Big Brother 2023 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you remember when was the Cameron and Goss era? Will never forget the boredom. Best year was Nadia’s win.
The Cameron series killed Big Brother as a social experiment. Too many normal, rational people. After that, it was total crackpots!!!

Reactions: 4
Olivia looks a bit like Evelyn from this years mafs USA who's half Asian

Reactions: 1
Hi all, well its back, sorry I havent read the full thread so these may be observations others have already made…

- AJ and Will not working together for me but individually (on late and live) they seem to come into their own more, I think there’s almost a bit of tension from having to divvy up lines on the fly and things, it’s a bit like when you’re doing a presentation in work or school with someone you don’t know very well or you haven’t pre agreed who says what. I was at the filming of the launch andyou could really tell how nervous they were, sooo much that was filmed got cut. Wonder if they should have given the main show to one and the L&L to the other.

- on the subject of that, some of the creative choices haven’t worked for me. The not-live launch felt very rushed, hate the remixed theme tune and the tacky looking graphics and eye (well better on C4 when they were sort of glitchy and ominous), the music at the start of episodes/after ad breaks is very tacky and Love Island. And the voice of Big Brother now being sarky, speaking in first person (and randomly echoey???) is doing my tits in. Not sure how a housemate is expected to have a serious/sad conversation with it. Bring back the various male and female voices.

- the cast shows some promise, coming out of the recording of the launch I was very underwhelmed as they seemed TOO nice, they’ve come into their own a little bit in the first few days but I still don’t see any real drama on the horizon, even the likes of Olivia is just a hothead I think rather than actually manipulative or a game player, I suppose you just cant have Graces or Nikkis in reality TV today which makes it all very neutered.

- as an aside, love the diversity but they would be better off just letting things happen a bit more naturallyrather than engineering “talking points”,the fact the men’s mental health conversation occurred On men’s mental health day today wasn’t lost on me..

…but despite all my moaning, it’s very watchable and I find myself glued to it when watching. I think the happy harmonious house is nice to watch for now but I’m hoping a bit more conflict is generated as we go along, at the moment it feels a bit like a CBBC Interpretation of Big Brother.

Reactions: 17
Wasn't going to watch it but here I am.
Now I know where Olivia works it turns out I've kinda met her. Took my car for a new tyre and walked to a local cafe/takeaway to wait. My hubby remembers me saying the food was good but the lassie that served me was an absolute miserable cow. Tried to engage but nothing was cheering up her day, the only time she brightened was when a guy came in that she seemed to know as a regular (and was good looking).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wonder if they'll have the live evictions with the crowd booing their least fave and cheering for others etc. Bet they wouldn't want the boos these days just in case someone got upset. Loved seeing the look on the bad apples faces who'd thought their tit didn't stink all week and then hearing everyone boo 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wonder if they'll have the live evictions with the crowd booing their least fave and cheering for others etc. Bet they wouldn't want the boos these days just in case someone got upset. Loved seeing the look on the bad apples faces who'd thought their tit didn't stink all week and then hearing everyone boo 🤣
We were told not to boo anyone at launch night but there are live evictions with crowds coming up and i have heard the rules are a bit more relaxed there.. still don’t ever think you’ll have another “get grace out” moment

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We were told not to boo anyone at launch night but there are live evictions with crowds coming up and i have heard the rules are a bit more relaxed there.. still don’t ever think you’ll have another “get grace out” moment
I know it's CBB but my favourite will always be Ryan's vindication when he heard how hard the crowd went with the boos and chants for Roxanne.

But yes the Grace moment was wild.

Reactions: 20
I found the way she worded her questions really crass, so I don't think there was anything particularly progressive about that conversation. It felt intrusive to ask what genitalia she has after three days.
she must not have been in the room when Hallie said she was going to get herself a designer vagina, if she wins. that was already discussed.

I did think Farida could have asked in a different way, or maybe not asked at all. Hallie did answer her respectfully, she didn’t make a scene of it. But I don’t blame her for having a little rant to other people about it. I mean we all do that 🤣

im enjoying it way more than I thought so far. I absolutely love Yinrun. you can tell she is genuinely kind person. I felt a bit sorry for her when Olivia was shouting at her about not saying sorry. The fact it’s also in a thick Scottish accent must have made it harder to understand too.
---
For me it's nothing to do with maintaining a taboo and everything to do with trying not to make Hallie feel like an "other" in front of the rest of the house. Hallie was clearly uncomfortable and just said she found it frustrating.
you put it so well! i think if you have a really personal question for Hallie, maybe ask it when it’s just the two of you. It does single her out and amplify her differences to do it in front of everyone so suddenly. I don’t think Farida had malicious intentions at all but I think she needs to think about the sensitivity of the questions and pick better times to ask

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm hoping this BB voice/games turn into something more unfriendly, it all seems a bit childish at the moment, he does sound a little twisted/evil so hopefully it's just a build up to some shocker twists 🤡 🤔

Reactions: 7
Hi all, well its back, sorry I havent read the full thread so these may be observations others have already made…

- AJ and Will not working together for me but individually (on late and live) they seem to come into their own more, I think there’s almost a bit of tension from having to divvy up lines on the fly and things, it’s a bit like when you’re doing a presentation in work or school with someone you don’t know very well or you haven’t pre agreed who says what.
When they had the psychologist on, trying to explain the inner workings of the mind to AJ, I'm afraid it really highlighted how thick as mince she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love the get Grace out. That whole series is on Youtube

I remember getting super stoned during that ep and was lying in bed with my head whirling, all I could hear was ‘get grace out’ 🤣🤣

I fell asleep half way through last nights so going to watch again this afternoon!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I actually really like the two posh blokes. Didn’t think I would as one is an out and proud Tory, but there you go. Just shows you should never judge people on first impressions. Also, Zak sounds like one of the Gallagher brothers when he speaks. Proper Mancunian. You’d never guess he wasn’t actually born and bread there.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.