BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A teaser from Paul O'Grady & his producer Malcolm (who the bbc also binned after 24 years)
Where will they end up/appear? :love:
96-F74-EBE-F390-4-DEA-85-B0-F94-A27-FB06-DB.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Paul & Malcolm will do a one-off show on Xmas Day for Boom Radio it seems.
His show on radio 2 is sadly missed, would love to think they'll do more radio again in 2023.
FiEYlxtWAAExDCT.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So happy to see that announcement this morning. They are a great team and put on a cracking Xmas show each year. Sure they’ll find a home somewhere as will wrighty.

Reactions: 5
Boom radio’s alright. My in-laws had it on one evening. Boom Light is mainly 50s I think, and Boom is 60s 70s and 80s. Tony Blackburn and David Hamilton are on there.

Reactions: 4
Boom radio’s alright. My in-laws had it on one evening. Boom Light is mainly 50s I think, and Boom is 60s 70s and 80s. Tony Blackburn and David Hamilton are on there.
I like Boom, Radio Caroline, Serenade, Solid Gold Gem, they all play great music, stuff that gets played less & less on radio 2 these days.
I read that Boom's listening figures are up to 1/2 a million per week now, perhaps picking up some listeners from radio 2 :unsure:

Reactions: 2
PopMaster
Complete the name of this song by The Police...******* on The Moon

Answer - Dancing 😲

The contestant sounded as though she didn't want to be on the quiz.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
PopMaster
Complete the name of this song by The Police...******* on The Moon

Answer - Dancing 😲

The contestant sounded as though she didn't want to be on the quiz.
Oh I’m sitting in my hands trying not to tune in - my husband’s away and not back until tonight, so we’ve said we’ll catch up together tomorrow…

This has reminded me of Phoenix Nights 😂

• Haha
Paint it Black by the Stones after PopMaster :love:
A little off topic… Has anyone started watching Wednesday on Netflix? Excellent cello / strings version of Paint it Black in the first episode, and a great strings version of Nothing Else Matters in episode 3.

A little off topic… Has anyone started watching Wednesday on Netflix? Excellent cello / strings version of Paint it Black in the first episode, and a great strings version of Nothing Else Matters in episode 3.
Haven't seen that show, a very versatile song though, classic.
Ken has been pressing the wrong buttons on PopMaster again, same as Friday 😁

• Haha
Champions League PopMaster begins soon & contestants seem to be hard to find lately.
Year of The Cat by Al Stewart after today's quiz, what a great tune :love:

Champions League PopMaster begins soon & contestants seem to be hard to find lately.
Year of The Cat by Al Stewart after today's quiz, what a great tune :love:
You’re right, the really exceptional players seem to have been thin on the ground this year. It’ll be interesting to see how the Champions League is comprised. Unless I’ve just forgotten all he good ones - which is entirely possible 🤣

Bloke says he got 39 last week… but didn’t know who sang Tiger Feet 😆

This is why I love PopMaster.

• Haha
I always do pretty well listening along at home but I know I’d go to pot chatting to Ken live on radio 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.