Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you!

Reactions: 3
I used my Nuface for the first time today and I really like it, it felt a lot easier to use than the Ziip. There’s not a huge amount in it but I didn’t like having to follow the app with the Ziip, it always got out of sync and because you needed to follow the video every time I got really bored with it. But may go back and try it again sometime.

A question though...what setting do you put the Nuface on? I had it on 3 and couldn’t feel anything, not sure if that’s good or bad as I’ve read conflicting stuff. Put it up to 5 and that was a bit more prickly (think I had a good amount of gel) and I got the metallic taste. Should I be working up to a 5?

Think I can see a slight difference but I know it’s cumulative too so just going to try and stick with it and hope I’ll reap the benefits in 20 years time!

Your skin (and you) are beautiful xx

I've always - well, perhaps after the first time - used it on the top setting. But I only use the Nuface on my lower face and neck whereas I think the forehead can be a bit more prickly. I'd say use it on the highest setting that is comfortable for that part of the face - so maybe 5 on the lower face and 3 on the forehead. People say that they get quicker/more noticeable results on the forehead/eyebrow area so maybe that evens out.

If I find it gets a bit prickly towards the outer areas - by the hairline - a bit more gel solves the problem.

Good luck with it. I've been using mine for over two years now and would replace it immediately if it stopped working.

I am the same! I’ve got a massive wish list but can’t afford any of it....very tempted by the Luna!

Reactions: 4
Thank you, I will use it again today, I think it was more prickly on the forehead but was a bit tingly on my cheek on the highest setting. It might take me some time to work out what’s best, I just don’t want to be doing the wrong thing with it. I’m sure I read somewhere that twitching or prickling can mean you’re using too much current which can be counterproductive but I can’t find where I read that now. Also don’t want to be using it too low and it’s doing nothing. Really pleased to have it now though and have started!

I may be a wimp as I normally go for the first or second nu face setting. I use it with face moisturiser rather than the gel, so maybe that affects my sensitivity? I just can't be arsed with the gels.

Reactions: 1
@mindlessness I slather aloe Vera gel on quite thickly so I definitely think that helps with sensitivity
I used the gel it came with yesterday and my skin has been feeling really soft since! I bought an extra bottle of it when I ordered the Nuface but I will try the aloe vera too

@Badabing101 I think its the texture for me? I don't like gel formulas. Should just deal with it though, the tube is sitting almost untouched in my medicine cabinet so I should at least use it up!

I don’t think I’ll buy anything else for a while as I want to get into a routine now with what I’ve got but I think the next thing on my radar to look into is the Newa or any equivalent to it.

Just to let you all know - when I bought those extra masks from the Foreo site in the Easter sale using Amazon pay, the website said £30.38, but showed as $30.38 on the Amazon pay email and has gone through as £22.67 on my card statement

Reactions: 6
Ooh, and no extra charges for converting from a foreign currency?
Not that I can see. I’ve checked my card statement thoroughly and can’t see anything - I went back to when I bought the UFO as that was in a previous month and there’s nothing I can see. I can’t understand it?

They’ll probably catch up with me a whack me with a massive fine or something when they find out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.