Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
I love the old lady who comes in (can't remember her name) and she was like the grandmother to the wing.

Years later Yvonne's death still haunts me ha!
Was it Noreen? She pretended she was going to leave her life savings to Bodybag, and when the time came and the will was read, all she'd left to her was her chamberpot under the bed!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

FrankieDoyle

It's a shame with her as when she came in she was a pretty good character. Helped Denny with her mum and all that. But I guess they just decided to go down the ridiculous route lol
I agree. She is so good with the prisoners but her own life is just one huge paranoid mess. She is bat shit crazy 😂

• Haha

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
How come? Is there some sort of reunion?
No, it was because the whole series is being streamed. Fenner, Shell Dockley and a Julie were on, via zoom. You really didn't miss much, although I did note they seemed to be somewhat excluding my beloved Fenner and speaking over him a lot

• Haha
  • Sad

Warpaint

VIP Member
Anyone been re-watching this on Drama? They've just got into the second series now but I think the whole of the first 2 are on UKTV player or something.

I'm surprised how well it all holds up, doesn't feel corny or anything after all these years. (Mainly talking about the first 5 series, goes downhill drastically after that)

Seen as they fucked it up so badly in the later series though I'd actually be open to a reboot if they did it properly

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
Waiting for series 6 on UKTV play, now Yvonne has gone I cannot wait for Pat Kerrigan to rock up 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Warpaint

VIP Member
This is why I can’t wait for Pat Kerrigan to turn up ♥ Also just checked & series 7 is on UKTV play so my hungover Sunday is sorted 🙌🏼
Ah yeah she was a great late addition. Always thought she would have worked well in an earlier series. Too much bloody Buxton at the moment! I'm still going at Drama pace so 2 eps into series 7

Bexybest

I love the old lady who comes in (can't remember her name) and she was like the grandmother to the wing.

Years later Yvonne's death still haunts me ha!

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
He is getting worse in every series. He plays the part so well though, he is perfect for the character. You just want to give him a good hard punch.
I have not seen him in anything else.
Evil bastard lands on his feet every bloody time 😭

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
Me too. Buxton bores me. This is where the story line gets silly imo
Fenner suddenly being obsessed and having a shrine of Karen was another jumping the shark moment. And I like to pretend the wig episode never existed.

• Haha

Channy86

Also di the prison officer ,she was a good character , desperate for any man &ends up with gay Mr grayling , who. Has a fella , she pays the bf to get graylings sperm to get her pregnant,🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

FrankieDoyle

This is why I can’t wait for Pat Kerrigan to turn up ♥ Also just checked & series 7 is on UKTV play so my hungover Sunday is sorted 🙌🏼
Fantastic ❤. I don't know who Pat Kerrigan is yet but I look forward to it.
I didn't think I was going to like Darlene but I think she is funny. When she said to bodybag What bad I do now? We use that line in my house now 🤣🤣

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
I think that’s rose tinted spectacles! She may have helped Denny with her mother but it was established early on she was horrific to her own who was disabled and Di battered the shit out of her for ruining a (only in her own mind) date with Dominic! She was always cray cray
Hmm yeah possibly right. It seemed to be series 2 they really amped it up though. The Mother thing went on for a lot less than I remember it doing as well. Apart from Neil a lot of her storylines were wrapped up in an episode or two

Warpaint

VIP Member
Think I've only got the Christmas ep to go now and yeah series 8 was trash. Shame though as it still had potential, it just seemed to go mad with the writing of characters and general storylines. Nothing flowed at all in the last series.

Jerry Garcia

Chatty Member
Omg I loved this series so much! I had them all on VHS 😩😭😭 Where can I stream them?! I tried to watch the first episode a few years ago on YouTube but the quality was horrific
They're currently repeating them all on the Drama Channel, which is usually wall to wall repeats of Birds of a Feather or Pie in the Sky, so I'm well pleased!

Instagrime

They're currently repeating them all on the Drama Channel, which is usually wall to wall repeats of Birds of a Feather or Pie in the Sky, so I'm well pleased!
Thanks! Omg Pie in the Sky!! Haha! That takes me back! Next will be Ballykissangel or Monarch of the Glen 😂

• Haha