BeckieJBrown #2 She's a powerhouse! She just is!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I definitely think we're gonna see a comeback of the walking stick soon. She hasn't got nearly enough health related attention recently.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I definitely think we're gonna see a comeback of the walking stick soon. She hasn't got nearly enough health related attention recently.
I couldn't agree more. Beckie just needs a medical/mental health issue (whether self-diagnosed or not) to draw attention to herself. First it's trich, then her mysterious hip-leg-I'm-not-walking-properly-ailment, then it's migraines, then back to trich again and now it's her autism/neurodivergence-shtick again. :rolleyes: It's embarrassing. Beckie needs her own medical bullshit bingo at this point.

I know this has been said before but imagine you're following Beckie for her kayaking content and being greeted with this when you open Instagram. I wonder if the person who picked her to be an ambassador has faced disciplinary action.

Attachments

If you’ve got your period every other week you need to get to your GP stat not try to normalise it on your instagram stories

Reactions: 9
This whole Beckie-Autism thing is pissing me off.

It's true that services for adults with autism are either very stretched or non-existent but the truth is, if you're not diagnosed young (while still in education, let's say), you typically don't need a diagnosis. That's why you have to pay for it. And malingerers know it's a valuable diagnosis in a lot of ways if you're willing to shell out money for private practitioners to diagnose it via questionnaire. So that's why private practitioners advertise that service and make you pay through your arse to get it.

It's not like mental health problems, you don't get a diagnosis then get some help. It's just 'oh, we found out why you're weird, get on with it.'

I was diagnosed at 13 after months of interviews with my parents, family history, being observed at home and in school by psychologists, an IQ test, a video-recorded session to check my motor skills, etc - and even for an autistic female, that's quite late considering I'm autistic enough to genuinely not be able to function in some neurotypical settings.

Adult diagnosis of autism is objectively flawed in a lot of senses and it's something I always take with a grain of salt. I do this because it is an unbelievably easy diagnosis to exploit, and autistic people can be quite easy to exploit too. I feel an unbelievably strong urge to keep the lower functioning people grouped into the ASD diagnosis safe. Due to ASD becoming an umbrella diagnosis combined with the rise in paid-for adult diagnoses, there are some very high functioning, borderline-neurotypical (and flat-out neurotypical) people in autistic spaces, and some of those people really don't have the best interests of others at heart.

There are a lot of ways an autism diagnosis can make life easier for us, but a bleeping breeze for neurotypicals masquerading because they took an online test or paid for their diagnosis after answering 40 questions. If she really wants to be an autistic adult so bad, why doesn't she start campaigning for safer autistic spaces, revision of the ridiculous term 'ASD', and maybe practitioners being a little more thorough when diagnosing adults than a 40 question paper. Otherwise she is bolstering a system that puts autistic people in danger. Same for all these other niche internet microcelebs toting private autism diagnoses. The more high-functioning people get grouped into the ASD umbrella, the less help low functioning people get. And the less seriously their needs get treat.
Completely disagree that if you’re not diagnosed young it’s probably because you don’t need a diagnosis. Many of us struggle for decades and mask heavily to appear neurotypical, and as someone who waited 3 years to get an NHS diagnosis in my 20’s I think it’s a pretty damaging view to take, but it’s your opinion andI’ve explained mine, so moving on 😅

I do otherwise agree with you. My diagnosis was confirmation that things ARE harder for me, and gave me the kick to figure out how to make them easier, remove the hard things I’m only doing because ‘everyone else does’ etc. because like you say, there’s no support it’s just “this is why everything is difficult, see you never”. I don’t think for a moment Beckie would do the same, it’d just become an endless pity party of ‘I need support and it doesn’t exist poor me and my special little brain’.

It annoys me more than it probably should that she’s prancing about essentially declaring herself a neurodivergent icon when she doesn’t even know if she’s neurodivergent. Self diagnosis is valid so far as using it to gain access to/support from the community, meet other people who understand you etc. NOT using it to become an ambassador and get to feel special.

I do personally think Beckie probably is autistic, I’ve been watching her for over a decade now and for a good 5 or so years related to her hard. Then I matured and started putting genuine effort into improving both my mental health and myself in general as a person, and watched her continue to mope, whinge and complain while doing nothing to change anything.

For the longest time I held out hope she’d improve herself and I’d relate again, and I still definitely want to see her do well since a 10+ year parasocial relationship with a chronic oversharer will do that to you, but I have run out of actual hope or belief that it’s going to happen.

Reactions: 8
Her posts and stories are looking like she’s either found a new man or an old one has reappeared. Same pattern… even more cryptic posts, lots of emojis etc

Reactions: 5
Her posts and stories are looking like she’s either found a new man or an old one has reappeared. Same pattern… even more cryptic posts, lots of emojis etc
And that weird coy looking away smile she does. You can also tell when there’s a man on the scene as when she’s talking about something good in her life she doesn’t end it with but oh no I’m the most miserable I’ve ever been and it’s actually really bad even though I’ve jus said it’s good and my life is a tragedy.

• Heart
And that weird coy looking away smile she does. You can also tell when there’s a man on the scene as when she’s talking about something good in her life she doesn’t end it with but oh no I’m the most miserable I’ve ever been and it’s actually really bad even though I’ve jus said it’s good and my life is a tragedy.
😂😂 totally, it’s a black and white difference when you know what you’re looking for.

Otherwise it would just be… *sad face* *blows strand of hair* ‘’hats….’’ *sigh* ‘’I haven’t worn this hat with a full head of hair since 2008’’ *kiss noises towards cat* ‘’this looks like a win.. but what you can’t see is my bald patch from trich on the left and what is potentially alopecia on the right’’ *pulls sad face and shakes head* ‘’it’s never ending’’ *cat walks past and camera cuts*

Also what’s her with weird lispy sound saying ‘’hat’’ like ‘’hasth’’. That isn’t a sound in most southern accents is it 😂😂 she sounds like a Scouser… maybe new man is from Liverpool 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
“It’s a black and white difference when you know what you’re looking for” AS IF her newest post is in black and white, lots of emojis and her coy smile in her cat beret.. 😂😂😂

The cat beret gives me the same vibes as the cat tights tumblr was obsessed with back in 2014

1C6D798B-A9F9-4280-A00E-F668C6D662C6.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Only 7 actual comments visible after a whole day - the well has ran dry, man. There's nobody left to intrigue

I do believe that this might be it. I don't think that the Shepaddles isn't taking off as much as she probably expected. Last stories have been her playing piano to waiting music to the doctor (another health crisis coming? We've not had one in a bit), and her cat sleeping on her Shepaddles box. Riveting content.

Reactions: 5
She no longer appears to be living her entire life online. That can only be a good thing. The lack of content means a lack of chaos and a lack of need for validation from strangers on the internet. She now has the chance to slip quietly away into obscurity and anonymity.

Reactions: 6
She's back with vague medical conditions! Also who doesn't have hair fall out when they brush their hair? That's normal.

I do believe that this might be it. I don't think that the Shepaddles isn't taking off as much as she probably expected. Last stories have been her playing piano to waiting music to the doctor (another health crisis coming? We've not had one in a bit), and her cat sleeping on her Shepaddles box. Riveting content.
You predicted it - the health crisis. Here it is!

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 12.37.43.png

• Haha
  • Sick
When I first read ultrasound I thought “oh god she’s pregnant to one of the old men at the kayaking club” 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm surprised she hasn't told us in intimate detail how excruciating the internal ultrasound was for her narrow-set vagina.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
The way she is curling her hair. I just... can't
It's like giving a hair curler to a 5 year old

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.