Bad In-Laws Stories.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question for mums of sons.... Do you think you will struggle seeing your son with a girlfriend or wife?

It seems to be so many stories of mums feeling threatened by their daughter in laws!!!
No I won't as long as she was decent. I want my sons to be happy and as long as she made him happy I would be happy 😊

Genuine question for mums of sons.... Do you think you will struggle seeing your son with a girlfriend or wife?

It seems to be so many stories of mums feeling threatened by their daughter in laws!!!
A really good question, and one I've thought of myself even though my son is only a toddler 🤣 I'd like to think not. I'm pretty laid back, and to be honest it is the way of life! Your children are going to grow up and move out and find their own way, that is what our parents and in laws have done after all! I'd want him to be happy, but always would tell him he has a home with me and his dad too.

Reactions: 1
My ML in told me I was broody 9 days after my son passed away. She also blames me for him dying he was stillborn. At his funeral she had it all about her and how she lost her 1st grandchild

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My ML in told me I was broody 9 days after my son passed away. She also blames me for him dying he was stillborn. At his funeral she had it all about her and how she lost her 1st grandchild
I'm so sorry for your loss, and for what your mother in law said. That is truly shocking. Take care, sending love ❤

Reactions: 12
I used to get on with my MIL well until I had my daughter. Shes very different from my own mum, who I would say is my best friend (I know, I know, sickly sweet 🤢) but she (was) lovely still

I now just feel like I was some kind of vessel for my baby and im just ingnored in regards to her. She is obsessed with how much she looks like my partner (even though she’s fair like me, has big eyes like me etc) and how much she loves her daddy “ooooh look she wants her daddy” no she wants me, she’s in a clingy phase, but whatever. She doesn’t chat to me like she used to just ignores me, also puts my daughter in the bouncer the second we go round, then complains we don’t go round enough?

I think in part she’s jealous because my mum sees my daughter more often, but like I said she’s my best mate, we’ve always been close, she just happens to be my mum too. I try and keep it fair so we see her for every time I’ve seen my own, but it’s never as long, not always possible and I’d never go shopping with her alone with my baby. My partner doesn’t like his family much so won’t go on his own 🙄

Always telling me how to parent: she’s teething (but tbf that’s everyone not just her) and telling me she’s hungry. SHES NOT SHES TIRED SHES ALWAYS BLOODY TIRED 😂 telling me I shouldn’t hold her all the time, she’s a baby she should be reassured ffs

My mil comments on everyone's weight. My poor husband put on a few pounds and she was constantly ringing him to go gym with my bil.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the main reason for the issues from my MIL is that she only has one son (my partner) and she’s single and has been since she split from his dad. She relied on my partner for everything ‘manly’ around the house and whereas he’d do it without hesitation when he lived at home, he can no longer do that. We may be busy or have plans, but I think she sees it as he’s putting me first 🤔

Reactions: 2
My husbands egg donor as she’s not got the right to be called a mother abandoned him and his brother when they were 6 & 4, fleeing from a supposed domestic violence situation with his sperm donor - again not fit 2 be parent.

She’s got 3 other boys since DH and his bro 3 boys are ten years younger than my hub. DH was messed up for years so 2 years ago I found her and got them in touch. Turns out since she left she had only been half and hour away the entire time.
DH moves up north to be with me so we met one time and all was good, they talked everyday for months and then we went and stayed a weekend (lasted one day) cause they weren’t arsed about us at all just about her other sons, their partners and kids which aren’t any of her sons.
Hasn’t text him for 2 years and when he says why she says you need to make the effort.

Never met such a fake stuck up nasty old hag in my existence and I told her that to her face because I’m having it 😂 I was diplomatic like.

So moral of the story is I’ve messed him up further 😫 but she’s a horrid person

• Sad
Thats terrible, some people just have an empathy bypass and have never learned basic manners and kindness.I'd have no further contact with her ever again.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My first ‘proper’ boyfriend when I was 17/18’s mother absolutely hated me. She had no reason to, I was always polite etc. I think she thought I was posh basically cos I came from a slightly nicer area, had a car (an old Peugeot) and went to college 🤣

When I was round there and they were all having tea (her, bf and his younger brother and sister) she wouldn’t make me anything and I had to sit upstairs in my bf’s room. Even one time they were getting a takeaway and I said I would pay for my own I still wasn’t allowed and had to sit upstairs on my own!

