Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't know if it's just me, (I just finished watching their latest video) but I think I'm done with their channel, it's just so cringey and the kids are obviously just acting out for attention and the adults are solely filming for monetary gain. I don't agree with family channels anymore and I just don't think it's my taste or alot of people's taste anymore. Alot of us have noticed red flags with the family and they never address it on their channel or give explanations or even try and change their filming tactics to not only benefit their children but to benefit themselves. The behavior is just just too much for me as a person to handle. I feel as though it's morally incorrect to continue watching a train wreck. Jessica always has the baby in her arms and does not do anything other than hold him. Chris is absolutely fucking struggling and just accepts drowning. And the children are spoiled and bratty and refuse to grow out of being 5 or mature. Their children's growth is stunted because of their parents and their need to be in front of the camera because to them it equates to attention. They need therapy. All of them. From the children in an over crowded house fighting to be better than their other siblings to the parents that ignore their obvious problems. It's frustrating and tiring to see. It's not "fun" like they view it, or "cute". It's fucking sad. And i feel like the more views they get or the more people keep quiet the more they'll do the same toxic behaviors or think the way they're living is acceptable. The more it'll encourage the behavior in their children. The more it'll encourage the behavior in them as parents. I just don't think it's ok or fine. Their oldest is literally eating out of a 5 yr olds lunch try with divided portion squares. And she's 14. It's just too much. If the media caught wind of a celebrity doing that they would have a frenzy and a world of hate on them. It's not normal!!! This is not a normal family!!!!! This is not ok!!!!! They're doing this all for the camera!!!!!

Reactions: 16

Kitt

VIP Member
I find Bailey’s reaction on the FaceTime so forced and cringe. She’s like trying to cry and then she’s like emphatically saying how ARE you? I love you SO MUCH. It’s like she’s simultaneously far too young for her age but also trying to act like Jessica’s grown up bestie. It’s bizarre.

Reactions: 16

Be_kind

Yes Parker is doing the mini Miranda stuff to keep Colleen's attention and I bet secretly glad when she had a miscarriage because he can keep getting the attention and you are right the older children should be calling her auntie Colleen by now.
Such a horrible thing to say about a child wtf

Reactions: 13
Did anyone watch the "Chinese food" video, I cringed the entire time, from Parker squealing at such a high pitch every 5minutes, no lie, that hurt my ears a bit because it was ALOT, but also Baileys exaggerated moans and noises over the food. No. Nooooo. She's gonna start school soon and that's gonna be one of the most recent videos and she's gonna get bullied beyond belief for it. It was just too much. Christopher is genuine and tries but his kids just don't match his vibe. I think if Chris did his own thing he would get alot more views than if he included his kids. I'd rather see a series of videos from Chris where he by himself were to try new things that weren't accompanied by a "mmmmmm so goooooood the best food ever" or "AHHHHHHH SO YUMMY" or *exaggerated eye look*. I feel the way Chris explains something is very smart and descriptive, not to mention the cool shots he gets and how creative he is. If he just wanted to branch out and do something on his own it would be better than continually putting his family out there. It's a bit exploitative when in reality all he needs is himself to get the views.

Reactions: 13

Zegbru

I really wish Jessica would stop using the word "infertility" within her pregnancy videos. It's incredibly incredibly insensitive to people who have actual.infertiliy issues and don't have 6 kids.

Reactions: 12

hkgdancer07

i have many opinions on this family and i'm been on and off reading this thread for a while, but i'm going to start with my concerns on bailey.
i'm 8 months older than bailey, and i act completely different. i've been going to public school my whole life and being at public highschool really makes me worry for her. i'm honestly worried she's going to get bullied when she does start at highschool, bc of the YEARS of content on youtube available to anyone.
and she's very behind on her development, like she goes out in mismatched socks and messy hair, in one vlog unsure which one she specifically said "i didn't brush my hair today bc it looks grrreaatt"and in her 14th birthday vlog, the gifts she received are things i would have asked for at age 10 or 11. also, does she (and jacob i guess) have a cell phone? seeing as she is going to go to highschool she needs one to stay in contact with her parents, and she also is never online without supervision which yes it's good her parents monitor but her insta bio literally said my mom runs this account. it's going to be a real shock when she enters the real world (if she ever truly does enter it).
another thing, at their house before it was flooded, she was sharing a room with her 2 year old brother, not only does Luke have medical attention needs, but Bailey is 14, i have a younger brother only 4 years younger and sharing a room with him would honestly be a nightmare, i know bailey said she wants to share with Luke, but idk something just seems off.
i have opinions on Jessica (she's creeps me out if i'm being honest) but i'll share that another time lol.
ik some of this might be for religious reasons, but i mean i'm christian and go to youth group and church but my childhood has honestly been so different than Bailey, and i'm worried her adulthood (even late teenage years) are gonna be interesting, she's forsure going to at somepoint have a rebellious phase haha.
if you read through this thanks, sorry it was long, and i typically never make fun or comment on these types of things just thought i'd share my thoughts :) hope yall have a good rest of your day

