Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christopher making a pointed comment in the latest vlog. ‘Jessica’s preparing the video and Bailey’s having a shower. Just because you don’t see things on camera doesn’t mean people aren’t doing things.’

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Christopher making a pointed comment in the latest vlog. ‘Jessica’s preparing the video and Bailey’s having a shower. Just because you don’t see things on camera doesn’t mean people aren’t doing things.’
I noticed that!

He also addressed Duncan riding in the stroller. Someone’s been reading here or is getting a lot of comments similar to what we talk about on here.

Reactions: 3
Bailey’s going to high school.
I really don't think she'll cope. After the initial fun and excitment fades and the reality sets in there will be a reason for her to drop out. She'll get a part in a show so can't commit to both school and acting, or the work will be too easy, or she'll publish a book and go on a book tour. Who knows what reason they'll come up with, but I really don't think she'll last more than a year or 2.

Reactions: 4
I really don't think she'll cope. After the initial fun and excitment fades and the reality sets in there will be a reason for her to drop out. She'll get a part in a show so can't commit to both school and acting, or the work will be too easy, or she'll publish a book and go on a book tour. Who knows what reason they'll come up with, but I really don't think she'll last more than a year or 2.
Agreed, I'll be surprised if she sticks it out for the whole of high school. But hopefully she'll make some good friends and enjoy it. I think it will be good for her anyway as she gets older and Luke & Teddy get older and they start homeschooling too and with Luke additional needs it'll be a lot for their parents to homeschool so many kids and balancing all of their needs.

Reactions: 1
I really hope Bailey doesn’t get bullied when she goes to high school. She’s very over dramatic

Reactions: 8
you can see from her reactions that she really wants to learn the traditional way, but i do think it will be a shock, mainly the difficulty and being evaluated

Reactions: 2
you can see from her reactions that she really wants to learn the traditional way, but i do think it will be a shock, mainly the difficulty and being evaluated
Can they hold her back a year if she doesn't meet the standard at the evaluation?

I'm actually more curious how Bailey will do going to school with the pandemic. They've been so careful (which is great).

And I absolutely get the sense Christopher is reading some feedback. Not only the comments lately, but also focusing how productive Jessica was at home when he took all the kids to the harbor. I can't imagine that kind of pressure to always try to combat public judgement.

Reactions: 5
It's great that Bailey is going to high school, but will she actually fit in at all with the 'Little House on the Prairie immaturity'? I imagine that it will put Chris under even more pressure as a parent though - Jessica basically sits on her fat arse (generally in bed) with the babies. He does everything else (including trying to deal with Luke's extra needs.

Reactions: 6
I hope she gets a wake up call and maybe even some new found resentment for how much Jessica and Chris have stunted her social skills. I cannot imagine her being able to cope well with going to high school where kids curse, have romantic relationships, have their own social media accounts NOT run by their mom, and some of them even do drugs as young as she is. It’s going to be a culture shock for sure but hopefully Bailey takes it in stride, pushes her little siblings to experience high school as well and learns from it. I genuinely think Chris and Jessica could have potentially done so much damage by making these kids entire social circle their family and youtube friends. Idk what they’re thinking.

Reactions: 6
I hope she gets a wake up call and maybe even some new found resentment for how much Jessica and Chris have stunted her social skills. I cannot imagine her being able to cope well with going to high school where kids curse, have romantic relationships, have their own social media accounts NOT run by their mom, and some of them even do drugs as young as she is. It’s going to be a culture shock for sure but hopefully Bailey takes it in stride, pushes her little siblings to experience high school as well and learns from it. I genuinely think Chris and Jessica could have potentially done so much damage by making these kids entire social circle their family and youtube friends. Idk what they’re thinking.
You are right. This could really be the making of Bailey but she's so sheltered and the books she reads are far too young for her, so she may struggle academically as well. I looked up one of them the other day and it said for ages 8+. I do hope she becomes adjusted there. It does sound like a private school though so might be slightly more sheltered anyway.

Is anyone taking bets on how long she'll last?

I think she’ll try and last if she loves the school which it sounds like she does. I just think she’ll get a shock and probably be exhausted having to sit at a desk and work from 8-2 or whatever the hours are. And I think some of the work she’ll be a bit surprised me, I think she struggles with maths so hopefully she’s not too far behind.

Personally, I’d like to have heard more on how the lottery worked. I’m a little bit dubious that it was so fast and everyone assigned the numbers 1-217 gets in. That sounds to me like they’ve assigned the numbers to the children they want before and said they’re in. The lottery I’ve seen before in New York was selected live and was totally random. I can’t think how it’s a lottery if 1-217 are in. It might be that it worked differently but was still random but I just can’t think of how that worked.

Reactions: 1
You are right. This could really be the making of Bailey but she's so sheltered and the books she reads are far too young for her, so she may struggle academically as well. I looked up one of them the other day and it said for ages 8+. I do hope she becomes adjusted there. It does sound like a private school though so might be slightly more sheltered anyway.

I think Chris said in the vlog it’s a public school but I could be wrong. I’m actually pleased she’s going to school, think it’ll do her good. I don’t, however, think she’ll last long. It’s going to be a massive shock, it generally is for people who went to school their whole lives so I don’t see it being an easy transition.

I think 6 months or even less. Hopefully she lasts long enough to realise that her life (and the other kids lives) aren't normal. That normal, every day families don't use their kids for youtube content, and for their only source of income. Can you imagine how much she will be rubbished if she starts talking about 'Ballinger Family' as if it's a normal way to live, and if other students go through the channel? What do your mum and dad do for a living? They film us kids and put it on the internet for strangers to look at.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.