Barbie movie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1688458892687.png

Looks quite fun on the trailer

Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrall, what's not to like?

Publicity for the movie is wild, with an entire Barbie House unveiled in Malibu

Also loving all the memes mixing up Barbie and Oppenheimer (the two very different movies are released on the same day so there's lots of poster combining and parody trailers being created)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has Margot Robbie got a bit of work done to her face, she looks different and I can't put my finger on it? (Beautiful but different imo)

Reactions: 4
I really want to see this, waiting for reviews to decide if it's worth taking my 9 year old or if I should just wait and watch it at home.

It must be said, the marketing for this film is spot on.

I hope they did Ken-tish Town as well!

1689178000583.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My 4 year old wants to go and see the barbie film 😂 do I have to break some bad news or is it ok for kids?
certificate 12A innit so you can technically take them but probably something questionable in it, maybe it's something that goes over the head of a four year old

Reactions: 1
certificate 12A innit so you can technically take them but probably something questionable in it, maybe it's something that goes over the head of a four year old

I think you're right, most of it will go over kid's heads if it's there. Saying that I've been thinking about whether to take young kids to it too, but I'm not sure based on trailer. Like in the main trailer there are a couple of great visual jokes (the feet being high heel shape, Barbie floating down to the ground in front of her mansion in the morning instead of using the stairs because that's how you moved Barbie from place to place as a kid) but almost all the dialogue jokes are sexual puns (Ken and barbie unsure what to do if Ken sleeps over, all the Kens having a 'beach off' competition fight). Tbh as an adult that kind of Shrek in joke pun humour just makes me groan, as I am a humourless Mary Whitehouse crone, and I do think it will go over most kids' heads, but I did wonder about what it might mean for what's in the rest of a film. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Reactions: 3
Obviously haven’t seen the film yet but been laughing at comments saying Ryan will win an Oscar for this 😂

I might take my boyfriend to see it, I know he will absolutely hate it but I'm thinking about taking him as a surprise just to see his face while he sits through it 😂 There is a cinema close to me which has opened and you have cocktails etc while watching the movie so that might just swing it for him that he can have a pint lol.

• Heart
I might take my boyfriend to see it, I know he will absolutely hate it but I'm thinking about taking him as a surprise just to see his face while he sits through it 😂 There is a cinema close to me which has opened and you have cocktails etc while watching the movie so that might just swing it for him that he can have a pint lol.
Oh is this the Everyman? I’m dying to go!

so excited for film, I’ve loved watching all the various interviews with cast, get the feeling America Fererra is not a fan of Margot though

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m actually quite looking forward to this film, the trailer was alright 😃 hoping my husband will come!

Oh is this the Everyman? I’m dying to go!

so excited for film, I’ve loved watching all the various interviews with cast, get the feeling America Fererra is not a fan of Margot though
Oo I love gossip like this 😂 will have to watch interviews of them together and see if I can spot it

Oo I love gossip like this 😂 will have to watch interviews of them together and see if I can spot it
I’ve found it! Was on Rotten Tomato’s via Facebook, might be reading too much into it but she just looked so unimpressed/bored when Margot was talking

edit- that seems to be cut from a longer interview but not sure who the original source is!

IMG_4903.jpeg

My husband and I watched it today! It was incredible. Honestly really well done and I loved it all 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just got back from the theater! It was such a fun movie! I’m really glad it exists because it’s got a great message.
---
I think you're right, most of it will go over kid's heads if it's there. Saying that I've been thinking about whether to take young kids to it too, but I'm not sure based on trailer. Like in the main trailer there are a couple of great visual jokes (the feet being high heel shape, Barbie floating down to the ground in front of her mansion in the morning instead of using the stairs because that's how you moved Barbie from place to place as a kid) but almost all the dialogue jokes are sexual puns (Ken and barbie unsure what to do if Ken sleeps over, all the Kens having a 'beach off' competition fight). Tbh as an adult that kind of Shrek in joke pun humour just makes me groan, as I am a humourless Mary Whitehouse crone, and I do think it will go over most kids' heads, but I did wonder about what it might mean for what's in the rest of a film. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it.
Kids won’t understand the double entendres and honestly there aren’t that many of them. The only thing I can think of that some parents might not like is one scene in which Barbie says she doesn’t have a vagina and Ken doesn’t have a penis. It’s not something that is lingered on though. She says the line and then immediately we move to the next scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Going this weekend - really looking forward. The marketing has been excellent creating such a stir

Reactions: 1