Being Robbo #4 While chicken man's away, the tart comes out to play.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is it. If she was sooo into being a mum and appeared to visibly enjoy that role then whatever (still not a career), but she seems to have chosen this life because it enables her to do duck all while somebody else foots the bill. She’s constantly in new clothes while shoving her kid into conveniently sized hand me downs. She goes on about yay she’s a football widow because she can drink wine and do some online shopping, she’s not like ‘woohoo I get quality time with my children’. All of her insta shots are her sitting on the sofa watching the kids do something. Even the other day when Ivy kept hitting her in the face with a toy, she filmed it for Instagram while rolling her eyes and not engaging with her.

Same with how she can’t even drive- sure whatever if she was knocking about getting on buses and being independent, but she just sits in the passenger seat of CM’s beemer, waiting outside Wetherspoons and doesn’t go anywhere without him. She is literally in the passenger seat of his life. It’s like she’s a half person and all she can do is sit in the shadow of whichever man most recently impregnated her. Her life is really really sad.

I also wish somebody would take the bleeping boomerang feature away from her.
All of this.
I totally forgot about the inability to drive. Not driving in itself isn't the issue, but I don't know many (if any) "hands on" stay at home parents who don't drive. They drive because it gives them the ability to do things with the children they are staying at home with. The few I know who don't drive actively use public transport as a means to an end too.

She has no desire to drive, no desire to go out in public, no desire to do anything with her life.

Reactions: 9
What I don’t understand with the yellow sticker thing is .... if she went to aldi or Lidl etc, and not M&S she could actually get all the stuff she buys, cheaper than the yellow sticker and fresh! If you can’t afford to shop in M&S ... then don’t

Reactions: 7
What I don’t understand with the yellow sticker thing is .... if she went to aldi or Lidl etc, and not M&S she could actually get all the stuff she buys, cheaper than the yellow sticker and fresh! If you can’t afford to shop in M&S ... then don’t
Marksies usually do two packets of sausages for £5 anyway so she’s saved 36p?!

Reactions: 3
I didn’t realise she can’t drive. I’ve never seen her on a bus or a train anywhere. Whoever described her as being “in the passenger seat of life”, you are spot on.
I see the trips to the park have fizzled out. I knew it was only a matter of time. Now she’s back to slobbing on the sofa watching her kids lead a mediocre life. Poor Ivy hitting her with a doll trying to get attention. No Ivy, don’t you see? Robbo only interacts with you when Tattle tell her to.
For ivy’s sake: Robbo, please take the kids out for a picnic.

Reactions: 14
I never drove when my kids were little, it was a pain but I’d just put them in the double buggy and off we went. 4/5 days. We’d do one house day where we’d bake, do arts and crafts, play dress up. It’s such a cliched thing to say but the years really do fly by and she’ll have missed so much time.

Reactions: 9
Their telly is in a strange position in their bedroom, can they see it from their bed if it's at the side?

Reactions: 2
I didn’t realise she can’t drive. I’ve never seen her on a bus or a train anywhere. Whoever described her as being “in the passenger seat of life”, you are spot on.
I see the trips to the park have fizzled out. I knew it was only a matter of time. Now she’s back to slobbing on the sofa watching her kids lead a mediocre life. Poor Ivy hitting her with a doll trying to get attention. No Ivy, don’t you see? Robbo only interacts with you when Tattle tell her to.
For ivy’s sake: Robbo, please take the kids out for a picnic.
I thought she could drive she just don’t like too because chicken man had a “high powered car” 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m sorry, but I openly judge any parent who dresses their kids in tracksuits. Comfy leggings, elastics trousers, even sleepsuits... but tracksuits? I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 5
I’m sorry, but I openly judge any parent who dresses their kids in tracksuits. Comfy leggings, elastics trousers, even sleepsuits... but tracksuits? I just don’t get it.
😂 really?? Theyre loads comfier for them when theyre out playing. I much prefer jeans, but joggers are alright

She’s bragging about how they never pay full price for anything but they buy excessive amounts of crap so where are the savings being made?

Reactions: 5
What's the difference? My daughter looks lush in a tracksuit.

Reactions: 2
Ivy is in a high back booster with a seatbelt.... 😳
I wouldn't do it personally, but she isn't breaking any law. Ivy would be in group 2 or 3, depending on weight.

My son will be 4 next month and we still have the Joie car seat that turns a full 360 degrees. We are moving on to a high back booster seat next, as that is the only thing available to him. As he is in my car more he will be getting one with a 5 point harness which can then be removed and used with a seatbelt. However, one with just a seatbelt (as long as it's fitted correctly) would also be acceptable.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I wouldn't do it personally, but she isn't breaking any law. Ivy would be in group 2 or 3, depending on weight.

My son will be 4 next month and we still have the Joie car seat that turns a full 360 degrees. We are moving on to a high back booster seat next, as that is the only thing available to him. As he is in my car more he will be getting one with a 5 point harness which can then be removed and used with a seatbelt. However, one with just a seatbelt (as long as it's fitted correctly) would also be acceptable.
Legal isn’t necessarily safe though; a 5 point harness at her age is so much safer as the bones aren’t fully formed yet. In a crash the damage can be catastrophic. It’s not so much the seat as it is the lack of harness.

Yet one more reason I won’t have kids. As a nurse I’ve seen the injuries first hand.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.