Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Besides Colleen, are the Ballingers really rich? I don’t understand how they can afford all these children, especially as they get older and require more expenses.

Reactions: 2
Besides Colleen, are the Ballingers really rich? I don’t understand how they can afford all these children, especially as they get older and require more expenses.
I don't think they are, they get a lot of gifted stuff and stuff from Colleen. It seems their house is too small for all of those people! Also, they home-school and it's a total mess

Reactions: 1
I don't think they are, they get a lot of gifted stuff and stuff from Colleen. It seems their house is too small for all of those people! Also, they home-school and it's a total mess
I agree but the amount of stuff Jessica orders might suggest otherwise? Just look at how much those children get for Christmas (if you want to spoilt them and have the money that’s fine!) but that amount of money on 5 children, now 6, must mean that they’re somewhat stable. I remember as well that when they first got Rue, Christopher did a video of things they had bought and I think he said Jessica ordered a $100 food storage bin for the dog’s food, which just seems very excessive tbh.

Something I noticed in Jacob's Birthday video. Why didn't they give Duncan something to give to Jacob for his birthday? He was so upset. Why couldn't they get something cheap and have him wrap it up? Surely Parker and Bailey didn't pay for those gifts

Reactions: 4
Something I noticed in Jacob's Birthday video. Why didn't they give Duncan something to give to Jacob for his birthday? He was so upset. Why couldn't they get something cheap and have him wrap it up? Surely Parker and Bailey didn't pay for those gifts
I know I don’t know why they didn’t let Duncan pick out something to give to him. It made me so so sad to see him realise that everyone else had got him something but him. Parker didn’t drive himself to the shop and buy that or go online and order something totally by himself so I don’t know why they didn’t help Duncan to find something to give to jacob.

I know I don’t know why they didn’t let Duncan pick out something to give to him. It made me so so sad to see him realise that everyone else had got him something but him. Parker didn’t drive himself to the shop and buy that or go online and order something totally by himself so I don’t know why they didn’t help Duncan to find something to give to jacob.
I genuinely think Duncan is the forgotten about child - Bailey is the oldest and only girl, Jacob is quiet but helps out a lot round the house, Parker gets all the views so they love him, Luke has his own needs with the micro deletion and Teddy is obviously the newest member. Duncan seems very screwed on and they might not realise, he used to have the cute factor but he’s growing up now and doesn’t bring anything different, in terms of views to the family.

Reactions: 3
I genuinely think Duncan is the forgotten about child - Bailey is the oldest and only girl, Jacob is quiet but helps out a lot round the house, Parker gets all the views so they love him, Luke has his own needs with the micro deletion and Teddy is obviously the newest member. Duncan seems very screwed on and they might not realise, he used to have the cute factor but he’s growing up now and doesn’t bring anything different, in terms of views to the family.
He's the quintessential middle child - not the oldest boy, not the youngest boy, not the loudest boy etc. He seems pretty intelligent and down-to-earth, but because he's quite reserved he's easily overlooked.

Reactions: 5
This was really sad ....and if in the chaos of having a new baby had actually forgot or thought he wouldn't have cared then in that moment he got upset they should of just grabbed one of the presents and said 'oh Duncan this one was from you' and let him give him any of them!

Reactions: 6
Rachel's give them things before too I think from her videos

This annoys me Duncan is old and sensible enough to walk alongside the pram, if he does start going on long walks he will get lazy like his mother

Just watching the latest vlog. I hate hate hate the homeschool in bed situation. So lazy and unstructured. No differentiation between home/relaxing and school/studying.

Reactions: 9
I've never thought of Duncan as the forgotten child because he's actually my favourite to watch- I think he's so cute and seems so clever for his age. And Duncan and Jacob have the sweetest sibling bond out of all of them.

• Heart
Just watching the latest vlog. I hate hate hate the homeschool in bed situation. So lazy and unstructured. No differentiation between home/relaxing and school/studying.
But education doesn’t necessarily need to be structured. When you are home educated your home IS where you learn, there doesn’t have to be a distinction.

Learning can be relaxing, it shouldn’t have to be the, what is the opposite of relaxing, uncomfortable or uneasy? I learn and work a lot better when I’m relaxed.

But education doesn’t necessarily need to be structured. When you are home educated your home IS where you learn, there doesn’t have to be a distinction.

Learning can be relaxing, it shouldn’t have to be the, what is the opposite of relaxing, uncomfortable or uneasy? I learn and work a lot better when I’m relaxed.
I think it just makes Jessica seem lazy - everyone comes to her whilst she just lies in her bed. She didn't even have the baby with her. She doesn't seem to ever move. The whole homeschool in her bed makes her come across as not putting in effort or caring - like she isn't placing a high value on their education - I'll just lie here in bed whilst I oversee you do your workbooks and read.
I'm sure she does value their education, but the fact she can't even get out of bed to work with the child where they want to work (all come to her) makes it come across as if she can't be bothered.

Totally agree that children should be relaxed to learn however it’s completely possible to be relaxed and happy learning with your mom at a table. I think the main issue is Jessica’s just too lazy to get out of bed.

Totally agree that children should be relaxed to learn however it’s completely possible to be relaxed and happy learning with your mom at a table. I think the main issue is Jessica’s just too lazy to get out of bed.
Couldn’t agree more.

But you initially said there doesn’t seem to be a distinction between home/relaxing and school/studying. My point was that there doesn’t NEED to a distinction.

Jessica is probably lazy as duck though.

Couldn’t agree more.

But you initially said there doesn’t seem to be a distinction between home/relaxing and school/studying. My point was that there doesn’t NEED to a distinction.

Jessica is probably lazy as duck though.
I kind of do think there needs to be a distinction in some way though. They need to know when they’re in ‘homeschool’ mode and need to have some focus and when they’re in ‘home’ mode and are able to just chat to mom and be silly and switch off. A lot of families who homeschool have a little homeschool room or area for this reason. Just gives children clear boundaries and expectations.

The Ballingers will do what they do. I just don’t like the homeschool in bed thing personally.

I kind of do think there needs to be a distinction in some way though. They need to know when they’re in ‘homeschool’ mode and need to have some focus and when they’re in ‘home’ mode and are able to just chat to mom and be silly and switch off. A lot of families who homeschool have a little homeschool room or area for this reason. Just gives children clear boundaries and expectations.

The Ballingers will do what they do. I just don’t like the homeschool in bed thing personally.
I’m in the U.K. and no one has a homeschool room. In fact we don’t even call it homeschool, it’s home education as it’s not school at home. Most people here do their learning at the kitchen table, on the couch, bedroom, outdoors, etc.

The home edders I know would say that there is no such thing as homeschool mode, learning can happen at any time and any where. That’s the joy of not being confined by mainstream schooling, you get to do what suits you and your family.

Reactions: 3
Jessica is getting ripped in the comments of that post on Twitter with Parker and the vaccine 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.