Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seems to feel the need to post a food photo after every exercise photo. I guess maybe she thinks it'll stop the body positively crowd from coming for her?

Reactions: 5
Her obsessive mentioning of every bit of exercise she does is clearly an attempt to shield herself against accusations of (gasp!) dieting. It will be 'I wanted to be fit and strong, weight loss was a mere side effect which I was in no way pursuing. To be honest, it didn't even occur to me that I might lose weight'
jan.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
None of her trousers fit anymore yet she doesn’t mention this is because of the weight loss. Interesting.
CB11CA41-2E94-48EC-BAFC-1C71AEE52893.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There are so many reasons she could use for personal weight loss whilst still standing by her 'Live Fat Die Yum' mentality, whether it be health reasons (she has spoken about excessive hair growth before) so maybe as an attempt to control hormonal imbalances or conditions like PCOS, or it could be because some treatments (fertility etc) still operate within BMI scales whether we agree with them or not. But it is sososo strange that she is clearly doing it intentionally but just not mentioning anything and actively over-compensating and trying to cover her back? Makes me more uncomfortable than her just admitting it.

I believe that she won't admit it as it will mean she is resigning from the only niche of her mediocre writing and book deals etc

Reactions: 7
I really would like to know what dress size she is now.
I know she’s pretty good at her angles but she honestly looks to be approaching - if not already in - midsize territory. And we all know the FA movement isn’t massively keen on midsized people who say they’re fat/plus sized.

Reactions: 6
I really would like to know what dress size she is now.
I know she’s pretty good at her angles but she honestly looks to be approaching - if not already in - midsize territory. And we all know the FA movement isn’t massively keen on midsized people who say they’re fat/plus sized.
She looks a 16-18 to me. In the past she was a 22.

Reactions: 2
Well all I can is fair f**ks to her, I detest spinning and she's really obviously enjoying it. And she looks great. I will say tho she has lost her self proclaimed USP and it will be interesting to see how her career path goes now

Reactions: 5
Well all I can is fair f**ks to her, I detest spinning and she's really obviously enjoying it. And she looks great. I will say tho she has lost her self proclaimed USP and it will be interesting to see how her career path goes now
The thing is *she* was the oftentimes somewhat unhinged gatekeeper to the UK Twitter fat positive (or body neutrality? Genuinely sorry if wrong not remotely intended in a bigoted way!) movement so she’s gotta turf herself out the club cos none of her fans/pals will.

I think fair play to her tbh. Nothing wrong with being bigger or smaller, but you can’t deny a lot of her peers especially the influencers who’ve got no reason to ever leave the house or tbh even bed have gained significant weight the last few years and are now complaining of ill health or bad MH or just look grey. And I say that as someone who truly believes you can be fit and healthy and bigger, but there’s clearly a line which this set have always vehemently denied. But yet here we are and she’s the only one of that set thriving/glowing and not looking like they’ve been dug up at the start of an episode of CSI Las Vegas.

Reactions: 10
I searched her tweets to see some of her tit takes about weight loss and nothing came up. But when I just searched bethanyrutter and weight a whole load of replies to her now deleted tweets came up.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I searched her tweets to see some of her tit takes about weight loss and nothing came up. But when I just searched bethanyrutter and weight a whole load of replies to her now deleted tweets came up.
Do you follow her on Twitter? It’s so odd to me that her Twitter account is private.

Reactions: 1
Do you follow her on Twitter? It’s so odd to me that her Twitter account is private.
Yeah I do. Maybe her mass delete of everything related to fatness is why? She's even deleted tweets relating to plus size fashion. And this photo of her as a baby.
Screenshot_20230318-211353.png

---
Words that have no results in her tweets:
Fatphobia
Plus
Weight
Loss
Size
Chub (🤢 but I remember her using it a lot)

There is one result for the word 'fat', which is her complaining about actors wearing fat suits a few days ago.

The vast majority of people who follow her, who read her books, who bought her crappy earrings, are there because she marketed herself as a plus size influencer. In ordinary circumstances I'd say that nobody owes anyone an explanation for the reasons they make changes to their body but in this case I think she does.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.