BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First popmaster contestant was poor, couldn't identify Morrissey's voice.
Ken plays Gordon Lightfoot followed by Edison Lighthouse :love:

Reactions: 1
Witch Farm on Radio 4, and Sounds, is good. By Danny Robbins, he does a few paranormal things like The Battersea Poltergeist.
True apparently, it is about this incredibly haunted farmhouse in Wales. But they have a sceptic on too trying to provide rational explanations for all the phenomena.
Worth a listen.

Reactions: 6
First popmaster contestant was poor, couldn't identify Morrissey's voice.
Ken plays Gordon Lightfoot followed by Edison Lighthouse :love:
It always amazes me how many of them get fairly straight forward questions wrong - like you say, who else could that have been? And Paul McCartney the other day, probably one of the most recognisable voices in the world. Maybe it’s pressure 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
It always amazes me how many of them get fairly straight forward questions wrong - like you say, who else could that have been? And Paul McCartney the other day, probably one of the most recognisable voices in the world. Maybe it’s pressure 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah, the contestant was a big music fan, always going to gigs but nerves must have got to her.

Reactions: 1
Witch Farm on Radio 4, and Sounds, is good. By Danny Robbins, he does a few paranormal things like The Battersea Poltergeist.
True apparently, it is about this incredibly haunted farmhouse in Wales. But they have a sceptic on too trying to provide rational explanations for all the phenomena.
Worth a listen.
Is there a thread for all the Danny Robins paranormal podcast stuff? Would love to see what everyone else thinks of the them! I’m obsessed!

I really miss the non-stop oldies @ 3pm on radio 2, even miss Wrighty talking over the end of the songs :(
Gaby Roslin stands in on Sunday Love Songs again this week.

Rev Richard 'I was in a band' Coles has outdone himself this morning on Saturday Live. He mentioned 'I was in a band' within two minutes of the programme starting.
Impressed 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Rev Richard 'I was in a band' Coles has outdone himself this morning on Saturday Live. He mentioned 'I was in a band' within two minutes of the programme starting.
Impressed 😂
I just can’t even listen to him anymore. Radcliffe and Maconie on 6 for my weekend mornings 😊

I just can’t even listen to him anymore. Radcliffe and Maconie on 6 for my weekend mornings 😊
I don't know why I do. He is so irritating.
Name drops constantly too.
And he always sounds like he needs a hanky to give his nose a good blow.

Reactions: 2
Is there a thread for all the Danny Robins paranormal podcast stuff? Would love to see what everyone else thinks of the them! I’m obsessed!
Just came across this thread and yes me too, me & husband have loved all of his Uncanny episodes, it's all so interesting. The You're Dead To Me podcast on Sounds is also good.

Generally Radio 2-wise I've mainly switched to Radio 6 Music, I only like Pop Master (even though I am rubbish at it) and OJ Borg. I've really enjoyed it while he's been on in the daytime, him and Vernon have been good. Not enjoying Scott Mills at all.

Impressed 😂
Rev. Dick was also guest presenter on Countdown the past week.
To cap it all, Dan Walker was in Dictionary Corner.
Awful viewing

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
Hellllo MY LOVELIES...ONNNN THE BAAALLL
Michael treated the listener to a concise, potted history of his youth, divorced parents etc, then he woke up in Alfie Boe's hammock & they took in a theatre show last night.
This morphed into Sister Sledge & We Are Family which is a Ball family favourite 😁

• Haha
Tired Scott's new show the other day (I usually listen to radio one, and Scott was good on there so had high hopes!)
Lasted about an hour but the music was unbearable! Ricky Martin, disco stuff, Kylie 🤣 just felt very dated! I kept holding on for something better, but no. Scott seems to have lost the spark that made the old show work.

Think I'll head back to radio one, but let me know if he improves! However I do enjoy Rylan on a Saturday if I catch it, he's genuinely funny and very easy to listen to!

Tired Scott's new show the other day (I usually listen to radio one, and Scott was good on there so had high hopes!)
Lasted about an hour but the music was unbearable! Ricky Martin, disco stuff, Kylie 🤣 just felt very dated! I kept holding on for something better, but no. Scott seems to have lost the spark that made the old show work.

Think I'll head back to radio one, but let me know if he improves! However I do enjoy Rylan on a Saturday if I catch it, he's genuinely funny and very easy to listen to!

I miss Wrighty so much!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.