BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else catch Paul O'Grady's last radio 2 show yesterday?
14 years & nearly 600 shows
His producer Malcolm is also leaving/being pushed too, after 24 years at bbc, O'Grady played a Celine Dion triple for him 😁

Reactions: 2
Did anyone else catch Paul O'Grady's last radio 2 show yesterday?
14 years & nearly 600 shows
His producer Malcolm is also leaving/being pushed too, after 24 years at bbc, O'Grady played a Celine Dion triple for him 😁
I managed to catch part of the programme. I thought he was very gracious.
Who’s going to be replacing Paul?

Reactions: 1
Maybe we should feel sorry for Jo Good, she might actually be losing it. Jerry Sadowitz is a very well known comedian, the cancellation of his shows at Edinburgh was an attempt at a "cerebral" discussion on her BBC Radio London show last night - yet her 'research' didn't extend to getting his name right, not even once. She referred to him many times as Jerry Sadovich, then later in the show called him Jerry Levovitch, more than once. (BBC Sounds 2:03:25). These are not slips of the tongue, they display a complete lack of care and competence.

She extends the topic of comedians' self-censorship to presenters like her working in an "...atmosphere now where we are all very easily offended..." She doesn't seem to hold back; the word "aborigine" has often been heard on her show, and she recently gave a personal opinion, saying she feels it's a shame that her middle-aged male friend can't call 24-year-old women "sweetheart" in the work place.

• Wow
Jo Good is again pushing her personal monetised social media account on her BBC Radio London show.

Straight out of the traps at 6 minutes into her show last night she says "If you follow me on Instagram there's a picture of Anna and I having coffee in Chatsworth Road..." Says she wants to give a shout-out to the independent coffee shop but if listeners go to her Insta they will see a video #AD directly below for a skincare brand with whom she has a long-standing commercial relationship.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Jo Good is again pushing her personal monetised social media account on her BBC Radio London show.

Straight out of the traps at 6 minutes into her show last night she says "If you follow me on Instagram there's a picture of Anna and I having coffee in Chatsworth Road..." Says she wants to give a shout-out to the independent coffee shop but if listeners go to her Insta they will see a video #AD directly below for a skincare brand with whom she has a long-standing commercial relationship.
Have you emailed the BBC about this? I’m sure this isn’t permitted under their rules.

Have you emailed the BBC about this? I’m sure this isn’t permitted under their rules.
I haven't but other Tattlers have said they've made complaints. It seems that if she's pulled up about it she stops for a while, only to pick back up when she thinks the heat is off. She used to actually read out the handles of her account but has not done this for a while but instead makes a general mention, knowing that her accounts are easily found with a search.

Such promotion of commercial enterprises is certainly not allowed by the Beeb, can you imagine, for example, Alex Jones giving out similar details on the One Show, suggesting viewers look at a personal photo, where they will find advertising? Jo Good has admitted that she tries to get away with all sorts on the late show as the bosses don't listen.

BBC Radio London has its own social accounts where photos relevant to the show can be shared but Jo Good choses not to use these, instead directing listeners to accounts where she benefits from the ads there.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I haven't but other Tattlers have said they've made complaints. It seems that if she's pulled up about it she stops for a while, only to pick back up when she thinks the heat is off. She used to actually read out the handles of her account but has not done this for a while but instead makes a general mention, knowing that her accounts are easily found with a search.

Such promotion of commercial enterprises is certainly not allowed by the Beeb, can you imagine, for example, Alex Jones giving out similar details on the One Show, suggesting viewers look at a personal photo, where they will find advertising? Jo Good has admitted that she tries to get away with all sorts on the late show as the bosses don't listen.

BBC Radio London has its own social accounts where photos relevant to the show can be shared but Jo Good choses not to use these, instead directing listeners to accounts where she benefits from the ads there.
She sounds truly disgusting. If she’s been reported multiple times I don’t understand why they keep allowing her to carry on. She doesn’t even sound like that good a presenter! The BBC seem to be getting shot of a load of other long standing presenters, hopefully it won’t be too long before she’s on her way out the door.

She sounds truly disgusting. If she’s been reported multiple times I don’t understand why they keep allowing her to carry on. She doesn’t even sound like that good a presenter! The BBC seem to be getting shot of a load of other long standing presenters, hopefully it won’t be too long before she’s on her way out the door.
Indeed @Shineyshine there's not much redeeming about her, although in fairness she cares for her 97 year old mother and stays with her on the weekend.

