Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was embarrassing to watch. šŸ˜² I think Bailey needs to remember that being the centre of attention and acting like a brat is out there for everyone to see. She's going to be in for such a shock when she goes to highschool, her peers won't hesitate to let her know what they think of her behaviour.

Reactions: 9
I think Bailey is still very immature, she knows how she should act and the right things to say at the right time but often at those times it sounds scripted and over the top like she's pretending and comes across as insincere.

Reactions: 4
Have u guys seen the new vlog thatā€™s just came out, Flynnā€™s Birthday. I was appalled at how the older kids responded to the piƱata. It was Flynnā€™s birthday, ā€œhis special dayā€ yet Chris kids took over. The kids who were disrespectful were the oldest two. They took turns hitting the piƱata and every time some sweets would fall the older kids kept quickly taking all the toys and candy, even though you could see Eric or Colleen filled it with things Flynn and the younger boys would like, e.g. little cars! Bailey was really bad as she didnā€™t even give the younger ones a chance to get the sweets hoarding all the candy. The oldest boy Jacob saw the piƱata fall and tipped the entire piƱata out into a pile for himself, even stating ā€œthis is my pileā€ the dad should have stepped in and told them to leave some for the young boy especially Flynn, poor little Duncan was trying to get sweets and even though he couldnā€™t keep up with Bailey and Jacob hoarding all the sweets he gave what little he had to Flynn. Duncan is such a kind clever little boy who is one of the most entertaining kids to watch. Flynn wanted to give his sweets to his mummy, which I thought was sweet. Luke also didnā€™t get a chance to get the sweets but started picking up rocks, poor little thing. At the end you can see Bailey holding a hat full of sweets and toys even though it wasnā€™t mainly for her or for her age! I didnā€™t get why she was hoarding that much, including things like little toy cars, sheā€™s 14. I would been embarrassed at her age to hoard sweets at a 3 year olds birthday party! I just think itā€™s a contrast to how she acts all sweet and caring, when really she does it for the praise from her parents, yet when their is something to gain, you see her true colours. The two oldest must have taken the majority of toys and sweets! Even when Flynn was opening his birthday present Bailey had to be the centre of attention, instead of letting Flynn explore his gift she started taking control by showing him the carrots and vegetables it came with even though he was more interested in looking at the ice cubes that came out at the bottom.
I thought the same thing about the pinata. Clearly Colleen and Eric filled it with things for Flynn and the younger boys. I may be a type-a personality, but it truly made me cringe when Jacob dumped out the contents into his pile and claimed it all. I'm seeing this behavior as a pattern though, having to claim your space and attention when/how you can. I always feel like any opportunity is "look at me", whether it's "good morning everyone" with all the kids fighting to be seen and heard, or at Colleen's house and having performances to get attention. I really hope, beyond what we see in the vlogs, the kids are more passive and allow others to be the center of attention. Otherwise I sincerely worry about how that sinks into how they feel they fit into the world, ya know? Always trying to be seen. Firsthand, I know how hard that is and you never really shake it your entire life, always looking for validation. That's a hard thing to have deep inside.

I also want to say, it's probably pretty easy for kids to be wild at Colleen's house when their mom plants herself on the couch and doesn't engage. I feel like Chris and even Eric and Colleen are the only ones keeping an eye on them. (To be fair, I'm kinda relate to Jessica in that way, for my own reasons, but I'd be hard on myself if I ever let it get that obvious.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
i just canā€™t agree with homeschooling at all. if anyone could teach why do teachers need qualifications to teach? homeschooling your children and teaching them yourself is wrongly assuming anyone could be a teacher
At uni teachers learn quite a lot, but a lot of it is NOT required for home education. Things like classroom management (itā€™s not easy to run a class of 33 or so kids all with differing abilities and understanding), how to do paperwork, how to deliver lessons in a set time to a large group, how to manage their own time, risk assessments, dealing with parents, marking work, safeguarding procedures, and so on.

None of that is required to home educate.

Who better to teach your own child than you? The person who before school would have taught a child to walk, talk, their colours, numbers, nursery rhymes, etc. No teacher could ever know a child as well as their own parent, their strengths and weakness, when to push them and when to pull back. Being able to tailor your childā€™s education to his/her likes, weaknesses, is amazing. My husband left high school with absolutely nothing as he was one of those kids that fell through the cracks and has no book smarts at all.

At the end of the day, home education is all about sharing with your child things you learned when you went to school yourself. A lot of people say they donā€™t feel smart enough or capable to do that, and yet then go ahead and put their children into that same system.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I've been lurking a while, and finally just saw enough to post cause I haven't seen anyone bring it up. But in the Bean Boozled challenge, Jessica is acting very weird like she doesn't really wanna be there and is just there because she hasn't been in a video in a while. She seems overwhelmed by all the kids talking at once and making so much noise. And is sat more off to the side than usual. Seems as though she's loathing the environment they themselves have created amongst their kids since they all talk loud to get more camera time or attention. She keeps burying her hands in her face. And then Bailey with the exaggerated sayings and reactions. I'm cringing. It all gives forced vibes, forced reactions and forced acting. It's usually loud amongst Parker and Jacob and that's why they get alot of camera time but Bailey had stopped doing it for a while and now it's back.

