Bethanyfrancesca_

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She makes it so obvious she reads here with the things she puts out 🤣 Alright Beth, but the points we make here are valid and fair so 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

It is mad to me she would rather pay someone else’s mortgage/line their pocket than get on the property ladder herself. They clearly COULD afford to if they made an effort. She doesn’t spend on holidays, they’re doing Disney this year…that’s all. Hardly like they’re seeing the world and holidaying several times a year. She spends on fast fashion and junk food.

FAC8039A-B91E-4377-B731-B36A59F4F961.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Being a bit boring but I thought her partner was an accountant? Surely he’d not be advocating for renting all your life if you have other options?

Reactions: 6
She makes it so obvious she reads here with the things she puts out 🤣 Alright Beth, but the points we make here are valid and fair so 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

It is mad to me she would rather pay someone else’s mortgage/line their pocket than get on the property ladder herself. They clearly COULD afford to if they made an effort. She doesn’t spend on holidays, they’re doing Disney this year…that’s all. Hardly like they’re seeing the world and holidaying several times a year. She spends on fast fashion and junk food.

View attachment 1329353
I’d encourage anyone to try get on the ladder if they can! Houses prices are only going up and up.

Reactions: 7
I get the impression he's a bit under the thumb and does a lot of things for Beth he's not especially into. Granted, she doesn't show much of him.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1329353
I didn’t realise she rented, if you can afford it I (personally) don’t know why you wouldn’t as it’s just dead money

They make ££££ I just don’t think she’s willing to cut back and save! She doesn’t like not having it all in front of her!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Shell regret her attitude to not buying soon enough
Help to buy isn't going to be available for much longer and the housing market is insane right now and I can't see it getting any better.

Reactions: 3
I assumed there was some kind of credit issue holding them back from buying. I was in a similar situation when I was younger - stupid mistakes at 18/19 hanging about on my credit file until I was 25 meant even though we both earned a good wage, I couldn’t get a mortgage until they were gone.

It was really embarrassing to admit to and people always think it’s appropriate to be like ‘why don’t you just buy a house?’ …. Then I’d have to make up some reason because I couldn’t 😬 for this reason I never ask people if their going to buy soon etc as you never really know what’s going on.

I assumed Beth was in the same boat maybe with some credit issue in her early 20s?

Reactions: 9
I assumed there was some kind of credit issue holding them back from buying. I was in a similar situation when I was younger - stupid mistakes at 18/19 hanging about on my credit file until I was 25 meant even though we both earned a good wage, I couldn’t get a mortgage until they were gone.

It was really embarrassing to admit to and people always think it’s appropriate to be like ‘why don’t you just buy a house?’ …. Then I’d have to make up some reason because I couldn’t 😬 for this reason I never ask people if their going to buy soon etc as you never really know what’s going on.

I assumed Beth was in the same boat maybe with some credit issue in her early 20s?
I mean I think she did bash that credit card about ALOT. But my partner had credit issues when buying our house and we managed to get a mortgage.

Reactions: 4
I guess it’s possible they can’t get a mortgage for a credit reason, but I’m certain she said they wanted to buy when they moved from London. She has gone quiet on the buying a house subject though so perhaps they went to see someone and something was found that has changed things?

Having worked in mortgages, I really wish there was more education surrounding finances. I remember one person didn’t even realise that his car on PCP was a debt/credit agreement that affected his credit score and meant his mortgage kept rejecting until I got hold of his credit file and worked out the problem. Even things like paying council tax, water bills etc should be explained as I had lots of first time buyers who had no idea about that either.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I guess it’s possible they can’t get a mortgage for a credit reason, but I’m certain she said they wanted to buy when they moved from London. She has gone quiet on the buying a house subject though so perhaps they went to see someone and something was found that has changed things?

Having worked in mortgages, I really wish there was more education surrounding finances. I remember one person didn’t even realise that his car on PCP was a debt/credit agreement that affected his credit score and meant his mortgage kept rejecting until I got hold of his credit file and worked out the problem. Even things like paying council tax, water bills etc should be explained as I had lots of first time buyers who had no idea about that either.
I agree! I certainly didn’t know certain things would affect me getting a mortgage. Thankfully I was careful with my finances.

Reactions: 2
My sister and her fiancé are looking into getting a mortgage, but as they have loans for future and their cars, they can only get a mortgage about £190,000. Perhaps, Bethany is in a similar predicament. Maybe her credit score is trash.

Can you imagine being the one trying to approve her mortgage and looking at her finances 🤣 she goes shopping practically everyday! She probably looks unstable and she did have a credit card for many years.
I’m definitely not her biggest fan but maybe she is fine with renting 🤷🏻‍♀️ Saving for a deposit is daunting!

Reactions: 7
Can you imagine being the one trying to approve her mortgage and looking at her finances 🤣 she goes shopping practically everyday! She probably looks unstable and she did have a credit card for many years.
I’m definitely not her biggest fan but maybe she is fine with renting 🤷🏻‍♀️ Saving for a deposit is daunting!
Exactly this. She’s insufferable but let her do what she wants with her money. Some people don’t prioritise certain things that others do.

She mentioned ages ago where they lived now was expensive? From memory she lives in Warrington, I didn’t think it was that expensive/maybe they just can’t find somewhere in the specific area she wants to live as I think they’re quite happy so close to her family (which is fine but she could just say)

Reactions: 2
I think it’s the deposit that’s the issue not the mortgage. They both clearly earn decent money but spend so much they probably don’t have a massive amount saved up and have to pay for their wedding next year. She lives in a nice area of Warrington, I live near Chester so know it but don’t know if it’s fair to say where - the house she lives in is probably £350k so needing to have at least £35k saved up, plus the fees that come with buying, to get a similar house is what I imagine is difficult.

She really has no idea. She pairs that gucci bag with everything when it doesnt even go.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She really has no idea. She pairs that gucci bag with everything when it doesnt even go.
I only have one designer handbag which is a Mulberry - it is black and goes with pretty much everything. I just personally wouldn’t spend that much on something which clashes with so many clothes!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.