Beth Sandland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too! I remember spending ages scrolling through her blog/insta to see if she mentioned who she was traveling with and never saw any acknowledgement. She could have really targeted an audience if she had said because I'm sure a lot of people would love to travel with their partner so it would have been nice to know the pros/cons etc of that travel company!
I did the same as I started following during her journey

She’s just started to make members pay for her book club too now. It’s ridiculous

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
She’s just started to make members pay for her book club too now. It’s ridiculous
This is what I can’t stand, she’s claiming it runs at a loss but what loss would that be? and only 10% is going to go to charity!

The only thing I can think of is loss of her time and zoom business membership. I’m part of book clubs who do meet ups in London with wine and snacks for free. And they’ve organised two zoom author meets since lockdown all with no charge so I don’t get it. She bills it as something different when it really isn’t. If everyone on the Facebook group has the £1 membership then that’s £10,000 a month. New members have to pay £5.99 a month I think and I just can’t see how that’s justified. I get people can just go elsewhere but it’s annoyingly that it’s even a thing.

Reactions: 6
The only thing I can think of is loss of her time and zoom business membership. I’m part of book clubs who do meet ups in London with wine and snacks for free. And they’ve organised two zoom author meets since lockdown all with no charge so I don’t get it. She bills it as something different when it really isn’t. If everyone on the Facebook group has the £1 membership then that’s £10,000 a month. New members have to pay £5.99 a month I think and I just can’t see how that’s justified. I get people can just go elsewhere but it’s annoyingly that it’s even a thing.
Instead of membership fees, I think it would be nicer if she did things like raffles every couple of months or so, to win a book voucher or a mug or something! Half the money could go toward (her very low book club) costs and the rest to a nominated charity.

Reactions: 2
She’s been complaining that she’s been working 80 hour weeks setting up the new and improved book club and has hired a member of staff to help. Forgive my ignorance but how hard can it actually be to set up an online book club?

Reactions: 5
She’s been complaining that she’s been working 80 hour weeks setting up the new and improved book club and has hired a member of staff to help. Forgive my ignorance but how hard can it actually be to set up an online book club?
It’s not, she just has to approve posts and come up with questions for books she selects, I’m sure she’s been changing the number of hours she’s been working, sure I saw 60 first

Reactions: 4
I like her but the paying to be a member of a bookclub when there are lots available free is ridiculous. Basically her travel and AD work has dried up and by charging her followers is the only way she can thing of to make a buck.

What do you get for your membership which you didn't get before for free?

Reactions: 3
You get the attached plus access to the fb group and two chats a month which is what it was before. You have to pay to have access to the group now but if you were already a member then you don’t have to pay but can still be on the group. The chats are questions posted as a photo and people discuss in comments.

I can understand wanting to get a bit of money for your time but I think the price point is way too high. Especially when you still have to pay to attend events.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Me too! I remember spending ages scrolling through her blog/insta to see if she mentioned who she was traveling with and never saw any acknowledgement. She could have really targeted an audience if she had said because I'm sure a lot of people would love to travel with their partner so it would have been nice to know the pros/cons etc of that travel company!
She slipped up a few times in blog posts and stories by saying 'we', and then just before she left she met up with a friend and he was in her stories. I follow a few actual solo travellers and it's very different - especially with budget and safety. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her travelling with a partner or not wanting to show him (I follow a few other instagram accounts like that), but she really made an effort to come across as a solo traveller.

Reactions: 7
I have met Beth a few times at Blogger events and she is not a nice person at all. Very very up herself and thinks a lot of herself. She spent her time sucking up to the bigger bloggers with huge followings and basically looked down on anyone with a lesser following than her. At one event my friend went over to her to say Hello as she really liked her and Beth just looked her up and down, rolled her eyes and walked off.

She was also called out for buying a load of followers a while back, she admitted it too but her excuse was everyone does so whats the big deal. She blew up quickly with her figures for a reason.

Its a shame as when she first started I thought she was quite cool, but she is in the 'Josie/Fashion Mumblr' type for me...the ones who are just purely money obsessed and couldn't care less about being genuine in any way, but will call others out for it. She acts like she always knows better. Total hypocrite.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I have met Beth a few times at Blogger events and she is not a nice person at all. Very very up herself and thinks a lot of herself. She spent her time sucking up to the bigger bloggers with huge followings and basically looked down on anyone with a lesser following than her. At one event my friend went over to her to say Hello as she really liked her and Beth just looked her up and down, rolled her eyes and walked off.

She was also called out for buying a load of followers a while back, she admitted it too but her excuse was everyone does so whats the big deal. She blew up quickly with her figures for a reason.

Its a shame as when she first started I thought she was quite cool, but she is in the 'Josie/Fashion Mumblr' type for me...the ones who are just purely money obsessed and couldn't care less about being genuine in any way, but will call others out for it. She acts like she always knows better. Total hypocrite.
I remember when her followers jumped massively when (I think it was) Lydia Millen shouted her out. It was maybe 2 years ago?

I’ve spoken to a few bloggers who say she’s rude at events, won’t give anyone the time of day. I don’t get that attitude at all!

• Wow
Reactions: 7

She comes across like she would be exactly like this!! Thinks she is relatable but who can travel and live on their own in london, someone must have bought her house for her? I used to rent in london for £2000 a month quite a good wage but had to move out of london because it was no longer affordable. It was so funny when all this lockdown started and she was moaning how she has no work etc but before she loved to flaunt how amazing her life was even though it was all paid for, knowing full well people would be jealous. Now she wants to rip people off with her stupid book club just to earn a buck!

Reactions: 5
Doesn’t she live in Wimbledon - imagine it would be expensive to live there. She put something on before about a piece of art or something for her office? So I’m wondering if she’s moving or she’s getting office premises

Reactions: 1
Doesn’t she live in Wimbledon - imagine it would be expensive to live there. She put something on before about a piece of art or something for her office? So I’m wondering if she’s moving or she’s getting office premises
Probs why she needed to start charging for the book club, mummy can’t pay for everything😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I have known Beth for a long time, way before she started blogging. Her fiance is actually her old history teacher from school, who was at least 30 when she was 16.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.