Betterlifeforme8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait until someone tells her you have to reinstate all the FODMAP foods…
Nearly all FODmap avoid foods are healthy anyway.
She's not going to be saving many calories avoiding these (if she is even sticking to it).
Her 'leaky gut' is probably gall bladder problems brought on from being obese and having a high fat diet.
Something she should see a doctor for.
Screenshot_20220714-204555_Google.jpg

Reactions: 1
Nearly all FODmap avoid foods are healthy anyway.
She's not going to be saving many calories avoiding these (if she is even sticking to it).
Her 'leaky gut' is probably gall bladder problems brought on from being obese and having a high fat diet.
Something she should see a doctor for.
View attachment 1417311
I was more thinking, if she thought it was some magic cure all! I have coeliac disease and IBS so FODMAP is my friend

I was more thinking, if she thought it was some magic cure all! I have coeliac disease and IBS so FODMAP is my friend
Oh yeah I agree she thinks it a cure all for what she has going on, at present time..in a few months she'll be slating it and saying she didn't lose weight etc so it's pointless
I don't doubt she has major bowel/stomach issues.
The problem is she maintains she is 'healthy'.
She refuses to see a GP (because she knows they'll say lose weight)
So now she is having issues she has used Dr Google to diagnose herself with something that is debated to even exist.
If Michelle truely wanted to get a grip on her weight and health she would go to her GP and get a referral to bariatric services. No doctor would refuse that referral.
Alternatively, as an alternative to the NHS route she could stop buying crystals and disney shite and put that money towards a personal trainer or physiotherapy to get walking again.
This won't happen though because michelle would rather sit in her bed or armchair, bask in the attention starting a new fad diet (i know fodmap is not a fad diet but she's using it like one) will temporarily give her then whine nothing works and it's all her mums fault for taking her to WW at 11.

Reactions: 2
Oh yeah I agree she thinks it a cure all for what she has going on, at present time..in a few months she'll be slating it and saying she didn't lose weight etc so it's pointless
I don't doubt she has major bowel/stomach issues.
The problem is she maintains she is 'healthy'.
She refuses to see a GP (because she knows they'll say lose weight)
So now she is having issues she has used Dr Google to diagnose herself with something that is debated to even exist.
If Michelle truely wanted to get a grip on her weight and health she would go to her GP and get a referral to bariatric services. No doctor would refuse that referral.
Alternatively, as an alternative to the NHS route she could stop buying crystals and disney shite and put that money towards a personal trainer or physiotherapy to get walking again.
This won't happen though because michelle would rather sit in her bed or armchair, bask in the attention starting a new fad diet (i know fodmap is not a fad diet but she's using it like one) will temporarily give her then whine nothing works and it's all her mums fault for taking her to WW at 11.
I think above all those things she needs therapy. She obviously has serious issues with food and disordered eating, which she refuses to acknowledge. The sad thing is that with the money it costs for a Disney holiday you could do some therapy sessions privately.

• Heart
I think she's honestly way way beyond any diet. She needs bariatric surgery. I don't see how you can do it yourself at 37 stone.

Reactions: 3
I think above all those things she needs therapy. She obviously has serious issues with food and disordered eating, which she refuses to acknowledge. The sad thing is that with the money it costs for a Disney holiday you could do some therapy sessions privately.
I agree she needs therapy absolutely. I'm sure she has already said she gets telephone therapy from the NHS.
The problem is therapy will never work if the client has resistance to it.
Michelle will have ALOT of resistance. She can't stand opinions different to her own, claims she's healthy yet can't walk and keeps getting cellutitis. She says she doesn't even have disordered eating and eats healthily and normally.
If a therapist challenges these delusions it is not going to instantly flick a switch in michelle, she will argue back, make excuses and resist.

A good therapist will take time to get to the root of a clients resistance. This can take a very long time.

I don't think Michelle has the luxury of time. She's in her mid forties, over 37 stone and can't walk because of it.
She regularly gets infections and celluitis. If she gets sepsis its game over.
I think at this point the bariatric intervention is more important than therapy as she time isn't on her side as much as she claims she is physically healthy.