Kitt

VIP Member
Just watched the video and whilst I believe it must really suck to have the hives and be trying different medicines that aren’t working, I do take everything he’s saying with a pinch of salt because the Ballingers are so dramatic about everything. He wasn’t just dizzy, he had to go into all the different ways he was dizzy. It’s all just a bit much. He even used the phrase ‘go into remission’ at one point and that’s usually something you say about cancer and just highlights the dramatics this family like to go into. Also he hasn’t shaved to help show how ‘rough’ it’s been. Even something that small is calculated for YouTube.

Side note: he says at night he gets up and brings Teddy to Jessica and she nurses him and then he takes Teddy back to bed. Illustrates Jessica’s laziness perfectly - she can’t get up to get the baby she just sits there with a boob out. I bet she then has a lie in with the baby while Chris gets up and sorts all the other kids out even though he was up all night too. Stress related hives perhaps Chris??

Last edited:

Kitt

VIP Member
I honestly don’t find Chris creepy at all. I think he seems like a good guy who has a lot of time for his kids.

So I just watched an new upload... Chris is super stressed, he's having trouble with hives.... Since October!!!! And yet all we saw on camera was Chris trying to super hard to juggle all the kids. This is too much. Why is Jessica not helping? Am I the only one that feels an anger for him? He has to deal with so much. On top of the house flooding imagine struggling with the hives, and still parenting all 6 kids, and the dog!!! Too much. Chris if you read this, cause I know Jessica will 🙄 I hope you get better

Barmybarney

So I just watched an new upload... Chris is super stressed, he's having trouble with hives.... Since October!!!! And yet all we saw on camera was Chris trying to super hard to juggle all the kids. This is too much. Why is Jessica not helping? Am I the only one that feels an anger for him? He has to deal with so much. On top of the house flooding imagine struggling with the hives, and still parenting all 6 kids, and the dog!!! Too much. Chris if you read this, cause I know Jessica will 🙄 I hope you get better
I did laugh at the bit about how much Jessica as taken over a few things and how much she does..... especially when he mentioned he normally wraps the presents but Jessica did it this year which perfectly explains why we moved to wrapping the presents in a baby blanket! 🙄
Poor Chris, knew something was right for a while, he has looked burnt out.

Reactions: 11
Have u guys seen the new vlog that’s just came out, Flynn’s Birthday. I was appalled at how the older kids responded to the piñata. It was Flynn’s birthday, “his special day” yet Chris kids took over. The kids who were disrespectful were the oldest two. They took turns hitting the piñata and every time some sweets would fall the older kids kept quickly taking all the toys and candy, even though you could see Eric or Colleen filled it with things Flynn and the younger boys would like, e.g. little cars! Bailey was really bad as she didn’t even give the younger ones a chance to get the sweets hoarding all the candy. The oldest boy Jacob saw the piñata fall and tipped the entire piñata out into a pile for himself, even stating “this is my pile” the dad should have stepped in and told them to leave some for the young boy especially Flynn, poor little Duncan was trying to get sweets and even though he couldn’t keep up with Bailey and Jacob hoarding all the sweets he gave what little he had to Flynn. Duncan is such a kind clever little boy who is one of the most entertaining kids to watch. Flynn wanted to give his sweets to his mummy, which I thought was sweet. Luke also didn’t get a chance to get the sweets but started picking up rocks, poor little thing. At the end you can see Bailey holding a hat full of sweets and toys even though it wasn’t mainly for her or for her age! I didn’t get why she was hoarding that much, including things like little toy cars, she’s 14. I would been embarrassed at her age to hoard sweets at a 3 year olds birthday party! I just think it’s a contrast to how she acts all sweet and caring, when really she does it for the praise from her parents, yet when their is something to gain, you see her true colours. The two oldest must have taken the majority of toys and sweets! Even when Flynn was opening his birthday present Bailey had to be the centre of attention, instead of letting Flynn explore his gift she started taking control by showing him the carrots and vegetables it came with even though he was more interested in looking at the ice cubes that came out at the bottom.

