Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think 6 months or even less. Hopefully she lasts long enough to realise that her life (and the other kids lives) aren't normal. That normal, every day families don't use their kids for youtube content, and for their only source of income. Can you imagine how much she will be rubbished if she starts talking about 'Ballinger Family' as if it's a normal way to live, and if other students go through the channel? What do your mum and dad do for a living? They film us kids and put it on the internet for strangers to look at.
I would be really interested to know whether today’s teenagers would think that was actually really cool or would hate to be filmed like that. When working in high schools a lot of kids mentioned becoming YouTubers as they think it’s an easy fun way to make money and so many teens are engaged with and posting on tiktok.

Reactions: 3
I would be really interested to know whether today’s teenagers would think that was actually really cool or would hate to be filmed like that. When working in high schools a lot of kids mentioned becoming YouTubers as they think it’s an easy fun way to make money and so many teens are engaged with and posting on tiktok.
I feel like a lot of teens today like the idea of filming content themselves and making money that way. However are probably glad their parents aren’t YouTubers sharing their entire lives online. I don’t really keep up with the Ballingers but might just to see how Bailey starting school goes.

I feel like a lot of teens today like the idea of filming content themselves and making money that way. However are probably glad their parents aren’t YouTubers sharing their entire lives online. I don’t really keep up with the Ballingers but might just to see how Bailey starting school goes.
today teenager here. no one would think baileys cool. at all. in fact she’s at risk of being bullied bc her entire life is up online including all her embarrassing moments

Hopefully the kids at this new school are nice - but if they’re anything like the kids I went to school with (I only graduated 5 years ago) they will be absolute a**holes who don’t understand how bullying effects people. I mean dang, I am STILL effected negatively by some of the crap my bullies pulled on me.

I am genuinely concerned that she will be so far behind that she won’t be able to stay even if she wants to. My science, math, and english classes were HARD my freshmen year. And I was doing actual school my whole life not Harry Potter math classes…

Bailey is very confident in how “great” she is at math and school in general, so I really hope going and being beyond behind won’t hurt her confidence much. She’s a really sweet girl and it isn’t her fault her parents didn’t care to homeschool her properly. I think they should have pushed their kids to start public school around middle school age - like 10-11. I think that would have made a world of a difference. But they can’t stand not being hover parents.

Reactions: 1
Do you think that the kids from the family channels ever get to the point that they realise that they have been their family's income earners, so they expect/ demand the money? Do families like the Ballingers have trust funds set up for their kids with the income that they have earned? They should definitely all be well set us with funds to see them right through college? I don't think that the Ballingers are as successful as they'd like to be (hence trying to ride off Colleen's awful coat tails) so possibly not?

Reactions: 2
i just think it will be hard for her because so far she’s only learned what she liked, in school you have to learn everything whether you like it and are good at it or not

Reactions: 4
she’ll also realise she’s not a child anymore, she won’t be treated like one and realise her peers behave very differently than her, they’ll probably behave more like teenagers, less childish, more mature, it will probably be hard to adjust

Reactions: 2
I remember my friend once had a kid who had been homeschooled their entire life come to her class. The kid didn’t understand the classroom dynamic and would speak when the teacher or other students would talk, and shout out answers or would give comments or opinions on everything. The kid also didn’t pick up on basic social norms. Bailey seems like a nice enough kid but I don't know how she would function. Even during the lottery vlog when she put that big ass bow in her hair I winced, she sticks out like a sore thumb. I know that if she would enter my school she’d be eaten alive. bless her !

Reactions: 11
I remember my friend once had a kid who had been homeschooled their entire life come to her class. The kid didn’t understand the classroom dynamic and would speak when the teacher or other students would talk, and shout out answers or would give comments or opinions on everything. The kid also didn’t pick up on basic social norms. Bailey seems like a nice enough kid but I don't know how she would function. Even during the lottery vlog when she put that big ass bow in her hair I winced, she sticks out like a sore thumb. I know that if she would enter my school she’d be eaten alive. bless her !

I'm pretty concerned about how she would act since she doesn't seem to have any friends outside of her family. If she did, you'd think they would be there for her birthday. The kids seem to only play with their cousins. They might have friends with the other kids in their online classes that they attend but other than that they seem pretty lonely.

I guess that's what happens when you homeschool a child though.

I think she’ll try and last if she loves the school which it sounds like she does. I just think she’ll get a shock and probably be exhausted having to sit at a desk and work from 8-2 or whatever the hours are. And I think some of the work she’ll be a bit surprised me, I think she struggles with maths so hopefully she’s not too far behind.

Personally, I’d like to have heard more on how the lottery worked. I’m a little bit dubious that it was so fast and everyone assigned the numbers 1-217 gets in. That sounds to me like they’ve assigned the numbers to the children they want before and said they’re in. The lottery I’ve seen before in New York was selected live and was totally random. I can’t think how it’s a lottery if 1-217 are in. It might be that it worked differently but was still random but I just can’t think of how that worked.
numbers can be assigned randomly...

thank you for that detailed and helpful explanation that really helped me to understand with what I was struggling with.
no need to be snarky , sorry i tend to be brief as English is not my first language

so what i meant was

maybe they have a list of applicants , when people arrive on the premices , they assign then m a random number between 1 and....54654684654.

and then they announce " if your number is between 1 and...217 you're in"

they even can draw the range of the numbers for example oh today " numbers between 258 and 456 are in"... so the "ceremony" can be quite short.

sorry again if i'm not clear or if my answer is too short for your taste.

