Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is probably losing weight due to health reasons, but can never say that out loud or risk drawing the wrath of the fat "positive" loudmouths on social media. Such utterly toxic activism.

Reactions: 4
She is probably losing weight due to health reasons, but can never say that out loud or risk drawing the wrath of the fat "positive" loudmouths on social media. Such utterly toxic activism.
💯 but she is one of the most toxic for this type of behaviour 🤣 she blocks and vague tweets about any fat person that dares to lose weight / take steps to lose weight.

She’s definitely lost weight.

7C0948A1-C5B1-4E5E-ABC4-F93BE1545FBF.jpeg
67D8B579-2A9A-4B97-BB61-3C12BF89C916.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm pleased others have mentioned it because I wasn't sure if I was seeing correctly or not but it's clear that she has lost a significant amount of weight. The article about her donut tattoo where she says something about her probably always being fat was clearly incorrect. All of the 'I never thought I'd be able to do something like this' about exercise and the humble brags about how much she has done, absolutely screams 'good fatty' behaviour, I think she's aware of that, so tries to balance it out with posting about getting food at the end of it all 🤷‍♀️

Mind boggling that she just isn't mentioning anything to do with the effect that all of the exercise has clearly had on her body. Even if she doesn't weigh herself, she must be able to tell by clothes and photographs.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She is exercising even on holiday which indicates to me she has been told/realised she needs to sr the very least become fitter for the sake of her health. Maybe it’s naive for me to say this but I can’t see any other reason she’d be in the gym on holiday.

Reactions: 1
She is exercising even on holiday which indicates to me she has been told/realised she needs to sr the very least become fitter for the sake of her health. Maybe it’s naive for me to say this but I can’t see any other reason she’d be in the gym on holiday.
Just playing devil’s advocate but a lot of apps/the Apple Watch and I assume other devices like it have streaks and monthly/annual challenges you wouldn’t want to forego for the sake of a holiday that would motivate you to pop into the gym on holiday without a diagnosis of doom.

Reactions: 2
Just playing devil’s advocate but a lot of apps/the Apple Watch and I assume other devices like it have streaks and monthly/annual challenges you wouldn’t want to forego for the sake of a holiday that would motivate you to pop into the gym on holiday without a diagnosis of doom.
Also Ngl there is duck all to do on a cruise ship, especially when you’ve admitted you don’t like cruises 🤣

• Haha
Also Ngl there is duck all to do on a cruise ship, especially when you’ve admitted you don’t like cruises 🤣
And they’re expensive and catered towards the older clientele so their gym is gonna have weird expensive tit in it - once I’d stopped the endless vomiting seasickness gives u I’d be straight down there to be hooked up to whatever electrode pulsar anti aging devices that lot have access to 😂

• Haha
Good to see her podcast back again, they do recommend good books on there but I am literally rolling my eyes every time Alice refers to her greedy little gremlin hands grabbing for proofs or whatever. She just likes reading, she’s just like everyone else! And Bethany admitting that if a book gets a lot of hype she will just skip it is so condescending. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, she might miss something really great but because she hasn’t discovered it and started the hype herself, she won’t bother? These two think a lot of themselves and I would say outside of their little london literary circle, nobody knows who they are or cares about what they have to say. They’re like Pandora and Dolly, but the gremlin edition (they self identify as gremlins or goblins or whatever, I am not casting judgement on their looks)

Good to see her podcast back again, they do recommend good books on there but I am literally rolling my eyes every time Alice refers to her greedy little gremlin hands grabbing for proofs or whatever. She just likes reading, she’s just like everyone else! And Bethany admitting that if a book gets a lot of hype she will just skip it is so condescending. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face, she might miss something really great but because she hasn’t discovered it and started the hype herself, she won’t bother? These two think a lot of themselves and I would say outside of their little london literary circle, nobody knows who they are or cares about what they have to say. They’re like Pandora and Dolly, but the gremlin edition (they self identify as gremlins or goblins or whatever, I am not casting judgement on their looks)
This is ironic coming from Bethany, who writes the most commercial hyped-up fiction I've ever seen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I see that she has shared on her IG story that we need to become "organised and militant" in light of some of the terrible events of the past week. Find it ironic coming from her who seemingly has all the time and money in the world to saunter about doing exercise classes and eating in restaurants and yet never gets involved in organising or activism herself.

I see that she has shared on her IG story that we need to become "organised and militant" in light of some of the terrible events of the past week. Find it ironic coming from her who seemingly has all the time and money in the world to saunter about doing exercise classes and eating in restaurants and yet never gets involved in organising or activism herself.
Their idea of activism is sharing someone else's graphic on Instagram

She’s too busy strolling/stomping with pals for activism!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She’s too busy strolling/stomping with pals for activism!
Strolling in parks with pals, spin class, eating dumplings/donuts, going to the cinema mid afternoon. Think that covers it 😈😈😈

Reactions: 3
I understand she's trying to write books with fat representation and fat women just living their lives but it all feels so boring and redundant. Also I never see her reading commercial women's fiction (she seems a bit of a book snob to me) so feels like she's just churning these out for the sake of it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.