Being Robbo #15 Fell out of one bed and into another, now she’s marrying her lookalike brother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its not just for holidays though. Its all absences. So I dont think her being at her Dads would cut it tbh.

Reactions: 2
Its not just for holidays though. Its all absences. So I dont think her being at her Dads would cut it tbh.
tbh some of the lies I've seen parents tell to get their kids out of school, I'm confident Robbo could bullshit her way out of it.

Reactions: 3
Maybe but I do get the impression theyre cracking down on this massively.

Even kids who are mentally unwell and cant attend get marked as unauthorised 😭

We had a very close family members wedding, kids part of the wedding party, it was in a different country and I had no choice really other than take my kids out for 2 days and despite me asking the school wouldnt mark either as authorised. 😶

• Sad
Reactions: 5

We had a very close family members wedding, kids part of the wedding party, it was in a different country and I had no choice really other than take my kids out for 2 days and despite me asking the school wouldnt mark either as authorised. 😶
Those wouldn’t have been fined though because it’s for a full school week I think?

Reactions: 1

Oh I know, I was having a rant about it earlier because it's ridiculous. It's people like Robbo that have made the rules change.
---
Those wouldn’t have been fined though because it’s for a full school week I think?
No, 5 consecutive days unauthorised, or 10 non-consecutive days within 10 weeks. There's gonna be a lot more "long weekends" being taken to accommodate this ;)

Why are they clamping down on unauthorised absences now when they were happy for children to be home schooled for nearly 2 years? My neighbour is a primary school teacher and I remember her building a shed with a glass of white wine at 11am telling her other neighbours she was “living the dream” whilst I was doing a night shift on the Covid ward that night. These teachers are a joke

Reactions: 4
No its going to be collective now over a 3 year period.

Also Im in Scotland so no fines but was still marked as an unauthorised abscence despite me giving a perfectly good reason as to why they wouldnt be there. Providing travel documents / wedding invitations etc.

if it's like Egypt and Ivy had to stay with her dad that would probably be approved for childcare reasons.
That's crazy! 😱 robbo would be choosing to go away making her daughter miss education (through childcare), so she should still be fined.

Why are they clamping down on unauthorised absences now when they were happy for children to be home schooled for nearly 2 years? My neighbour is a primary school teacher and I remember her building a shed with a glass of white wine at 11am telling her other neighbours she was “living the dream” whilst I was doing a night shift on the Covid ward that night. These teachers are a joke
If you'd like to bash teachers please do so elsewhere.

Every single day I delivered 5 lessons online.
25 live lessons a week, with 25 individualised PowerPoints, learning points and follow up tasks.
I also recorded those 25 lessons the weekend before they went out, allowing me to upload them after the lesson to accommodate children who couldn't attend.

I also regularly hosted informal catch ups to let the children talk to their friends, we played quizzes, shared news etc.

I think I ended up getting 4-5 hours sleep most nights at most and ended up making myself very ill.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
If you'd like to bash teachers please do so elsewhere.

Every single day I delivered 5 lessons online.
25 live lessons a week, with 25 individualised PowerPoints, learning points and follow up tasks.
I also recorded those 25 lessons the weekend before they went out, allowing me to upload them after the lesson to accommodate children who couldn't attend.

I also regularly hosted informal catch ups to let the children talk to their friends, we played quizzes, shared news etc.

I think I ended up getting 4-5 hours sleep most nights at most and ended up making myself very ill.
It's a difficult one. I appreciate teachers so much, but I must admit seeing some of my relatives, by their own admission, say they had no work to do so they were sunning it in the garden while I was working, homeschooling and trying not to kill myself, it was quite upsetting. But I know many teachers did have to still work their arses off.

Teachers don’t make the rules!! Most teachers agree that families need holidays! If you want to blame somebody, look at the government!

Reactions: 11
It's a difficult one. I appreciate teachers so much, but I must admit seeing some of my relatives, by their own admission, say they had no work to do so they were sunning it in the garden while I was working, homeschooling and trying not to kill myself, it was quite upsetting. But I know many teachers did have to still work their arses off.
I was also a working, homeschooling and trying so hard to remain functioning that I'd definitely developed a bad alcohol habit until this year (not a day without a drink between March 2020 and Dec 31st 2023).

I also had relatives and friends say that home working has changed their lives, covid was a blessing in their work life and they did next to nothing. I wouldn't once judge a whole sector because of those comments, which isn't a "difficult one".

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was also a working, homeschooling and trying so hard to remain functioning that I'd definitely developed a bad alcohol habit until this year (not a day without a drink between March 2020 and Dec 31st 2023).

I also had relatives and friends say that home working has changed their lives, covid was a blessing in their work life and they did next to nothing. I wouldn't once judge a whole sector because of those comments, which isn't a "difficult one".
I totally agree. I hope you didn't get the impression I was judging a whole sector on the actions of a few.

a) why are we bashing teachers for the governments decision about unauthorised absences
b) why are we bashing teachers for the governments decision about lockdown rules
c) the teachers enforcing the fines and sending the letters home are not your child’s classroom teachers, trust me

Reactions: 15
Robbo is probably one of those ones who says "WhY cAn'T wE fInE tEaChErS fOr StRiKeS aNd InSeT dAyS?"

• Heart
Reactions: 8
a) why are we bashing teachers for the governments decision about unauthorised absences
b) why are we bashing teachers for the governments decision about lockdown rules
c) the teachers enforcing the fines and sending the letters home are not your child’s classroom teachers, trust me
I mean, does she not want her kids to get an education?

The only people moaning about it are the ones who royally take the piss.

Honestly who the duck steams clothes on holiday?- Hot shower, clothes in the bathroom on a hanger - jobs a gooden!

Reactions: 4