BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jim thanked listeners for nice comments that had been emailed in about him covering the spot. He did so graciously, not actually reading out the emails verbatim. Some of his last callers added thanks and good wishes to their topic calls, again which he accepted modestly.
I agree - he has been very modest in accepting the praise, I do wish he was doing the breakfast show.

Reactions: 1
According to recent figures Ken Bruce gets 8.4m listeners per week, Steve Wright in The Afternoon was getting 7.2m listeners per week and the beeb binned him :oops:
Seems that even having a huge amount of listeners can't save a show from being purged.
How long until they come for Ken Bruce's morning show?
The Radio2 music playlist(s) are really changing I think.
I have hardly listened to weekday afternoons, Friday nights or Sunday at tea-time for weeks now.
It'll be interesting to see the listening figures 1 year from now.

Reactions: 7
Posted by another Tattler on a different thread. (Thanks to the other Tattler, I don't know if it's done to tag someone elsewhere).

This is really sad.

What makes my blood boil is the massive salaries paid to talentless people like Zoe Ball, which, if the BBC hadn’t jumped to pay out then these drastic cost cuts to local services may not be necessary. I bet none of the “celebrity” presenters make a stand against the cuts to help out their local station.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is really sad.

What makes my blood boil is the massive salaries paid to talentless people like Zoe Ball, which, if the BBC hadn’t jumped to pay out then these drastic cost cuts to local services may not be necessary. I bet none of the “celebrity” presenters make a stand against the cuts to help out their local station.
The bbc threw millions at the likes of Gary Lineker, Chris Evans, Graham Norton, and their own executives & hierarchy for decades.
Huge new studio for the 6 o'clock news, the list is endless.
Us plebs always pay the price though.

Reactions: 4
Was working, but recorded Scott Mills' new Radio 2 show.
Thought it was poor, with bland music, no real variety at all.
Zoe Ball with Richie Anderson as guests :rolleyes:
Not for me

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Scott Mills….unbearable! Whoever decided that he would be a good replacement for Steve Wright? How many times does he have to mention Zoe Ball & Bloody Richie Anderson doing a daft quiz yesterday? I’m tuning out from now on!

Reactions: 8
Scott Mills….unbearable! Whoever decided that he would be a good replacement for Steve Wright? How many times does he have to mention Zoe Ball & Bloody Richie Anderson doing a daft quiz yesterday? I’m tuning out from now on!
I haven’t listened but I don’t blame scott he had big shoes to fill and it wasn’t his descision to get rid of Steve wright. It’s just madness.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t listened but I don’t blame scott he had big shoes to fill and it wasn’t his descision to get rid of Steve wright. It’s just madness.
I don't listen to this, but they seem to be making mad decisions all round at the moment. The ONLY thing I liked when they centralised the local radio output before with Mark Forrest and Georgie Spanswick was that you got to hear good news stories from all over the country at times. It's often the case you only hear bad news stories from elsewhere in the country. They were like chalk and cheese though, he seemed a bit boring and she was totally wacky!

Sadiq Khan on Eddie's Radio London show this morning was highlighting the importance of local radio in terms of holding councillors, politicians etc to account.

Reactions: 2
Some pretty nasty sizeist shade thrown at an ex-colleague by Jo Good on her BBC Radio London show last night's. (BBC Sounds 1:08:10)

Jo was talking to actress Harriet Thorpe about an upcoming panto, Jo said Harriet might end up in one of her old costumes, Harriet replied saying it wouldn't fit but Jo very ungraciously says the costume size won't be a problem, sniggering. "Well, I wore one of Vanessa Feltz's one year, they take it in, they let it out, they take it in, they let it out...".

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Ken on top form again today, a bit of Marillion after the end of PopMaster :cool:
PopMaster was a hoot - that bloke who said he’d been a contestant on Pop Brain of Britain or whatever it was, and then he didn’t even recognise Paul McCartney’s voice 🤦‍♀️ He got a few other easy ones wrong too. Muppet. I never understand when people go on and blow their own trumpet beforehand. It’s always a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: 3
Ken Bruce played Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin after PopMaster.
In the 1970s the dictatorship in Equatorial Guinea used to execute opponents & everyday folk in the national football stadium, with that tune playing loudly over the the tannoy system.

No idea how that came into my head
:oops:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.