Being Robbo #11 Being Robbo...because no one else would want to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell holidaying in half term without your kids so they have been to Caribbean and now Florida without their kids. The kids have been to the caravan and benidorm in winter. How flipping selfish is that I literally don't know ANYONE that would do this. She really is vile. I bet she still manages to make this holiday an absolute tackfest!!!!

Reactions: 12
Bloody hell holidaying in half term without your kids so they have been to Caribbean and now Florida without their kids. The kids have been to the caravan and benidorm in winter. How flipping selfish is that I literally don't know ANYONE that would do this. She really is vile. I bet she still manages to make this holiday an absolute tackfest!!!!
Check out Ashliesugarrushed she’s in Malta now, no kids

Reactions: 4
Me and my husband went to a wedding Saturday an hour away from home. MIL told us to make the weekend of it and she’d have the kids so we booked Fri-Mon. We came home last night because we missed the kids too much and didn’t want to wait until this afternoon! No way could I spend a week away from them on the other side of the world! Imagine something happened!! Selfish selfish people. My parents used to go to places like Cyprus for a week at a time and leave me and my brother with grandparents. We hated every second of it, missed them and our home so much. That’s always stayed with me

Reactions: 7
Me and my husband went to a wedding Saturday an hour away from home. MIL told us to make the weekend of it and she’d have the kids so we booked Fri-Mon. We came home last night because we missed the kids too much and didn’t want to wait until this afternoon! No way could I spend a week away from them on the other side of the world! Imagine something happened!! Selfish selfish people. My parents used to go to places like Cyprus for a week at a time and leave me and my brother with grandparents. We hated every second of it, missed them and our home so much. That’s always stayed with me
We’re going to a wedding in September, it’s a bit away and we need to get a ferry which is a 2 hour drive away. My mum told us to book a hotel at the ferry town and go the night before, making it 3 night away. I feel sick at the thought. I’d rather get up super early and drive on the morning 🙈 My husband doesn’t really understand either as he’s away with work and things regularly. Even 2 night away feels too much for me 🙁

Reactions: 3
So I’m on the other “camp” here in that when I was a child my parents went on 3 super luxurious holidays without us. They were to fancy resorts in Asia and the Maldives. My dad worked his arse off including getting big bonuses and each holiday was to celebrate their anniversary. Us kids went to stay with our cousins which we loved because we were the same age. HOWEVER, my parents were not:

- During the same time period only taking us kids on tacky crappy holidays - we got lovely holidays and treats too and most of the year my mum spent at home looking after us all
- Scrounging for yellow stickers and spending £000s on Chinese sweatshop clothes
- Spending their well earned time off on holidays that are designed for children! Each place they went to was luxe and for adults and quite rightly they shouldn’t/couldn’t have taken us with them.

Reactions: 10
So I’m on the other “camp” here in that when I was a child my parents went on 3 super luxurious holidays without us. They were to fancy resorts in Asia and the Maldives. My dad worked his arse off including getting big bonuses and each holiday was to celebrate their anniversary. Us kids went to stay with our cousins which we loved because we were the same age. HOWEVER, my parents were not:

- During the same time period only taking us kids on tacky crappy holidays - we got lovely holidays and treats too and most of the year my mum spent at home looking after us all
- Scrounging for yellow stickers and spending £000s on Chinese sweatshop clothes
- Spending their well earned time off on holidays that are designed for children! Each place they went to was luxe and for adults and quite rightly they shouldn’t/couldn’t have taken us with them.
Yeah I’m in this camp. My rule is that if we have a break away just us we have to do something equally nice with the kids. If we can’t afford both it’s just the family hol.

We’ve no “adult only” breaks planned this year and am guilty of a cheap tacky haven caravan break but also in Tenerife for the half term with the kids which cost a bloody fortune because school holidays. But kids are loving it and that 90 minute kids club window in the afternoon is cocktail hour 😂

Reactions: 9
I’m not dissing anyone who does leave their kids for holidays, I personally just find it hard. It’s more the fact it’s half term, and those poor kids get the crappy winter in Benidorm holidays, they never seem to get real treats unless it’s a freebie and the older two especially never seem to get new clothes/trainers when they could obviously do with it.

I hope Ivy is treated well when she’s with her dad, poor Mase will be in front of the tablet since Robbo’s sis is so heavily pregnant and might not be able to do much now 🙄

Reactions: 5
Thread suggestion
BeingRobbo #12 off on holiday not taking the kids just me and bae!

Reactions: 1
“Can’t believe this is my life” that’s because it’s not, this is one Monday out of thousands, next Monday you’ll be back to washing pots

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I literally broke a leg running to put this on here. Is she f***ing serious? Juggling childcare and working the hours she does. She needs to piss right off. Cos there’s people out there working a million times harder than her with NO childcare. She’s not on this planet.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
She’s a bleeping dick. I wish I worked 2 hours a week washing pots and could go on a cruise to the Bahamas and NYC (I tell a lie, I don’t wish that was my job or life at all). She’s lucky she has people to palm her kids off to and lucky that idiots click her aff links to give the greedy witch spending money instead of getting off her backside and working!

I left my little one last year as we went to Glastonbury but we also took him abroad on a family holiday when we got back and he absolutely loved spending time with the family when we were away, so I don’t really begrudge anyone who does go away without kids…but we did it for a festival we could drive home from. I can’t imagine doing it for a holiday hours away on a plane to tan myself and wear cheap Chinese clothes.

I literally broke a leg running to put this on here. Is she f***ing serious? Juggling childcare and working the hours she does. She needs to piss right off. Cos there’s people out there working a million times harder than her with NO childcare. She’s not on this planet.
Oh behave Slobbo! She really thinks she’s some boss witch doesn’t she ahhaaaa. And are they only away for a week?! She’s making it sound like an around the world trip.

Reactions: 6
Don't listen to her tripe, when she's says she's soooooo lucky for her life a) remember who she's sunbathing next to - probably in his vest and & those god awful shorts he always has on & b) the upshot chin photos

Reactions: 9
Oh behave Slobbo! She really thinks she’s some boss witch doesn’t she ahhaaaa. And are they only away for a week?! She’s making it sound like an around the world trip.
This is why it cringes me out so much, she tries to act like a travel blogger when she’s actually on 2 Tui trips a year paid on credit and booked 18 months in advance. And to such touristy places

• Haha
Reactions: 11
FWIW I dont actually think its bad going away without kids.

Going on holiday with small kids is not a holiday. Its doing the same tit you do at home. Id rather not go at all than take a child Masons age away. Probably outing myself as a crappy parent here but I am easily over whelmed and noone would enjoy themselves. Also have a neurodiverse child who likes routine.

However its her level of disinterest when she does have the kids that makes it distasteful and horrible to see.

A day out for those kids is the company shop and maybe a Wetherspoons dinner if theyre lucky. When they are home they sit on the tablets, rain or shine.

So to say she needs a break from parenting is somewhat disingenuous and unbelievable.

• Heart
This is why it cringes me out so much, she tries to act like a travel blogger when she’s actually on 2 Tui trips a year paid on credit and booked 18 months in advance. And to such touristy places
And you just know everyone that was on the Tui plane, will also be on the Tui ship 🥴

She’s gave all the details out which cruise etc and the prices are from £1,200. That’s a ridiculous amount of money when you literally buy yellow label food and out of date squash for your kids. Mind blown honestly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.