Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she should be getting threats and people messaging her, really no need for that but there isn’t one part of me feels sorry for her either and I’m not a horrible person, but being in the shoes of someone who was stalked they ruin lives and you will never be the same person again. I get it though, it probably feels like people are stalking her now by watching her posts and two wrongs don’t make a right but I can never feel sorry for someone like that.
RG seems off too tbh.
whole thing is just bloody mad.
Agree with everything you've posted.
I don't think for a minute she's had threats or negative responses. For one she has closed comments and has had for some time.
This is page one of an abusers handbook. Try and get as much sympathy as possible.
Even if you'd never seen the programme you can see how horrible she is from her FB posts alone. Being stalked is awful. It is isolating and terrifying and it quite literally ruins your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 21.58.56.png

Eeeeek... She's on one tonight !! Seems to have very much shifted her focus to him and the show. It feels like it's escalating quickly. Feels odd that RG is just posting happily about the show on IG. Not sure where this is going to end, but doesn't feel good

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I thought she said she didn’t know him? For a ‘lawyer’, she sure leaves a lot of evidence.
Most law people I know can spell.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I once met Noel Fielding in the Hawley. Bit of a prick tbh.
I also don't blame RG for not trying harder to cover Martha's identity but shouldn't paint himself as concerned for her.

Reactions: 7
Watched 6 episodes, can't be arsed to watch the last one. Thought it was tit tbh.

I susepct this Gadd fella is as much of a nutcase as his stalker, but at least he's got his fame and fortune now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I've binge watched the entire thing and I thought it was utterly brilliant. It was hilarious, heartbreaking, painfully sad, touching, clever, complex and memorable. I really commend Gadd in writing and directing something so painful and brave but how he also chose to play himself is beyond me.....it must have been cathartic but also really painful. I can't recommend it enough!
Just quoting myself here (as you do) as this was posted when this was a whiter than white, virginal thread with the purest of sentiment. :LOL:

I'm equally fascinated and horrified by all that's transpired. I posted the above straight after watching it and I still feel the same way. I think it's a remarkable series, I really do.
However, I find GD enacting his rape and sexual abuse as deeply disturbing however and I know there is no real template for how a person responds to trauma but I find it a little difficult to fully understand.

I've been watching NH's social media and am feeling really conflicted. I'm very much among the popcorn eating public in being so curious as to who she is, how closely she aligns with Martha and her batshit updates but I also feel really sorry for her. Part of me has little sympathy and I think she's just a vile, destructive, xenophobic person who spews bile and hatred but it is also clearly evident that she is so unwell. She has zero impulse control which can be indicative of serious psychiatric illness and while she may thrive to some degree on this level of attention, she is clearly not in possession of all her faculties.

I'm wondering in retrospect whether this was a Folie à deux and we have two people, both unwell, who had a really toxic codependency and it has been well and truly exploited by one party. I shall not watch it again as I though it was brilliant and took it at face value but I now question so much about it. I am not sure how real RD is but I think Martha is her truly authentic, deeply unwell self. Not judging anyone here incidentally! Am checking on her social media every fifteen minutes as, like I said, it's all so fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Sorry but her latest fb status calling him a 'wee wazzock' has absolutely sent me west with laughter

There is no way that FH isn't Martha, no way at all.

Also...fun fact: Jessica Gunning is from my village so she has done amazing to hide her thick yorkshire accent with Martha's Scottish one!

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Agree with everything you've posted.
I don't think for a minute she's had threats or negative responses. For one she has closed comments and has had for some time.
This is page one of an abusers handbook. Try and get as much sympathy as possible.
Even if you'd never seen the programme you can see how horrible she is from her FB posts alone. Being stalked is awful. It is isolating and terrifying and it quite literally ruins your life.
She’s on Twitter as well and definitely has. People can go on TV raising money for charity and get a barrage of online abuse, so it’s not exactly a stretch to think weirdos are finding ways to contact her.

Reactions: 4
Sorry but her latest fb status calling him a 'wee wazzock' has absolutely sent me west with laughter

There is no way that FH isn't Martha, no way at all.

Also...fun fact: Jessica Gunning is from my village so she has done amazing to hide her thick yorkshire accent with Martha's Scottish one!
I just saw the wee wazzock one and couldn't help but laugh. Not sure how much more I will watch though. It's like a freak show now and they were banned for good reason. My mother is in her 90s and remembers being taken to one as a young girl. She said she felt awful looking at people being exhibited and says nowadays people hide behind the Internet and watch freaks!

Reactions: 5
Oh no. She’s rumbled me somehow and I’m blocked. Please keep sharing the fb rants. I’m too far in to walk away now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s writing a lot about a person she met once, fleetingly. If the shoe fits babe.

saying that though I *shock* kind of see her point here. I think I’ve been looking at her feed too much 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.