathy isn't always a good thing. Don't give them second chances. Just cut them loose, guilt free.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
-Not working hard at my A levels and subsequently making a poor decision with my first degree. I'm doing another one now as a mature student that will lead straight into a career but it's much harder with a family to consider and I doubt I'll achieve as much as if I'd started when I was younger.
-Buying our previous house, convinced its actually cursed.
-Not nurturing long term friendships more effectively, though to be fair that works both ways.

Going to university. Wasting so much time and energy on toxic ‘friends’ and crappy boyfriends. Being desperate to settle down instead of enjoying being young, free and single. Letting my weight dictate my self worth and happiness.

Not saving in my early 20s. I didn't have much to save, but I could have saved some.

Also not doing a year abroad on my undergraduate degree. I never wanted to travel and still don't but I do regret not getting to experience another country and culture for a year back when it was all easily arranged through uni etc.