Big Brother Gossip #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah they know there is a big demand for the older series but they would never have it on a streaming service because theyre too afraid of backlash

Reactions: 2
Maybe looking back it's all a bit of a tarnished legacy so everyone is gradually distancing. Even that show they did in lockdown seemed a really weird look back on it all. Like they pretended some of the series over the years didn't even exist.
That was very underwhelming.

That was very underwhelming.
That was SO random, just plonking out really random episodes with absolutely no context as to what happened before/after....utterly pointless.

I definitely think they'll bring it back at some point soon though, I'm surprised they didn't announce something after the 'celebration' last year (?).

Do we have enough Z-Listers back in the pool (that haven't already done it) for a CBB?

Reactions: 3
I’ve recently started following a Big Brother fan account on TikTok and I’d completely forgotten how unpleasant BB9 was until I saw a clip they’d uploaded of Dennis spitting in Mo’s face. They were all so awful with the exception of Rachel and maybe Darnell. Mario was a narcissistic fantasist, Mikey was a creepy weirdo who got away with it because he was blind, Luke was an obnoxious little tit stirring twit, Lisa was a vapid air head and Bex was utterly repulsive. There was Rex who was also narcissistic and obnoxious but cleverer than the rest of them, and oh god his awful girlfriend Nicole. Not forgetting Kat who would have her ‘heart broken’ every Sunday night before nominations happened. Her surprise eviction in a dressing gown was hilarious,

Reactions: 16
I’ve recently started following a Big Brother fan account on TikTok and I’d completely forgotten how unpleasant BB9 was until I saw a clip they’d uploaded of Dennis spitting in Mo’s face. They were all so awful with the exception of Rachel and maybe Darnell. Mario was a narcissistic fantasist, Mikey was a creepy weirdo who got away with it because he was blind, Luke was an obnoxious little tit stirring twit, Lisa was a vapid air head and Bex was utterly repulsive. There was Rex who was also narcissistic and obnoxious but cleverer than the rest of them, and oh god his awful girlfriend Nicole. Not forgetting Kat who would have her ‘heart broken’ every Sunday night before nominations happened. Her surprise eviction in a dressing gown was hilarious,
Awful, awful series.

Please be true!!! Think of the amount of shows different channels (especially ITV2) have wasted time on to find the next Big Brother instead of just bringing back Big Brother. Love Island is OK but full of clones of one another after teeth whitening and protein shake ads. Big Brother has given us a variety of winners of different nationalities, genders and sexualities. It's a show for anyone to be on and I would welcome it returning.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We need another series of Big Brother, like we need a hole in the head. What are ITV thinking? Oh I forgot, ratings and revenue, are all they have ever cared about.

Big Brother will definitely be back, it’s still going in other countries as far as I know. But I don’t think ITV is the right channel for it. It would just feel wrong to hear -

”Big Brother house, this is Ant and Dec, you are live on ITV, please do not swear!”.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I get the feeling if ITV bring it back it will be some lame watered down version shown on itv2 in the daytime 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 8
I was a huge fan back in the day but I’ll swerve any reboots unless there’s proper support to participants and a genuine attempt to make some interesting tv without exploiting a group of fame hungry wannabes.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And that’s without even mentioning “POW POW remember I told you!” Alexandra and the awful Dale, Jennifer, Sylvia and Stuart.

I was a huge fan back in the day but I’ll swerve any reboots unless there’s proper support to participants and a genuine attempt to make some interesting tv without exploiting a group of fame hungry wannabes.
But the trouble is, like with any reality TV especially now in the year 2022 (though I’d say within the last decade at least, actually) are there any people other than “fame hungry wannabes” that would subject themselves in front of the camera these days on reality TV? Even “normal” reality shows like Come Dine With Me has centered the “I’m wacky, me!” types. Knowing the press, the gossip, the Internet forums, the tabloid stories about you and your family, and everything rlse that comes from appearing on BB, and also being aware that going on the show no longer geta you Heat magazine covers, and interviews on Lorraine, and possibly a shot at TV or radio presenting, (and assuming you’re a normal person 😄) I have to ask…Would you go on a 2023 or future series of BB? I would emphatically NOT!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
No what killed it off was using media people who knew how to play the game and not genuine civilians.
The celeb versions are generally crap though. Everything features celebs these days. And everyone is media savvy now, it's just the way it is. A lot of the people featured in the earlier series weren't random people off the street either.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else watched Survivor?
im on series 7 Australia and would love a similar uk version.
contestants compete in teams then as individuals to win a big cash prize.
it’s set on Fiji with the focus on mainly physical tasks and contestants scheme to vote out a team member at a time if they lose an immunity task.
When it gets down to two left they have to make a pitch to the other losers as to why they should win.

Celeb version is what killed it off.
The celeb versions on channel 5 were what kept the series going on for so long after it’s end on Channel 4. And though they generally handled the civilian series appallingly, C5 produced way better CBBs than C4 did

it’s set on Fiji with the focus on mainly physical tasks and contestants scheme to vote out a team member at a time if they lose an immunity task.
When it gets down to two left they have to make a pitch to the other losers as to why they should win.
Survivor UK aired on ITV against the first (or second?) series of BB and got poor ratings so it was scrapped.

The celeb versions on channel 5 were what kept the series going on for so long after it’s end on Channel 4. And though they generally handled the civilian series appallingly, C5 produced way better CBBs than C4 did
C5 let the celebs out to do interviews and let them get their hair and makeup done during it did they not?

I think they tried a UK version of that years ago and it was a massive flop