Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Pete did it for likes. Maybe he wanted more publicity to raise funds for her treatment. he’s never come across as someone that needed attention.

Her passing is so so sad. All evening I’ve found myself thinking about her 😢💔
I think it was a telling photo - this is the truth of the disease. She did actually try to get better and some of the pics with her and Imogen show her happier with her situation and not covering herself up to create an illusion of weight gain. It must be very difficult at 38 to see your friends married and having kids knowing that isn't going to happen for you if that was your dream. Whatever. She bought a lot of joy to BB with her quirkiness and I hope her legacy is more research into this terrible disease. RIP Nikki 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was thought Pete took terrible advantage of her and manipulated her terribly to increase his chances of winning. I was though one of the few people who couldn’t stand him in that series or so it felt at the time, one of BB’s biggest game players in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
38 is so young :( what a shame

I can’t remember if I read it in her book or somewhere else but he treated her pretty badly after BB if I recall, so it’s nice to see that they reconciled.
I seem to remember an interview with her in Heat magazine. She had travelled down to Brighton to be with him (and do a shoot I think) and he just totally abandoned her with his friends and she felt completely out of her depth. I think it was also revealed that he’d been in a relationship with Cherry for a while or something? I’ve said before, I’ve met him a few times in Brighton (once when he was working as a kitchen Porter) and he was lovely but I do think he treated Nikki badly initially.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t mean to be awful but starving yourself to death effectively is suicide isn’t it? I don’t think they mean it in the “classic” sense. It’s a mental illness that is quite unique in that it is also physical and sometimes causes death

Reactions: 1
I don’t mean to be awful but starving yourself to death effectively is suicide isn’t it? I don’t think they mean it in the “classic” sense. It’s a mental illness that is quite unique in that it is also physical and sometimes causes death
no I don’t think of anorexia as suicide. It’s more complex than just ‘starving to death’ and the desired result for people with anorexia isn’t usually to die although I think the disease does result in people committing suicide due to the torment it causes.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I was thought Pete took terrible advantage of her and manipulated her terribly to increase his chances of winning. I was though one of the few people who couldn’t stand him in that series or so it felt at the time, one of BB’s biggest game players in my opinion.
I didn't like him at all he was very fake.

Reactions: 3
I had to do a " mental health first aid" course for work and it was also attended by NHS and local government social workers, I am neither. The session dedicated to self harm classified anorexia as an example of self harm which had never occurred to me before. The point was also made that nurses and doctors could be very harsh with self harmers when they present at A&E which caused a bit of a kick off.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I made the mistake of looking at the photos...Jesus. that poor girl.

Does anyone remember the series with a blonde girl who had a relationship with a guy..they played around each other and there was a real will they / won't they thing going on..l think she said awful things about him in the diary room then they let him out for a week or similar and he saw these things..another house mate was quite into him too? I guess it was quite early on as l haven't watched it for years.

I made the mistake of looking at the photos...Jesus. that poor girl.

Does anyone remember the series with a blonde girl who had a relationship with a guy..they played around each other and there was a real will they / won't they thing going on..l think she said awful things about him in the diary room then they let him out for a week or similar and he saw these things..another house mate was quite into him too? I guess it was quite early on as l haven't watched it for years.
was that Chanel and ziggy ?

I remember Dawn. When Nikki had her first meltdown over the bottled water, she was the housemate who calmed her down and sat with her in the diary room. The suddenly she was removed from the house because they claimed she’d been passing messages to the outside world, but in all honesty she wasn’t the first to do that, and no one could communicate back with her so I don’t know why they removed her? I think she took legal advice and then the show launched a hate campaign against her with Davina calling her a ‘whinger’ at every opportunity. Weeks after she left this continued, it was really unpleasant. Actually there were a few occasions where Davina acted unprofessionally and acted like a playground bully thinking back.
Thats awful but sooo believable. Sometimes people are selected PURELY for vunerabilities. Look at that recent news of ANTM the lady who spoke out there about the inside issues....then contestants come forward... and you see they select these contestants who have often deep issues and insecurities... its like it becomes easier to manipulate them to perform as you want..
You want tears... you remind them of a personal issue/trauma
Its very sad its not isolated when you look at reality show deaths; mental breakdowns etc... pressurised.
Its easy to prey on rhe vunerable and they get the promises of fame, wealth, glam lifestyle so long as you play the game. ..someone is always the scapegoat etc..

you hear often its all fake. orchestrated...

I hope how they select contestants for reality shows has changed... mental health assesments and coaching is essential.

As for Nikki gosh I loved her on BB and shw seemed healthly and happy on there back then... she even did big brother Canada Im sure I saw that...

• Sad
From what I remember Ziggy was a complete wet blanket and Chanelle just used to scream a lot. Don't think they even lasted the house lol
Yeah, he actually said “it’s not you, it’s me” as he broke up with her in the house. Classic moment!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I felt sorry for Dawn, Shahbaz and Bonnie (and Glyn a bit) in the first few weeks of Nikki's series. They were the outcasts, and the others were like the "popular cool kids" and their followers.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
From what I remember Ziggy was a complete wet blanket and Chanelle just used to scream a lot. Don't think they even lasted the house lol
Yep that series had enough issues
Chanelle "I wanna go home" every 10 minutes. The entire romance between them was a total farce.
Live Feed Carole just spent the entire time making sure she ruined everything. Moaning non stop
complete control of the kitchen and guilt trips on everyone.

lesley brain was the only one who could stand up to her but even she had enough and left.

Reactions: 6
I felt sorry for Dawn, Shahbaz and Bonnie (and Glyn a bit) in the first few weeks of Nikki's series. They were the outcasts, and the others were like the "popular cool kids" and their followers.
I remember it went that way in a lot of the series. The divide was often apparent quite quickly. It was only weeks later they'd be forced to merge as they'd all been voting each side out.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.