BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s insufferable isn’t he.

As for strictly, I don’t watch it, never have. The BBC seem to think that everyone in the country is a fan and insist on giving updates on it across all their tv channels, multiple programmes and on the radio stations. It’s as if they’re trying to brainwash the nation into loving it. I understand there are spin off programmes and podcasts etc now too. I get that it’s popular, but this is typical of the BBC when they think something is a winner they end up overdoing it. They do the same with presenters they think people like, you end up with them everywhere until you’re sick of the sight of them.

I’m not saying Ritchie is popular btw 😂 I just think he’s one of those people who got a foot in the door with the radio and has wormed his way in. His manner is annoying and he’s not likeable so I can’t understand how they can view him as a good radio / tv host.

Reactions: 5
Zoe's too hyper for me at that time in the morning, Richie too, he'll be lined up for a show in the future no doubt, he already stood in on a Bank Holiday teatime.
Last time I tuned into radio 2 breakfast was when Terry Wogan was on :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Laura McGeigh is much better than Hayley Hassell. I also think they should use Claira Hermet more as she is good.

Reactions: 1
A really good PopMaster this morning, the first fellow liked to natter mind you, then some classic Kansas with Carry on Wayward Son :cool:

A bit of Eagle by Abba, full album version, after Ken's PopMaster :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please tell me Lynn was brought on just then to illustrate the moronic types that think Boris should be brought back… the abrupt ending to her nonsense contribution felt a bit telling - not inciting a political argument - just interested to see if the production style/choices are a subliminal way of saying something without actually saying it

Please tell me Lynn was brought on just then to illustrate the moronic types that think Boris should be brought back… the abrupt ending to her nonsense contribution felt a bit telling - not inciting a political argument - just interested to see if the production style/choices are a subliminal way of saying something without actually saying it
I know what you mean, the other week Jeremy Vine said at the start of his show....more on Liz Truss' speech coming up, then played Evil Woman by E.L.O 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Steve Wright's back on radio 2 this afternoon from 1-3pm, counting down the All-Time Top 20 debut albums, seems it is National Album Day today.

Laura McGeigh is much better than Hayley Hassell. I also think they should use Claira Hermet more as she is good.
I agree.. Laura is actually there as well which Hayley never was! I prefer Claira to Jason....She has been through alot so naturally has lots of compassion. I can't listen everyday as you get the same old callers some of who bug me (not patient at that time of day!) I do listen more at weekends though. I still have to limit listening to Dotan because of his reading the phone number out every two seconds. I would rather him sing sometimes than read that phone number out a million times (and that's saying something!)

Ken's been playing a fair amount of new Lightning Seeds music the past few weeks.
It's good to hear them again, that 3 Lions football song in the 1990's kind of ended them for years.

Jason Rosam plays too much music. It is practically back to back tunes. If I want to listen to music, I will switch Spotify on. It is lazy presenting. Something about Jason Rosam gives me the ick.

Can Radio 2 just sack Zoe and hire Vernon already 😂
Totally agree. I feel on edge whenever I hear her voice, she’s so shrill and manic. Whereas he’s much more relaxing and easy on the ear. I would listen more often if they gave her the boot.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree. I feel on edge whenever I hear her voice, she’s so shrill and manic. Whereas he’s much more relaxing and easy on the ear. I would listen more often if they gave her the boot.
She talks absolute rubbish to fill time and I refuse to believe she’s not capable of more intelligent conversation. I like Zoe but do not think she’s suited to this role at all and it makes her unlikeable

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.