Beyoncé - Renaissance

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love the fact that her cover of "Blackbird" uses Paul McCartney's original acoustic guitar part.

Reactions: 2
People are hating the ‘I raised that man’ line from Jolene aren’t they 😂
I don’t really think it’s that deep though, to me she’s saying he was immature and she made him to grow up? I know he was 30+ when they met but a lot of men are childish
Any thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People are hating the ‘I raised that man’ line from Jolene aren’t they 😂
I don’t really think it’s that deep though, to me she’s saying he was immature and she made him to grow up? I know he was 30+ when they met but a lot of men are childish
Any thoughts?
I read a theory that it’s actually about her mum’s perspective! People are also hating the whole lyric change because Jay Z already cheated on her. Can’t a woman have fun and cover Jolene anymore x

Reactions: 5
I read a theory that it’s actually about her mum’s perspective! People are also hating the whole lyric change because Jay Z already cheated on her. Can’t a woman have fun and cover Jolene anymore x
That makes sense ‘momma Louisiana’ ‘I’m a creole banjee witch from Louisianne’

Reactions: 2
Love this girl’s confidence, Beyoncé is probably thinking ah tit here we go, this is why I don’t meet fans 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Beyoncé looks way more awkward in that video than the fan does. I like Beyoncé but she never comes across “cool” unless it’s been planned and choreographed. She never seems relaxed or at ease with herself. Plenty of other singers would have danced along with the fan or at least seemed to be having fun.

I am a fan of her but not like the ones who are obsessed and she can never do any wrong.

And her version of Jolene… No.
The original sounds fresher!

Reactions: 8
I love Beyonce but this is honestly unacceptable. My vinyl arrives yesterday, sans 5 tracks and I’m annoyed. Also says the inserts would be printed images but they’re just paper. If there’s no refunds (ngl, feel like I shouldn’t have to send it back and I have to pay for it myself..) I’m going to try a chargeback as I paid on my credit card

• Angry

Yel

That look she gives, was it a come help me? :LOL:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 08.39.33.png

I wonder if she ever gets annoyed that being an amazing singer and performer who looks amazing isn't enough. So she has a huge team to help embellish her public personality and a history of borrowing her "original" stuff from other artists.

I heard someone say once "I'm convinced that Beyonce is no longer a person, it's a conglomerate" which sums up my thoughts.

Anyway it's a great album, just like the latest iPhone is a great phone.

Beyoncé looks way more awkward in that video than the fan does. I like Beyoncé but she never comes across “cool” unless it’s been planned and choreographed. She never seems relaxed or at ease with herself. Plenty of other singers would have danced along with the fan or at least seemed to be having fun.

I am a fan of her but not like the ones who are obsessed and she can never do any wrong.

And her version of Jolene… No.
The original sounds fresher!
I get what you mean, I think part of it must be the pressure of her level of fame. I know we’re all different when we’re younger, but in the Destiny’s Child days, she was so funny, relaxed and goofy in interviews, I hope that side of her is still there.

Reactions: 4

Yel

I love Beyonce but this is honestly unacceptable. My vinyl arrives yesterday, sans 5 tracks and I’m annoyed. Also says the inserts would be printed images but they’re just paper. If there’s no refunds (ngl, feel like I shouldn’t have to send it back and I have to pay for it myself..) I’m going to try a chargeback as I paid on my credit card
That version will probably end up being more valuable, unless they still have millions in warehouses they pressed and are trying to offload.

Reactions: 3
I get what you mean, I think part of it must be the pressure of her level of fame. I know we’re all different when we’re younger, but in the Destiny’s Child days, she was so funny, relaxed and goofy in interviews, I hope that side of her is still there.
I felt like she shows a lot of herself on tour, and I agree she does seem goofy haha. I would love to see more of her alongside the music as well, but I suppose she did the “press” part of the job for years, and she’s obviously found a happy balance between private and public life. Wonder what it would be like if she didn’t fire her dad as her manager all those years ago, that’s when she stopped doing press really
---
That version will probably end up being more valuable, unless they still have millions in warehouses they pressed and are trying to offload.
I know but I just want my two favourite songs on the vinyl instead 😂 I wonder if they’ll say something or if silence is gonna be the way forward. Major blunder imo

Reactions: 1
Her version of Jolene is pathetic, sorry, she changed the lyrics and the meaning of the original song for no reason, nobody wants her ugly ass husband ffs.

Reactions: 9
Comment from under The Guardian’s Facebook post. She does actually play piano, but since when is her voice not an instrument? The main part of being a SINGER?
Her version of Jolene is pathetic, sorry, she changed the lyrics and the meaning of the original song for no reason, nobody wants her ugly ass husband ffs.
It’s not about her, it’s from the perspective of her mum. Her dad was a serial cheater

Attachments

Comment from under The Guardian’s Facebook post. She does actually play piano, but since when is her voice not an instrument? The main part of being a SINGER?

It’s not about her, it’s from the perspective of her mum. Her dad was a serial cheater
And yet Taylor Swift sings, writes her songs, plays the guitar and piano and still isn’t considered a proper artist.

Reactions: 3
Love that only Dolly is credited with writing Beyoncé’s version of Jolene, she obviously didn’t write those lyrics but the thought of Dolly writing ‘I’m a Creole banjee witch’ makes me laugh

• Haha
And yet Taylor Swift sings, writes her songs, plays the guitar and piano and still isn’t considered a proper artist.
In some ways I do agree but I think Taylor has a lot of respect from the industry honestly. Beyoncé has always said she’s a singer and performer

Reactions: 1