Makaalbarn

I remember my friend once had a kid who had been homeschooled their entire life come to her class. The kid didn’t understand the classroom dynamic and would speak when the teacher or other students would talk, and shout out answers or would give comments or opinions on everything. The kid also didn’t pick up on basic social norms. Bailey seems like a nice enough kid but I don't know how she would function. Even during the lottery vlog when she put that big ass bow in her hair I winced, she sticks out like a sore thumb. I know that if she would enter my school she’d be eaten alive. bless her !

Kosher Pig

What bugged me is that Jessica said she has PCOS and struggles to get pregnant. Dude! You're 37 and on your 6th! There are people out there who really struggle to conceive one. Just felt like a slap in the face.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Love how he has to keep referring to how much Jessica does. He either reads here or gets comments elsewhere about Jessica’s laziness. I they obviously feel like they need to prove something cause they bring it up a lot.
It's totally obvious that Chris is the parent doing almost everything. It's also totally obvious that he is super stressed because of it - he had shingles, now he has the hives issue. They really need to find a way to lower his stress or else he really is a risk of being the younger person who has a stress induced heart attack. Here's some suggestions for them: Re-home the dog - it was a stupid idea to get one and just adds to his workload and stress. Send Bailey, Jacob, and Parker to public school; and Duncan to pre-school. That would give him some breathing space. Hire a weekly cleaner. Chris should take a two-week holiday somewhere, just by himself.

BustySinclair

Chatty Member
I’m not going to pretend I’m happy for them. Those poor children... the more babies they have, the less time and attention the other kids get. Especially Luke who may or may not have problems. I think Jessica is just addicted to pregnancy a la Sue Radford

• Heart
Just watched the Easter vlog, one thing I alway notice is Colleen is always doing things for Christopher and Jessica’s kids, but they never do shit for Flynn or Colleen! Also whenever Jessica is at Colleens house she’s always sat on the couch, doesn’t get involved with the kids! Jessica and Christopher never seem to spend much on the kids cos they know granny and Colleen will fork out something nice for them!

Kitt

VIP Member
Just watching the thanksgiving vlog. Jessica’s dinner looked vile and I cringed so hard when Bailey sang haha

Also very much admire Colleen’s strength in hosting that big day and being so cheerful when her two little babies are in the NICU. It must be so so hard.

Rachel really seems to have pushed Blaze out. It all seems to be little dog now 🙄
He’s stuck in the garage all the time as GF don’t get on with blaze.
In actual fact the more and more I watch GF seems quite controlling and her brother has moved in and it seems like they’re both scrounging off Rachael…. pair of leaches.

GF gets a relaxation room and Racheal don’t even have an office and when she does it’s out in the garage.

I loved GF at first but the more I’m watching the more red flags I see.

Blaze was there first, cya later Abbie and Little dog.

N Racheal check in with yourself poor blaze!!! PS GF “cold” right in time for thanksgiving which allowed thanksgiving to be spent with her family it’s convenient… wake up. Please.

Reactions: 10

Kitt

VIP Member
Tell us you read tattle without saying you read tattle
the thing is, in a way, they are doing great. Their kids are lovely and they’re all doing fine so professionals aren’t going to have anything to say.

HOWEVER, from what we see Jessica seems so so lazy and Chris does a lot. That’s the main criticism. A lot of us also think that these kids are overly sheltered and need to go to school. We are allowed to have that opinion.

Also they use their children for views to make their income. They are putting their lives out there… so we have every right to have an opinion. Our views pay for their lifestyle. Personally, I don’t comment on videos or message on social media with criticism. I have every right to discuss what I don’t agree with from their videos in this space. If she does read here, that’s on her.

If you’re making money from your children then you may have to take some flack along the way about how you’re doing that.

jellybat

i've noticed that the kids (esp bailey) overreact when they're eating/tasting something.. for example in todays video she's groaning, closing her eyes and putting on an exaggerated voice saying 'its soooooohhh goooud' .. it's so awkward to watch! i guess thats what happens when you're constantly in front of a camera.