Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Like I understand that there will always be people who have more than others and you can’t expect anyone to adjust down their life style to make others feel comfortable. eg, if your parents put their holiday photos on Facebook, should they not do that just because others might not be able to afford a holiday? It’s no different. I have no problem with people talking about stuff they have bought etc.

What I didn’t like about her stories was ‘I have an above average salary but I work hard for my money’

So do those on a below average salary, Beth. The reality is working hard doesn’t actually come into it. It’s luck and privilege that got you where you are and yes, you have put in some work to get there but only because you have been given the opportunity to do so.

When you start acting like it’s because others don’t work as hard, you’re getting into the Molly Mae 24 hours territory and it makes you incredibly unlikeable.

It’s the ‘I deserve it’ mentality. So do many others, but they haven’t been as lucky.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

memoii11

VIP Member
So Bethany had a food delivery but then as some things were out of stock, she went to the supermarket anyway?! Either have the delivery and accept you didn't get everything, or go to the supermarket for it all. Took a slot from the vulnerable when she could've gone to the shop 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 22

Laur91

VIP Member
Shes such a knob commenting on MLM businesses..

Keep your shitty opinion to yourself. :mad:
Are you a girl boss by any chance? 😂 just kidding!

I totally agree with Beth on this one to be honest. MLM’s are corrupt and awful and the more people are aware of this then the less vulnerable people will be preyed on by them. They’re wolves in sheep’s clothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

JLXRD

VIP Member
Beth just turns everything into a brag. She had issues with her boiler but bragged it “wasn’t her problem” to fix because she rents. Not sure if it occurs to her she’d likely be saving hundreds per month with a mortgage so the boiler would pay for itself 🤷🏼‍♀️
I own my place but I actually quite like when people are honest about renting and normalise it etc. It is a perk that when something goes wrong you don’t have to stress about it like you do if you own! Not everyone will be able to save to buy a house in their whole life time!

I know someone said they were annoyed that she said she get it wasn’t an achievement to save for a home. In some regards I agree with her though.

There’s so much pressure on under 30s to feel like a failure if they don’t own their own home and it’s incredibly hard to save unless you are privileged enough to have parents who allow you to live at home rent free to do so.

If you’ve only managed to save a deposit because you had perks like that (like BroganTate for example) then I agree with Beth, it’s nothing to brag about really.

If you have managed to save whilst having to pay your way in life then you should be proud of yourself but at the end of the day, there’s people working incredibly hard who will just never be able to buy on their wage and the braggy #homeowners posts everyone puts on the gram these days make it feel that it’s something to be ashamed of tbh.

Sorry for the essay haha, I guess I’m saying I’m pleased to see her mentioning some perks to renting, people act like renting is a dirty word or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

chlosib

Chatty Member
I would love Beth to just tell us exactly what went down between her and Brogan, because so much of her content seems to reference Brogan.
Beth was better when she was just Beth - not Beth the influencer, or Beth the body positive queen, or Beth who is always making digs towards her ex bestie!
Whatever happened between those two really turned her sour, and I wonder whether her telling people would be cathartic and bring back the ‘old Beth’ or whether this self righteous attitude is going to persist forevermore.

Reactions: 17

Anagst

VIP Member
I think, tbf its more of a distraction technique of "guess where we're going", it seems very impulsive that they've booked the time off and booked the holiday within a few days of going through everything, and to be honest, I don't blame them. I know they've got the wedding booked and that to look forward to, but I think they've booked disney and she's making such a big deal of it, because she would most likely have been due to have their baby around the same time as they're going away. And while she's very open with it all, it's giving people something else to engage with her about instead of pity and second hand sadness about their loss.

eyeballs

VIP Member
She goes on for like 3 years about how body positive she is, and a poor girl struggling asks for a bit of advice and she goes off.
Fuck off with your 12 take aways a week Bethany.

I don’t see how asking someone how they’re so confident is offensive. She portrays herself online as body positive, so surely asking her how she maintains her confidence and tries to stay positive is a genuine question?