Reactions: 6
I am sorry, but Bailey is so incredibly socially regressed and awkward. She stresses just... In a bizarre way like a mix of Little House on the Prairie and I dunno, a mismatched mess. The way her hair is always messy and in a weird bow, It makes me sad because I think her own mom isn't teaching her how to groom herself appropriately. She is going to be torn to shreds in school. Kids are mean, but she is like asking for it in a way... And it isn't her fault really. Her parents have sheltered them so much. It is good to an extent but she seems almost slow when It comes to social interactions. She doesn't need to be dressing like a Kardashian like some teens do but she also doesn't need to be dressing like a 3 year old either.

I haven't watched the pinata video but I am going to now.

Reactions: 5
I thought the same thing about the pinata. Clearly Colleen and Eric filled it with things for Flynn and the younger boys. I may be a type-a personality, but it truly made me cringe when Jacob dumped out the contents into his pile and claimed it all. I'm seeing this behavior as a pattern though, having to claim your space and attention when/how you can. I always feel like any opportunity is "look at me", whether it's "good morning everyone" with all the kids fighting to be seen and heard, or at Colleen's house and having performances to get attention. I really hope, beyond what we see in the vlogs, the kids are more passive and allow others to be the center of attention. Otherwise I sincerely worry about how that sinks into how they feel they fit into the world, ya know? Always trying to be seen. Firsthand, I know how hard that is and you never really shake it your entire life, always looking for validation. That's a hard thing to have deep inside.

I also want to say, it's probably pretty easy for kids to be wild at Colleen's house when their mom plants herself on the couch and doesn't engage. I feel like Chris and even Eric and Colleen are the only ones keeping an eye on them. (To be fair, I'm kinda relate to Jessica in that way, for my own reasons, but I'd be hard on myself if I ever let it get that obvious.)
i think it's because they don't get treats and things, so when they get the opportunity for candy etc they can't control themselves.

Reactions: 2
New here! After watching the video of them at Flynnā€™s birthday I HAD to say something. First off, iā€™m really glad the beginning of the video was just Duncan and Chris building Flynnā€™s present, Duncan deserves some undivided attention and I know he is the closest to Flynn so I feel like it was special Duncan was the one to build it. Next, I cannot believe Parker (it was Parker right?) was singing Happy Birthday to Flynn like that. You could tell Colleen was even questioning it. Especially looking at it KNOWING it was Wesleyā€™s first day home. As for the piƱata, I could not believe my eyes. I donā€™t think Bailey, Jake, or Parker should have even been participating since it was Flynnā€™s birthday and heā€™s only 3. I think Chris did all that he could to stop them without ruining the video tbh because it wasnā€™t only a video for viewers but also for Colleen since she had to leave. I also think it was probably awkward for Erik because theyā€™re not his kids and saying something would have been weird. The only good parts of the video was Duncan helping Chris in the beginning and then the short periods where it was just the younger ones playing. Honestly cannot imagine what Erikā€™s parents think since they were here for this.

Reactions: 10
Jessica really canā€™t get off her arse to do anything can she? Everyone doing the Christmas village and sheā€™s nowhere to be seen.

Jessica really canā€™t get off her arse to do anything can she? Everyone doing the Christmas village and sheā€™s nowhere to be seen.
Think she likes having a baby as a good excuse for not getting up.. oh I canā€™t get up the baby is feeding, oh i canā€™t get up the baby fell asleep on me and I couldnt possibly move and put the baby down šŸ™„

Reactions: 2
New here! After watching the video of them at Flynnā€™s birthday I HAD to say something. First off, iā€™m really glad the beginning of the video was just Duncan and Chris building Flynnā€™s present, Duncan deserves some undivided attention and I know he is the closest to Flynn so I feel like it was special Duncan was the one to build it. Next, I cannot believe Parker (it was Parker right?) was singing Happy Birthday to Flynn like that. You could tell Colleen was even questioning it. Especially looking at it KNOWING it was Wesleyā€™s first day home. As for the piƱata, I could not believe my eyes. I donā€™t think Bailey, Jake, or Parker should have even been participating since it was Flynnā€™s birthday and heā€™s only 3. I think Chris did all that he could to stop them without ruining the video tbh because it wasnā€™t only a video for viewers but also for Colleen since she had to leave. I also think it was probably awkward for Erik because theyā€™re not his kids and saying something would have been weird. The only good parts of the video was Duncan helping Chris in the beginning and then the short periods where it was just the younger ones playing. Honestly cannot imagine what Erikā€™s parents think since they were here for this.
Iā€™ve been waiting for someone to comment on the way Parker was singing happy birthday to Flynn! Looking at Colleenā€™s face says it all. Not sure why no one has stopped them from singing like that.

Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve been waiting for someone to comment on the way Parker was singing happy birthday to Flynn! Looking at Colleenā€™s face says it all. Not sure why no one has stopped them from singing like that.
Sometimes children do things that makes people laugh, but then when they keep doing it over and over it grows tiresome and turns from funny to annoying... it's not always obvious to children so it's important to teach them that their behaviour is no longer funny and might actually be rude or annoying others... it seems sometimes the Ballinger children don't ever get told when to stop and this isn't the time/place to be 'funny'.

Reactions: 8
Rachel really seems to have pushed Blaze out. It all seems to be little dog now šŸ™„

Rachel really seems to have pushed Blaze out. It all seems to be little dog now šŸ™„
Heā€™s stuck in the garage all the time as GF donā€™t get on with blaze.
In actual fact the more and more I watch GF seems quite controlling and her brother has moved in and it seems like theyā€™re both scrounging off Rachaelā€¦. pair of leaches.

GF gets a relaxation room and Racheal donā€™t even have an office and when she does itā€™s out in the garage.

I loved GF at first but the more Iā€™m watching the more red flags I see.

Blaze was there first, cya later Abbie and Little dog.

N Racheal check in with yourself poor blaze!!! PS GF ā€œcoldā€ right in time for thanksgiving which allowed thanksgiving to be spent with her family itā€™s convenientā€¦ wake up. Please.

I don't generally watch their channel any more, but after the comments here I had to go and snark watch. Once again Jessica parks herself on the couch and is not seen doing anything parenting her kids apart from the baby. Parker's attention seeking singing was awful - he should have been asked to stop - the problem is though that he has always been encouraged with the attention seeking behaviour e.g. imitating Miranda - I guess it was seen as being cute when he was a preschooler, but now that he is older it's just bratty. Duncan was the sweetest giving pinata treats to Flynn. Bailey and Jacob's behaviour in relation to the pinata was just absolutely awful. They should have been told to stop and to share things with the younger kids - Chris was too busy filming though and Jessica of course was no where to be seen. God forbid that she actually parent all of the 6 kids that she chose to have. And poor wee Luke - Chris runs himself ragged parenting the lot of them and trying to give Luke the extra support that he needs - it honestly wasn't a good idea for them to have yet another baby so close to Luke - he wasn't ready to be pushed aside by his mother.

Reactions: 7
Heā€™s stuck in the garage all the time as GF donā€™t get on with blaze.
In actual fact the more and more I watch GF seems quite controlling and her brother has moved in and it seems like theyā€™re both scrounging off Rachaelā€¦. pair of leaches.

GF gets a relaxation room and Racheal donā€™t even have an office and when she does itā€™s out in the garage.

I loved GF at first but the more Iā€™m watching the more red flags I see.

Blaze was there first, cya later Abbie and Little dog.

N Racheal check in with yourself poor blaze!!! PS GF ā€œcoldā€ right in time for thanksgiving which allowed thanksgiving to be spent with her family itā€™s convenientā€¦ wake up. Please.
Completely agree with you

Completely agree with you
yeah i said ages ago that gf gave me bad vibes, at first it was great to see Rachel living her new life but soon that all "burning every birdge form my family to embrace gf's" was a huge red flag for me... surely gf replaced a loooot of rachel's life anchors by her own; new friends, new family, new house, new dogs...

yeah i said ages ago that gf gave me bad vibes, at first it was great to see Rachel living her new life but soon that all "burning every birdge form my family to embrace gf's" was a huge red flag for me... surely gf replaced a loooot of rachel's life anchors by her own; new friends, new family, new house, new dogs...
I think itā€™s totally unfair to kick her dogs out in place of her girlfriends. Like blaze is stuck in the garage while the ā€œin trendā€ dog is chilling on the bed. Iā€™m sorry, but if my partner came into my life with a dog and made mine go in the garage Iā€™d tell him where the door is!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Dying at Jessica doing puzzles in order to ā€˜declutterā€™ and in front of her thereā€™s a counter covered in stuff. She just wants to sit and do a puzzle and call it tidying. Ok girl.

• Haha
I think itā€™s totally unfair to kick her dogs out in place of her girlfriends. Like blaze is stuck in the garage while the ā€œin trendā€ dog is chilling on the bed. Iā€™m sorry, but if my partner came into my life with a dog and made mine go in the garage Iā€™d tell him where the door is!
Im just hoping it doesnt turn Blaze it to a nasty dog. Pits have a bad rep and because of how Blaze was I realised theyre not all like that.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.