Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

candyfloss99

VIP Member
I’m actually starting to feel quite uncomfortable with how much he’s being hounded on social media now. Obviously none of us know whether he has actually left the country or why he didn’t appear in court.

At this stage it feels dangerously close to him being pushed to the point of feeling there’s no way out.
He left the country because he's guilty and refuses to take accountability for anything in his life. He could have been a man and apologised in court and got it over with. Instead he ran like the coward he is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10

stinkerella

Chatty Member
Comments online laughing at the ‘do not approach’ and taking the piss out of that are ANGERING me .. despite the fact he has brutally attacked two people but it’s more likely because the weak little man will run away again .. I really need to go back to my ‘don’t read the comments’ rule.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

SkinnerBells

Active member
There’s more detail from the paywalled Sydney Morning Herald in the Reddit link below. Utterly horrific. What a nasty, shitty piece of work he is. Where could he be holed up. Bastard. Poor , poor Gael:

Nathan has fled the country!!
Below Deck Med

I couldn't see another post about this. Just read that he didn't turn up to court and Police think he has fled the country. I am shocked that they didn't take away his passport as often happens when someone is granted bail for serious charges, especially when they have with ties overseas.
MODS I HAVE UPDATED THE TEXT BELOW BECAUSE THE ARTICLE WAS UPDATED.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...rt-issues-arrest-warrant-20260901-p60tch.html
Warning: Graphic content
A reality TV star choked his partner in front of their baby, covering her mouth until she could not breathe, then later fled Australia before she could give evidence against him in court.
Authorities only becoming aware of the disappearance of Below Deck Mediterranean’s Nathan Gallagher on Tuesday.
Below Deck Mediterranean star Nathan Gallagher has been convicted of domestic violence but fled Australia before his court date. He is now wanted for arrest under a warrant.Fred Jagueneau/Bravo via Getty Images
The 27-year-old is now facing arrest warrants in two countries after pulling the same vanishing act just a few years ago, a court has heard.
Gallagher was arrested two days after Christmas at a unit block in Sydney’s Melrose Park, after police were called following reports of an alleged assault.
A police fact sheet, released by the court on Tuesday, said Gallagher and his partner had drunk a bottle of wine before arguing on Boxing Day evening. He followed her into the bedroom and became violent while their baby was on the bed. This masthead has chosen not to identify the woman.
“During the argument, he used one hand to cover mouth and nose of victim. The victim tried to pull away but accused persisted and continued to cover her mouth, causing the victim to be unable to breathe at certain points,” the document reads.
“The accused continued to restrict the victim’s breathing by holding both hands over the victim’s mouth, and the victim has begun screaming, and the victim believes that the accused did not want her to be heard by neighbours.”
Gallagher held the woman on the ground and wrapped his arms and legs around her. He slapped her, lacerating the inside of her mouth and bruising her face, arms and legs in the ordeal.
Gallagher, 27, was already wanted in Ireland under another arrest warrant.Fred Jagueneau/Bravo via Getty Images
The woman fled with their child but Gallagher cornered her in the bathroom, put both hands around her neck, and tried to lift her.
Hours later he tried to start a second argument and the woman fled the home with the child.
Gallagher was taken to Gladesville Police Station where he was charged with the domestic violence offences of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, choking without consent and common assault.
Gallagher spent the night in the cells before being granted bail at Burwood Local Court on December 28.
He later told Rolling Stone magazine he wanted to tell his side of the story.
“I’m not claiming I was perfect. I wasn’t,” Gallagher said.
“I made mistakes and I will take responsibility for my own actions. But I will not accept being portrayed solely through one person’s account of a relationship when there is another side and evidence relating to it.”
Gallagher was expected to front the Burwood Local Court on Tuesday but prosecutors said he could not be located and they suspected he had fled the country.
Gallagher’s alleged victim attended court to give evidence, supported by friends.
Police prosecutors asked Judge Janine Lacy to convict Gallagher in his absence, which she did. Lacy also issued a warrant for his arrest.
“Given the serious nature of offences, and I note on the record I have been given documentation from immigration compliance operations division that he is currently overseas,” Lacy said.
“The defendant doesn’t have any prior criminal history but the offences are very serious, with significant maximum penalties and context of DV committed in the home.
“I record a conviction and issue a [arrest] warrant.”
NSW is now the second jurisdiction hunting Gallagher after he skipped his native Ireland following an alleged assault on a man.
Gallagher allegedly bashed a man on August 7, 2022, on the main street of Dungloe, in his home county Donegal.
The injured man was found in the early hours of the morning and taken to hospital. Gallagher failed to show up for court and a bench warrant was issued.
Two years later he surfaced as a deckhand on the Ionian Princess luxury yacht for Below Deck Mediterranean’s ninth season.
Gallagher last week pledged not to release private information through social media. Days before the hearing, fans noticed he had deleted his Instagram account entirely.
“I have kept the evidence and will deal with it through the appropriate channels,” Gallagher said in his statement to Rolling Stone.
“But I also don’t believe it is fair for one version of events to be presented publicly as though it is the complete story when there is evidence that may materially contradict or provide significant context to that account.”
If you or anyone you know needs support, you can contact the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service on 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732), Lifeline 131 114, or Beyond Blue 1300 224 636. You can reach Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 9

Offish

VIP Member
Gael had been isolated for months with a newborn, the only adult conversation she had was probably with Nathan moaning and moaning about Joe. I don't think it was right what she did, but she was in an abusive relationship and probably felt she needed to stand up for Nathan. You could really see Nathan's anger issues emerging in that scene.

