Big Brother Gossip #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
C5 let the celebs out to do interviews and let them get their hair and makeup done during it did they not?
Channel 4 let civilian contestants out on a day trip in London and lost all control by the end when the housemates broke into the camera runs and ran around backstagešŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
it would never be the same as the golden era bc tabloid culture etc has completely changed. most of the girls in there that wanted ~fame~ wanted to be glamour models and be in lads mags (which a lot of them did) or just get papped and rub shoulders with real celebs for the first year or so after. it didnt actually matter if the public liked them or not during their time on the show at all for them to be successful at that (think saskia) so they didnt have to change their personality. now its completely changed - to become a celebrity now you have to be well liked, develop a following etc. so people back then were fame hungry but it was in a different way - all they wanted to do was stay in the house as long as possible, not neccessarily make themselves look like a saint

Reactions: 6
SĆ³ did this mean they didnā€™t sleep there? How did this footage get out? I assume they didnā€™t broadcast this?
It says in the bottom corner ā€œlive from the houseā€ so assuming it was on the live feed but not sure why/if they showed it.

And it was done (probably, as I donā€™t remember the highlights episode the day after) so Big Brother could have a shot to end the highlight show of saying ā€œgoodnight finalistsā€ to all the housemates, which couldnā€™t have happened if they all went to bed at different times.

Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve recently started following a Big Brother fan account on TikTok and Iā€™d completely forgotten how unpleasant BB9 was until I saw a clip theyā€™d uploaded of Dennis spitting in Moā€™s face. They were all so awful with the exception of Rachel and maybe Darnell. Mario was a narcissistic fantasist, Mikey was a creepy weirdo who got away with it because he was blind, Luke was an obnoxious little tit stirring twit, Lisa was a vapid air head and Bex was utterly repulsive. There was Rex who was also narcissistic and obnoxious but cleverer than the rest of them, and oh god his awful girlfriend Nicole. Not forgetting Kat who would have her ā€˜heart brokenā€™ every Sunday night before nominations happened. Her surprise eviction in a dressing gown was hilarious,
I remember Darnell being horrible towards Sara (the Australian girl)

I remember Darnell being horrible towards Sara (the Australian girl)
I remember that. He clearly fancied her, she clearly did not fancy him, and that was the reason for his vileness towards her.

The series for the most vile behaviour are that one, series 6, series 15 with Helen Wood and that Celebrity Big Brother one with Perez and Katie Hopkins in it.

Reactions: 3
I liked Darnell until the whole Sara thing. He was very creepy around her.

The series with Helen Wood made me so angry.

I thought BB7 was a bad one as well. There used to be a video on YouTube called "Big Brother 7: Mean Girls" where someone had compiled clips of some of the bullying that went on in that series. The housemates' treatment of Shahbaz and Sam was shocking. Grace was vile. Nikki said some awful things too. There were other, more low-key things, like the treatment of Bonnie, which was uncomfortable to watch as well (I remember Lisa singling out Bonnie and Sezer, and saying she didn't like Bonnie because she was quiet. All the other housemates apart from Lea and Glyn, didn't seem consider Bonnie at all). Lea had issues too, she was very paranoid and clingy with Pete and Richard, and would often start crying and having outbursts when the attention wasn't on her.

i remember that video! seems like a lot of clips from the earlier seasons have been wiped from youtube. i remember someone made like a 50 minute video with all of craig (bb6)'s weirdness towards anthony at one point lol

Reactions: 3
Look how it all began. It was so simple. On day1 there was no live show with Davina, they all just got out of cars and walked into the house together!

Reactions: 11
Look how different the diary room was. At 14:30 in this clip, it was the big ā€œdramaticā€œ moment, where Nasty Nick is told heā€™s being kicked out.

It was so low-key! The voice of Big Brother in the diary room wasnā€™t even a thing yet.

• Heart
The celeb versions on channel 5 were what kept the series going on for so long after itā€™s end on Channel 4. And though they generally handled the civilian series appallingly, C5 produced way better CBBs than C4 did
The first normal series of channel 5 was quite good but it did go downhill. I think the format generally was just tired out though

Reactions: 1
Was it ch5 or ch4 that started letting z listers in the civilian show? That's when it lost its spark for me, I guess they did that because they knew they would start their own drama without the production team having to manipulate them for content šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Was it ch5 or ch4 that started letting z listers in the civilian show? That's when it lost its spark for me, I guess they did that because they knew they would start their own drama without the production team having to manipulate them for content šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I think they were both guilty of that. Ziggy from Northern Line was in BB8 and while I'd stopped watching by that point Zoe Birkett was in one of the C5 series.

Reactions: 2
I think they were both guilty of that. Ziggy from Northern Line was in BB8 and while I'd stopped watching by that point Zoe Birkett was in one of the C5 series.
I remember that about ziggy now, maybe he was the start of it? I'm sure in future shows they would have a handful of z listers in one show, would love to see it go back to basics but doubt that format would work in today's tv world.

Reactions: 1
I have just started re-watching BB5 and I don't see how the show would work today. They conversations they have and the way they are do honest about their views regardless of how they will be viewed, those conversations would never be aired on TV now for fear of backlash. It's a shame because it's interesting to watch, and probably does open up conversations that should be happening, but I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: 10
It will be an absolute disaster on ITV and just follow all the over constructed reality programmes. I think it needs to go back on C5 .

I have just started re-watching BB5 and I don't see how the show would work today. They conversations they have and the way they are do honest about their views regardless of how they will be viewed, those conversations would never be aired on TV now for fear of backlash. It's a shame because it's interesting to watch, and probably does open up conversations that should be happening, but I just don't see it happening.
I remember Kitten going mental for absolutely no reason and basically arguing with herself lol

• Haha
I rewatched BB6 not that long ago and you wouldn't get away with it now. It was racist AF

Reactions: 2