Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s clearly fine but just eating well / less and exercising more cos she’s running regularly now. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
it’s coming off because she’s super super active. It is her new fixation now she has time. It won’t fit with her brand for long

She looks so much better 🤷‍♀️ and must feel a lot better in herself.

I actually don’t know much about her personal life, but has she got a partner? Is she looking to either get pregnant or adopt? I only say that cos I know that Laura Jane Williams was told she had to lose weight to adopt.

But, lol that I’m even trying to find another reason for her losing weight other than it’s healthy and good for you.

She looks so much better 🤷‍♀️ and must feel a lot better in herself.

I actually don’t know much about her personal life, but has she got a partner? Is she looking to either get pregnant or adopt? I only say that cos I know that Laura Jane Williams was told she had to lose weight to adopt.

But, lol that I’m even trying to find another reason for her losing weight other than it’s healthy and good for you.
She is married and has been fairly vocal about not wanting children / being child free.

Reactions: 2
You can really see it, especially in her face. I agree it's most likely just a mix of being more active and eating well. She probably fills generally better too - stronger, fitter etc so more motivation to keep up the training.

Reactions: 1
I can predict the next book now: fat girl loses a significant amount of weight and is shocked by how society treats her differently.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh wow, she has lost a lot of weight. She's going to be very annoyed with herself when she finds out.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's lost a shitton of weight but can't make reference to it because of the corner she's backed herself into with her batshit brand of body positivity.

Reactions: 5
She’s so proud of her weight loss and constantly needs to show it off but because of her toxic body positivity she can’t actually acknowledge it

Reactions: 8
She’s so proud of her weight loss and constantly needs to show it off but because of her toxic body positivity she can’t actually acknowledge it
She would be utterly lambasted by the so-called "body positivity" terminally online crew if she dared to acknowledge it! Sooner or later she'll be accused of fatphobia for the sin of daring to lose weight in the first place. How very dare she.

• Haha
I think it’s best to be neutral around weight loss so if she’s happy with her body then that’s great/the only important thing but seriously what is she going to do wrt her brand ? Like if she ends up like a size 14/16 or something no way is she going to be able to keep calling herself a fat positivity activist/writing books about fat experiences etc cos she’ll be taking up space in the movement that doesn’t belong to her … so weird to me that she’s not acknowledging it but I guess she’s kind of trapped now.

Like, she is in a privileged position in many ways in that she has all the free time and money to exercise and go to the gym and classes and doesn’t have to fit it around caring responsibilities and can afford good quality food and stuff so maybe she’ll go down that route when she inevitably has to ‘come out’ as not fat any more. Unless she’s going to be a size 6 still pretending to be a ‘fat exercise enthusiast’…

I don't think being a size 14/16 would mean she can't be a fat positive exercise person any more, I am that size and I don't think I'm slim. But in the context of her previous size, maybe 🤷‍♀️

I don't think being a size 14/16 would mean she can't be a fat positive exercise person any more, I am that size and I don't think I'm slim. But in the context of her previous size, maybe 🤷‍♀️
I just mean this in the specific context of fat positivity. There’s a lot of debate within fat positivity though around like what size of person gets to talk about it or be prominent in the movement - ‘small fats’ (which I think usually starts at like size 18? Idk tbh) usually are seen as taking up too much space if they talk a lot about fat positivity and stuff cos on the whole they can shop in high street stores fairly easily, face less medical discrimination etc, than fatter ppl. I’m also around that size and wouldn’t say I’m slim (and also sometimes struggle with high street stores and have faced medical discrimination, but not to the point that I would be barred from adopting or left to die if I had covid at the height of the pandemic, to name some specific issues the fat posi movement protests) but also wouldn’t like make myself the face of the fat positivity movement in the way that Bethany previously has done (and certainly wouldn’t try to make money/build a career off it!). I’m not commenting one way or another about whether I agree with these arguments, just saying it’s the sort of discourse I’ve seen on twitter lol

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Off topic but I often think about that tv show she was on where she said one of her favourite snacks was a ball of mozzarella rolled in salt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Interesting how she no longer relies on what I can only assume was her husband taking a photo from an upstairs window for her outfit photos. Straight on mirror selfies these days.
---
I think it’s best to be neutral around weight loss so if she’s happy with her body then that’s great/the only important thing but seriously what is she going to do wrt her brand ? Like if she ends up like a size 14/16 or something no way is she going to be able to keep calling herself a fat positivity activist/writing books about fat experiences etc cos she’ll be taking up space in the movement that doesn’t belong to her … so weird to me that she’s not acknowledging it but I guess she’s kind of trapped now.
She'll enter her ~mid size influencer~ era. I bet her next novel will be about a size 14 woman who realises that she's got a lot of privilege compared to her size 28 friend. And because she can only write romances maybe they'll fall in love 🤷🏾‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.