It's probably hard enough for her to watch this season after everything that has happened without people abusing her over this. I hope she doesn't give bravo the time of day now, the least they could have done was cut her out of the rest of the season, but they care more about ratings and showing scripted arguments.
I’ve been thinking the same re Bravo pitting ratings above everything else. As if she needs a bunch of people (myself included in this I appreciate!) raking over and over her behaviour, picking fault and holes in everything she did at such an awful time of her life. Aesha has made a statement.
 

Attachments

  • Heart
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

CaptainHolt

VIP Member
He's the kind of person who believes he is in the right. In his mind he was reacting to something (alluded to in his AI statement) that Gael had done or said. So it wasn't his fault, he was provoked

In his eyes the whole of the BD-universe is wrongly against him.

He's lost access to his son.

He will likely never work in super-yachting again, with convictions behind him .

I can see him swirling the drain, self pity and seemingly no way out of the legal stuff.

I hope I'm wrong, obviously. He's a piece of shit but I don't wish anyone dead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I don’t condone any of Nathan’s behaviour, or what he’s done to Gael.
But she is a pain in the arse.
Politely making it through the entire crew dinner to then start chewing Joe out in the taxi, in-front of others is bullshit.
It’s his charter season, he’s working, it’s his crew mates, his time to chill out & blow off steam.
Whatever has gone on before, speak to him in private.
I get a lot of this has probably been orchestrated by production but she should never have been part of this season.
Nathan should’ve declined Below Deck, in light of a brand new baby & taken a job in Australia so Gael could’ve stayed home, with a support system around her.
The whole show is really starting to lose its appeal for me.
Watching toxic, problematic people & situations leaves me feeling ick 🥴
I'm not sure about this. She did sound like a pain in the ass but not all her fault. :ROFLMAO: Nathan has been feeding her lies and crap about Joe all season. There have been quite a few scenes of him sending her text messages. She is just going off that (plus their previous interactions of course, which were not great, but also instigated by Nathan). I am sure now she has watched this season, she would have a better idea about how toxic Nathan was with Joe. Early this season, remember Nathan threatened Joe on a night out after he mentioned Gael's name? He has massive anger issues, which we are all aware of now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
Winds me up she wasn't pulled up on it too!! She kept hush about it until Luke ended things so she threw him under the bus. If he carried on things with her he would probably still be on the boat, and no one would have known about it.
I’ve seen a lot of comments about “it’s not a woman’s job to clean up after a man” which I agree with to a point. In this case though, it’s literally her job. She was checking with Kat about whether or not the sheets had been done too so she was very aware.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

Lurkernomore

Chatty Member
The police would have intel, and he has contacts working on boats who would have helped him flee. Shame on those who have helped him, he should have been told no and made to face what he has done!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 9

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
I’m actually starting to feel quite uncomfortable with how much he’s being hounded on social media now. Obviously none of us know whether he has actually left the country or why he didn’t appear in court.

At this stage it feels dangerously close to him being pushed to the point of feeling there’s no way out.
I get where you are coming from, it’s his family that I feel sorry for. Even though he’s a pos he’s still their son/brother.
However maybe they should have made him face the consequences of his actions in Donegal for the previous incident there. Then it’s likely he would havw never been in Australia or in below deck.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

Magwitch

Chatty Member
I’m actually starting to feel quite uncomfortable with how much he’s being hounded on social media now. Obviously none of us know whether he has actually left the country or why he didn’t appear in court.

At this stage it feels dangerously close to him being pushed to the point of feeling there’s no way out.
It is uncomfortable but he should be more worried about the warrant out for his arrest than what people are saying on social media, and there is nobody to blame but himself for that.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Lurkernomore

Chatty Member
Gael had been isolated for months with a newborn, the only adult conversation she had was probably with Nathan moaning and moaning about Joe. I don't think it was right what she did, but she was in an abusive relationship and probably felt she needed to stand up for Nathan. You could really see Nathan's anger issues emerging in that scene.

It's probably hard enough for her to watch this season after everything that has happened without people abusing her over this. I hope she doesn't give bravo the time of day now, the least they could have done was cut her out of the rest of the season, but they care more about ratings and showing scripted arguments.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

cowtastrophe

VIP Member
I’ve got to say, if I’d been in that restaurant next to where all the squealing, jumping around and shouting was happening, I’d have been pissed off. They should have got a dedicated room!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9

candyfloss99

VIP Member
I can hardly watch the latest episodes knowing what a scumbag Nathan is. And I'm from Donegal, I'm actually embarrassed to be from the same county as such an angry little man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

Ugholhere

VIP Member
I get that Nathan is in the centre of drama this season, so can’t make him disappear completely but showing Gael and Nathan saying I love you on the phone is a bit much now
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8