Another time it was absolutely pissing it down and I saw her walking home with a load of shopping in the rain so I stopped to give her a lift as I was going to pick my bf up from theirs which she wouldn’t accept and just walked back and got soaked instead 🤣

The house was gross and tbf I would never eat anything prepared in that kitchen anyway!

His dad and his gf lived with their 2 young kids in an proper tit tip of a house, the kind you don’t even want to touch anything or sit down 😂 they didn’t work and just sat around smoking all day with their youngest who was about 3 in this minging nicotine stained room 🤢 watching tv and the dad drinking cheap cider. He was racist and used to make misogynistic jokes all the time. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen Black Books when Fran finds her long lost family and they take advantage of her having a car etc but that’s what it was like with them 🤣 all the time they’d ask me to pick them up from the supermarket or take them somewhere to save them getting a bus/taxi. Oh and lend them money. I was 17 🙄 I have no idea why I went along with it as long as I did (relationship was only about a year long) glad I saw sense anyway 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My now ex-SIL was a nightmare.

She was late 30s and still lived at home, had a pigsty room, ate rustler burgers for breakfast and didn’t wash.

We’d only been together for roughly a year and my partners parents were on holiday and asked if he’d pop round and check on the place as she wouldn’t clean and leave plates everywhere. We went round after he’d finished at the gym and so he popped in for a quick shower, whilst I stayed downstairs. His sister came in and accused us (with her new boyfriend in tow) of having sex in the shower whilst she was out. She kept saying ‘with her’ and completely refusing to acknowledge me. It was the weirdest encounter I’ve experienced - she ended up telling her mother and acted as if we were actually shagging in the shower.

She used to feign weird illnesses, pretended she had bulimia for a while and would turn it on and off.

She had a late miscarriage which was so tragic and awful but she used this as an excuse to then turn everything to her so when my friend was pregnant, (which happened 4 years after her miscarriage) I was then throwing a baby shower for her and when asked about it by my FIL my SIL ran out the room crying!
FIL was just as bad he fed into her BS. MIL was better and once told me she felt trapped.

the partner was a dick too who cheated but of course that was my fault 😉

• Wow
Reactions: 4

She was late 30s and still lived at home, had a pigsty room, ate rustler burgers for breakfast and didn’t wash.

We’d only been together for roughly a year and my partners parents were on holiday and asked if he’d pop round and check on the place as she wouldn’t clean and leave plates everywhere. We went round after he’d finished at the gym and so he popped in for a quick shower, whilst I stayed downstairs. His sister came in and accused us (with her new boyfriend in tow) of having sex in the shower whilst she was out. She kept saying ‘with her’ and completely refusing to acknowledge me. It was the weirdest encounter I’ve experienced - she ended up telling her mother and acted as if we were actually shagging in the shower.

She used to feign weird illnesses, pretended she had bulimia for a while and would turn it on and off.

She had a late miscarriage which was so tragic and awful but she used this as an excuse to then turn everything to her so when my friend was pregnant, (which happened 4 years after her miscarriage) I was then throwing a baby shower for her and when asked about it by my FIL my SIL ran out the room crying!
FIL was just as bad he fed into her BS. MIL was better and once told me she felt trapped.

Thank god he’s an ex!!

Sounds like she had quite severe mental health problems. They should have tried to encourage her to get some help. If your ex didnt live there I find it strange that he had a shower there.Surely he should have had one at the gym? It all sounds odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sounds like she had quite severe mental health problems. They should have tried to encourage her to get some help. If your ex didnt live there I find it strange that he had a shower there.Surely he should have had one at the gym? It all sounds odd.
They did and she sought help for years but it didn’t seem to move forward. I think a lot to do with parenting.

I should’ve said in OP that he did live there at the time and we’d popped in as he was over at my flat staying with me whilst they were away.

Reactions: 3
I've not had any better luck with the second MiL but now I've got a SiL to put up with as well. She can do no wrong despite not doing anything for the elderly mother. We can't go and just visit, we have job lists. Now I am happy to help with stuff but its never ending. The daughter doesn't even have a job list, she just sits on her well padded arse drinking tea and scoffing biscuits. Last time we were there I had to explain why I wouldn't stick my hand down an outside drain because she thought it was draining slowly We were taking her out for a meal later and I wasn't going to eat after clearing a drain or risk getting dirty. She soured the outing with her petulance even though I did other jobs for her. She upsets all except the daughter, they sit together whispering and giggling. Whatever is funny is not shared with me and I have no doubt that some of it is about me. Vile pair. I hate visiting and so glad that right now we have the perfect excuse not to.