BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PopMaster has cheered me right up today, I’ve had a good old chuckle.

Favourite answer: David… Copperfield

Also, never knew Alanis Morrisette is Irish ☘🤣

To top it all. 3 in 10, she gets Ellie what’s her face, can’t get it, then turns round and tells Ken everybody says she looks like her 🤣🤣🤣

Ken’s is the best show on the radio.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
PopMaster has cheered me right up today, I’ve had a good old chuckle.

Favourite answer: David… Copperfield

Also, never knew Alanis Morrisette is Irish ☘🤣

To top it all. 3 in 10, she gets Ellie what’s her face, can’t get it, then turns round and tells Ken everybody says she looks like her 🤣🤣🤣

Ken’s is the best show on the radio.
It certainly is, you can tell that Ken loves doing the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I miss Wrighty so much!
I do. Everyone will laugh at this but his show going has contributed to my poor mental state the past few months. It was my constant companion at work where I don’t really have many colleagues to have any banter with and on the way home through a difficult commute. Nothing else compares.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do. Everyone will laugh at this but his show going has contributed to my poor mental state the past few months. It was my constant companion at work where I don’t really have many colleagues to have any banter with and on the way home through a difficult commute. Nothing else compares.

Ah I'm really sorry to hear that and I'm not laughing at all. I totally get it as I felt like that about Radio 2 during pregnancy/maternity during the pandemic (still do tbh). As you say it's a constant companion. I know it's not quite the same but I heard at the weekend that Jockin' will be on BBC Sounds soon, if you have the app could put them all together to listen to a few back to back. Hope you're doing ok as soon like a tough time.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I totally understand where you are coming from. Radio 2 got me through lockdown when it was just me and my little son at home alone and it was like having a friend chatting in the background all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I felt the same when Terry Wogan left morning radio years ago. He was such a calm, funny and reassuring presence.
His gentle 'gird your loins lads, its another day' approach was very comforting. I missed him for ages when he went.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ah I'm really sorry to hear that and I'm not laughing at all. I totally get it as I felt like that about Radio 2 during pregnancy/maternity during the pandemic (still do tbh). As you say it's a constant companion. I know it's not quite the same but I heard at the weekend that Jockin' will be on BBC Sounds soon, if you have the app could put them all together to listen to a few back to back. Hope you're doing ok as soon like a tough time.
Thank you for your sweet reply ❤ I do have the app and will listen to the jockin when it comes on there but it’s just not the same as it being 415 on a Friday and listening to Tim’s funny poem😥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know what you mean, the radio can be a comfort & constant companion for many.
My wife doesn't get why I prefer radio to tv most of the time, have had my own health issues & radio is far more relaxing for me.
It really annoys me how the BBC think they can pigeonhole their audience by age, a listener could be 25 & love 50s or 60s music, a listener could be 55 & love music from the 2000s.
I am pretty sure Steve Wright in The Afternoon may appear again though, on another station 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I get really irritated when people change the work radio to anything other than R2. I find everything on R1 so samey (and can’t bear the horrible music beds under everything) and the same adverts coming round and round on commercial stations drive me round the bend. I feel like R2 has the best balance of new/old, everything has a melody rather than just noise… I can put up with a lot but not other radio stations 😂

• Haha
A good PopMaster today, first guy was a bit cocky though.
Fed up hearing about Scott treadMill already.

A good PopMaster today, first guy was a bit cocky though.
Fed up hearing about Scott treadMill already.
Very cocky, saying he got 39 in the second guy's questions 🙈

Same re Scott. I know that he is of course a very well established DJ but he's only a newbie on Radio 2 so I think it's interesting that they chose him for this year's challenge, surely he won't be able to raise as much as the likes of Rylan did previously?

Reactions: 5
Very cocky, saying he got 39 in the second guy's questions 🙈

Same re Scott. I know that he is of course a very well established DJ but he's only a newbie on Radio 2 so I think it's interesting that they chose him for this year's challenge, surely he won't be able to raise as much as the likes of Rylan did previously?
That contestant was really rude, it's very annoying and disrespectful when a player says that.
Mills is being publicised to the max by the bbc, probably in fear of listeners switching off after getting rid of Steve's show.

That contestant was really rude, it's very annoying and disrespectful when a player says that.
Mills is being publicised to the max by the bbc, probably in fear of listeners switching off after getting rid of Steve's show.
Anyone can say they got a top score in their head - if I were delusional enough I’d ace both rounds of PopMaster every day 😂
He didn’t come across as a nice person.

Feel same about Scott Mills. I think they’re terrified his show will flop so they’re ramming it down our throats. That’s making me less likely to tune in and give him another chance because it’s coming across as desperation. Shows which are good grow organically by word of mouth.

Reactions: 9
So far Jeremy Vine has put the most work in, he was practically jogging through today's show!

Seems like £1 million is the minimum expectation for these BBC challenges now. He's only at 200k so far...

Slade after PopMaster today 😍 love it.
We have a little competition if we listen together. Before Ken says who the 3 in 10 is, we quickly shout out who we think it will be… nobody has won yet 🤣

Reactions: 3
Slade after PopMaster today 😍 love it.
We have a little competition if we listen together. Before Ken says who the 3 in 10 is, we quickly shout out who we think it will be… nobody has won yet 🤣
Good contest, thought that the 1st lady's questions were way harder and 24 was a cracking score.

Reactions: 2
I was listening to the excellent WorldService Newsroom programme @ 10pm last night, the government of El Salvador have made crypto-currency/BitCoin legal tender in their Country, the government invested £400m in BitCoin, it's value has dropped by 60% 😲
What could possibly go wrong

On a lighter note, a contestant on PopMaster today asked Ken for a signed photo of him & Richie Anderson....sorry we don't have any signed photos of Richie...I'll take one of him on my phone & send it onto you said Ken 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.