I agree she needs therapy absolutely. I'm sure she has already said she gets telephone therapy from the NHS.
The problem is therapy will never work if the client has resistance to it.
Michelle will have ALOT of resistance. She can't stand opinions different to her own, claims she's healthy yet can't walk and keeps getting cellutitis. She says she doesn't even have disordered eating and eats healthily and normally.
If a therapist challenges these delusions it is not going to instantly flick a switch in michelle, she will argue back, make excuses and resist.

A good therapist will take time to get to the root of a clients resistance. This can take a very long time.

I don't think Michelle has the luxury of time. She's in her mid forties, over 37 stone and can't walk because of it.
She regularly gets infections and celluitis. If she gets sepsis its game over.
I think at this point the bariatric intervention is more important than therapy as she time isn't on her side as much as she claims she is physically healthy.
Can they even do an operation on someone that unhealthy?

Can they even do an operation on someone that unhealthy?
Yeah. Basically if she can survive being put to sleep its a go.
She would be expected to diet while on a waiting list also and she would be put on a special pre surgery diet just before the operation to reduce her liver size.
I've heard a lot of weight management services are now giving patients saxenda before their operation to further increase weightloss prior to surgery.

Michelle won't do it though.
She says surgery seems too risky and she's scared of saxenda side effects.
She also says dieting doesn't work and its too painful to exercise, ruling out doing it naturally

I think part of her likes being the size she is, just sitting around all day while her husband does everything.
She said other day that as much as she would 'love' to lose weight, part of her thinks maybe its time to accept this is just the way she is.

It’s as though she just doesn’t want to help herself.
Instead of admitting that the problem is her, the problem is with everything else.

At my heaviest I was 22 stone and trust me, that felt like a massive mountain to climb so I can’t imagine how difficult it feels for her.

She needs to go down the surgery route…of course it’s scary. But surely it’s not as scary as eating yourself into an early grave.

• Heart
It’s as though she just doesn’t want to help herself.
Instead of admitting that the problem is her, the problem is with everything else.

At my heaviest I was 22 stone and trust me, that felt like a massive mountain to climb so I can’t imagine how difficult it feels for her.

She needs to go down the surgery route…of course it’s scary. But surely it’s not as scary as eating yourself into an early grave.
Completely agree she takes no ownership or responsibility for reaching, and staying, the weight she is.

Can I ask how you lost your weight?

There is collecting pins and there is hoarding pins.
Collecting pins normally would be buying one wherever you go. She bought 30 or so of them in one trip.
Same with the crystals how many lumps of quartz and jasper does one need?
Whatever properties the crystals are supposed to have to improve her life clearly aren't working

Just making sure I was in a calorie deficit and moving more.

I started doing 7k steps a day, which was a massive struggle at that weight. As the weight came off I became much more active.

I’ve lost roughly 8.5 stone now ( maybe a bit less as I’ve probably gained after surgery)

Completely agree she takes no ownership or responsibility for reaching, and staying, the weight she is.

Can I ask how you lost your weight?

I think she's honestly way way beyond any diet. She needs bariatric surgery. I don't see how you can do it yourself at 37 stone.
Yes you can , I started around the same weight 2 years ago and am now 14 stone less , you need to want to do it if you don at heart want that change then surgery isn’t right either.

just ghost watching the live shes doing

why would you book a cruise knowing you wont realisticly wont be able to do it? Ok maybe she had intentions of loosing weight but she has a lot to loose to walk around properly why not research scooter hire when you booked it as a back up plan why leave it till 2 months before and now be crying you cant do it

This heat is probably killing her, the size she is. Not that she would admit it
oh yeah im a big gal (not as big as her) and its killing me right off of course she wont admit it because to her her size isnt an issue and cba to do anything about it the whole cruise ship thing is a joke fancy booking a holiday and not knowing if you can get somthing which is so vital to get you around

oh yeah im a big gal (not as big as her) and its killing me right off of course she wont admit it because to her her size isnt an issue and cba to do anything about it the whole cruise ship thing is a joke fancy booking a holiday and not knowing if you can get somthing which is so vital to get you around
Same here. I’m a big girl and I’m feeling it. She has a good 17 stone on me, so god only knows how she is feeling