I don’t know why but I have this gut feeling that Bailey has a mean streak

Reactions: 5
God, I feel so bad for Flynn... I was watching Colleen's new vlog and during the advent calendar opening, Flynn knew exactly where and how to show what he got, and that definitely says something. His life is being documented for everyone to see and he doesn't even know how it works. Colleen has taught him how to do these things which is horrible since he is so young. You can see every day of his life ever since he was an infant.

Another vlog starting with Chris addressing something we discuss on here. Making sure to read us the whole schedule for the day. ‘We’re so busy’. Yes so busy that your schedule actually includes all sitting together opening advent calendars and then driving to Starbucks. Also the older kids only do like 3 classes a day.

Another vlog starting with Chris addressing something we discuss on here. Making sure to read us the whole schedule for the day. ‘We’re so busy’. Yes so busy that your schedule actually includes all sitting together opening advent calendars and then driving to Starbucks. Also the older kids only do like 3 classes a day.
It was a list of all the things Chris has to do before Jess gets her arse out of bed!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have u guys seen the new vlog that’s just came out, Flynn’s Birthday. I was appalled at how the older kids responded to the piñata. It was Flynn’s birthday, “his special day” yet Chris kids took over. The kids who were disrespectful were the oldest two. They took turns hitting the piñata and every time some sweets would fall the older kids kept quickly taking all the toys and candy, even though you could see Eric or Colleen filled it with things Flynn and the younger boys would like, e.g. little cars! Bailey was really bad as she didn’t even give the younger ones a chance to get the sweets hoarding all the candy. The oldest boy Jacob saw the piñata fall and tipped the entire piñata out into a pile for himself, even stating “this is my pile” the dad should have stepped in and told them to leave some for the young boy especially Flynn, poor little Duncan was trying to get sweets and even though he couldn’t keep up with Bailey and Jacob hoarding all the sweets he gave what little he had to Flynn. Duncan is such a kind clever little boy who is one of the most entertaining kids to watch. Flynn wanted to give his sweets to his mummy, which I thought was sweet. Luke also didn’t get a chance to get the sweets but started picking up rocks, poor little thing. At the end you can see Bailey holding a hat full of sweets and toys even though it wasn’t mainly for her or for her age! I didn’t get why she was hoarding that much, including things like little toy cars, she’s 14. I would been embarrassed at her age to hoard sweets at a 3 year olds birthday party! I just think it’s a contrast to how she acts all sweet and caring, when really she does it for the praise from her parents, yet when their is something to gain, you see her true colours. The two oldest must have taken the majority of toys and sweets! Even when Flynn was opening his birthday present Bailey had to be the centre of attention, instead of letting Flynn explore his gift she started taking control by showing him the carrots and vegetables it came with even though he was more interested in looking at the ice cubes that came out at the bottom.

Reactions: 11
Yep, just watched it myself and at her age Bailey definitely should’ve been able to stand back and watch. Flynn gathering the sweets for Flynn was very thoughtful, he’s a lovely little boy.

Have u guys seen the new vlog that’s just came out, Flynn’s Birthday. I was appalled at how the older kids responded to the piñata. It was Flynn’s birthday, “his special day” yet Chris kids took over. The kids who were disrespectful were the oldest two. They took turns hitting the piñata and every time some sweets would fall the older kids kept quickly taking all the toys and candy, even though you could see Eric or Colleen filled it with things Flynn and the younger boys would like, e.g. little cars! Bailey was really bad as she didn’t even give the younger ones a chance to get the sweets hoarding all the candy. The oldest boy Jacob saw the piñata fall and tipped the entire piñata out into a pile for himself, even stating “this is my pile” the dad should have stepped in and told them to leave some for the young boy especially Flynn, poor little Duncan was trying to get sweets and even though he couldn’t keep up with Bailey and Jacob hoarding all the sweets he gave what little he had to Flynn. Duncan is such a kind clever little boy who is one of the most entertaining kids to watch. Flynn wanted to give his sweets to his mummy, which I thought was sweet. Luke also didn’t get a chance to get the sweets but started picking up rocks, poor little thing. At the end you can see Bailey holding a hat full of sweets and toys even though it wasn’t mainly for her or for her age! I didn’t get why she was hoarding that much, including things like little toy cars, she’s 14. I would been embarrassed at her age to hoard sweets at a 3 year olds birthday party! I just think it’s a contrast to how she acts all sweet and caring, when really she does it for the praise from her parents, yet when their is something to gain, you see her true colours. The two oldest must have taken the majority of toys and sweets! Even when Flynn was opening his birthday present Bailey had to be the centre of attention, instead of letting Flynn explore his gift she started taking control by showing him the carrots and vegetables it came with even though he was more interested in looking at the ice cubes that came out at the bottom.
Agree, I get being excited on behalf on making it fun for the younger ones but they could have easily grabbed a few of their fave sweets not everything they could get her hands on. It does make me cringe the like pride in doing well in a game when her competitors are half her size

Honestly, I don’t even know why she participated at all in the piñata. She’s literally 14. Like that is the age where you stand back and let the little kids have their fun. It’s just so bizarre, I’m sorry.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.