From the Jo Good Tattle Wiki:

Jo Good aka Joanne Good has been broadcasting on BBC Radio London for many years. Initial mention of her on Tattle (on the BBC Radio thread) revealed many of us had been listeners or fans but found her becoming very disingenuous and annoying as her vlogging increased. The fact she was using her BBC platform to lure people to her YouTube channel (which contains adverts) prompted the creation of Jo's first Tattle thread - Jo Good, I vlog my dog, the BBC, my Mum and Me Me Me.

Lots of her questionable antics, including screenshots, have been recorded on the Tattle Wiki If interested read more HERE

Last edited:
It's official - Vanessa Feltz is taking over Drive on TalkTV.

Good luck V, I'll be a listener.

BBC Radio London listeners will probably know that there's not much love lost between Jo Good and Vanessa Feltz but I was not prepared for Jo's snarky comments on her BBC RL show last night.

Jo starts by sniggering "...ooh, you can't make this up, so OK this is when the world is so funny you have to just laugh.."

She goes on to say that Anna Webb was on the Jeremy Vine show that day, that he adores Anna, Radio 2 Loves Anna, when there's a dog story they will book Anna, Jo mentioned the topic Anna discussed, adding that they will cover it during their dog segment on Thursday night's show.

At this stage I thought it was very strange that Jo had gone on so long without mentioning Anna was actually talking to Vanessa Feltz, who was sitting in...

But - just when when I thought Jo had pointedly dodged mentioning V's name she piped up, "Jeremy Vine's away - Who's covering for Jeremy Vine? VANESSA FELTZ, who is isn't particularly dog-friendly VANESSA FELTZ, how extraordinary!"". She goes on "...how extraordinary that after ALL the years on THIS radio station Vanessa ends up talking to ANNA WEBB on Radio 2 about dogs...you can't make it up can you?".

Hey Jo! None of that is extroadinary, V sits in for lots of people, and she's a great broadcaster who can cover a topic even if she's not interested in it. Jo: Your comment was so bitter and snarky but mainy COWARDLY, all your professional jealousy is coming out now, knowing that shortly V will no longer be a BBC colleague. Vanessa being in demand for a big-bucks contract will make it hard for you to continue claiming that you're being sidelined because you're a woman in your sixties. Sorry Jo, not buying it.

It is not so much what Jo said but the bitter nasty tone she took, it's worth a listen (BBC Sounds 23/08/2022 from 13 minutes 50 seconds in).

• Wow
It’s so much better listening to Ooh Gary Davies than Zoe Ball on a morning.
I tuned into Zoe a few weeks ago - first time in forever - and had the displeasure of hearing Richie Anderson. Hadn't a clue who he was (and wish that were still the case). Sycophantic worm

I don't mind Owain Wyn Evans on a temporary basis. Will miss Vanessa

Dear god NO
Nothing would surprise me though.
I listened to the opening of his show tonight, played a tune then talked about himself for about 5 minutes
What is the appeal of this odious man? He ADORES himself, which shows delusion beyond belief - whole situation is not helped by the Beeb’s pandering. I know that Radio 2 can be notorious for preferring celebrities over traditional DJs, but who was Richard prior to having his own gig?

Anders aside, my fondest memories of Radio 2 are from nights working along to Janice Long (wonderful presenter, RIP) followed by ‘the Dark Lord’ Alex Lester - dependable, live company for when I did shift work (many moons ago)

What is the appeal of this odious man? He ADORES himself, which shows delusion beyond belief - whole situation is not helped by the Beeb’s pandering. I know that Radio 2 can be notorious for preferring celebrities over traditional DJs, but who was Richard prior to having his own gig?

Anders aside, my fondest memories of Radio 2 are from nights working along to Janice Long (wonderful presenter, RIP) followed by ‘the Dark Lord’ Alex Lester - dependable, live company for when I did shift work (many moons ago)
Alex Lester was great, remember him well, he lived on a barge for 10 years and married his long-time partner "The Dark Lady" 😁 I think he is on Greatest Hits Network now, Long too and Richard Allinson (now on Greatest Hits too I believe)
Radio 2's Friday night line-up is horrific now, Michelle Visage followed by DJ Spoony.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.