Reactions: 16

ouijaqueen

I used to like Beth until a few months ago she made a comment on her IG stories about future plans (I think someone asked what she plans to do in the future or something). She made a snotty comment that she doesn't think saving to buy a house is an achievement, because literally all you've done is save money. She's delusional. Literally paid off her credit card then started splashing out on designer bags and belts, stupid spot themed things for her house and getting her eyebrows laminated. She has a major issue with spending. I've had to move back in with my parents for two years, had barely any social life and been saving this entire time just to get my deposit for a house. It's been so hard, and to have someone fob it off like it's easy when she can't go one day without going the shop really grates me! (I'm wondering whether her initial comment was a jab at Brogan who owns her own home now..)

eyeballs

VIP Member
She has fast become everything I hate about influencers. She’s in such denial about it too. She’s a complete brogan Tate. Over-eating over-spending and deeply unhappy.

• Heart

hellogoodbyex

VIP Member
Honestly, Beth is the worst hypocrite when it comes to COVID guidance. I live about 10 minutes away from her in the Cheshire area. She’s been to 3 stores today looking for a dining table. One of which - housing units- is in Failsworth nearly 30 miles away, I shopped there when I bought my house. It’s going from
Cheshire into Greater Manchester, no real excuse when you are meant to be minimising travel in tier 3 areas and it’s not exactly essential to go and order a dining table which could either wait or be done online. She’s managed months without one. Just fed up of seeing people slate others and then break rules themselves.

Reactions: 15

reader87123

VIP Member
Like I understand that there will always be people who have more than others and you can’t expect anyone to adjust down their life style to make others feel comfortable. eg, if your parents put their holiday photos on Facebook, should they not do that just because others might not be able to afford a holiday? It’s no different. I have no problem with people talking about stuff they have bought etc.

What I didn’t like about her stories was ‘I have an above average salary but I work hard for my money’

So do those on a below average salary, Beth. The reality is working hard doesn’t actually come into it. It’s luck and privilege that got you where you are and yes, you have put in some work to get there but only because you have been given the opportunity to do so.

When you start acting like it’s because others don’t work as hard, you’re getting into the Molly Mae 24 hours territory and it makes you incredibly unlikeable.

It’s the ‘I deserve it’ mentality. So do many others, but they haven’t been as lucky.
🙌🏻 The insinuation that people on low salaries don't work hard is infuriating.

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Okay, I actually like Beth. But.........did she buy a Peloton and is now barely using it? Because GIRL.

Saying 'its too much pressure' or whatever the fuck. It's literally in the next room! I walk 35 minutes to my gym and train hard for a hour, 4 times a week. If I had spent money on a Peloton/other expensive bike you're damn right I would be using it. Just get on it for fucks sake woman!

I feel better now. If you read this Beth, I do like you but COME ON NOW.

ryvitaninja

Another not so subtle brag about how much she earns by mentioning nearly cleared off her loan.

I have no idea why they don’t save a bit of their money to buy a house for even just a year. She seems to spend money like water.

I discovered Beth through brogan tate and found her transparency quite refreshing, but now i realise she’s just as materialistic as brogan

• Heart

PrincessPeaxh

This post is so stupid… if you genuinely don’t care what people think then why are you so triggered by this question? Also why can’t she just take it for what it is and not take offence, surely she understands that in a society where value is placed on how you look, others may struggle to be happy and fat and want actual advice on how to move past it as she supposedly has?

She just reeks of someone who wants to come across as being so happy in themselves but clearly isn’t as needs to make a big fuss about someone slightly inferring she is fat and asking for tips on how to be both fat and happy…

View attachment 723414
This post of hers really bugged me. She’s trying to shame that poor person who asked the question. Clearly the person who asked DOES put value on their weight/how they feel about it and bloody Beth has gone and plastered it all over Instagram for some attention and made them feel like shit.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that your weight doesn’t define you whatsoever. But to this person it’s obviously something they want to change - and Beth has used it as a way to get likes and comments.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Does anyone else do a massive eye roll when she makes a big thing about Disney in California being her favourite and not WDW? I feel like it’s the Disney parks version of a ‘pick me’. Or like not liking something just because other people do, ‘knowing the song before it was cool’ type of thing.

Reactions: 14
I’m all for treating yourself, but £860 for a bag is madness. Especially when you have a wedding coming up… It’s not even that nice 😕

• Wow
Reactions: 14