Barbie movie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the film, but my GOD the people crying about Margo Robbie not receiving an Oscar nom need to get a bleeping grip. She’s a bloody awful actress.

Reactions: 6
The Oscar moaning is a bit silly. I have seen Margo Robbie play larger than life characters before, I don't think she is doing anything more impressive here than when she played Harley Quinn.

Also, if she got a nom which of the other nominated women would you even 'snub' to give her a slot? Removing any of the others would feel unfair.

Reactions: 6
The oscar discourse is the worst, even hillary clinton tweeted about it which was SO cringe and peak white feminism. Jeez there are way more important and pressing things happening in the world.

Reactions: 3
The Oscar moaning is a bit silly. I have seen Margo Robbie play larger than life characters before, I don't think she is doing anything more impressive here than when she played Harley Quinn.

Also, if she got a nom which of the other nominated women would you even 'snub' to give her a slot? Removing any of the others would feel unfair.
exactly! best actress was STACKED. who should she have gotten in over?! also the true snub (imo anyway) was greta lee not getting a nom, not margo.

while i don’t think america’s nom was deserved as such, i do feel bad for her that she hasn’t really been able to enjoy it (especially as a rare latina nominee) in all this discourse. even her statement about it took up time expressing disappointment for margot and greta.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Honestly thought Margot's role in Babylon was far more Oscar worthy than Barbie.

I do think it's a shame Ryan and America cannot just enjoy their nominations though even if I don't think they're deserved.

👏👏👏 watched it on sky tonight dear god it was a pile of tit
I know. I really wanted to like it too! Loads of women seem to love it and I just think it tried to be too much at once- feminist action movie with flimsy storyline.
I wouldn’t watch it again and it so easily could have been as clever as Gerwig’s Lady Bird

• Heart
I only lasted about 10 minutes when I sat down to watch it. My husband has gone right up in my estimation lasting the whole thing in the cinema when my daughter wanted to see it!

Reactions: 1
Someone PLEASE explain to me how/why Ryan Gosling was nominated for an Oscar for this?

I watched it recently and really wanted to enjoy it but it was so mediocre.

Reactions: 4
Someone PLEASE explain to me how/why Ryan Gosling was nominated for an Oscar for this?
Ah he was brilliant in it?

I thought he suited the role of Ken perfectly!

He really immersed himself in the role and was so self-aware and self-referential and played on male insecurities and toxic masculinity so well. If you see Gosling in interviews discussing Barbie it is so obvious he just gets it.

Reactions: 4
Ah he was brilliant in it?

I thought he suited the role of Ken perfectly!

He really immersed himself in the role and was so self-aware and self-referential and played on male insecurities and toxic masculinity so well. If you see Gosling in interviews discussing Barbie it is so obvious he just gets it.
I think it was lost on me 😂