Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the page with flowers in the profile pic is the one ppl are talking about. It’s very sad. She’s not well and she has no one to help or advise her. If she was nice a nice person she wouldn’t be so alone and isolated but she can’t help that. She’s not well. - if it’s really her.
This whole thing is like some SM version of the public paying to visit a Victorian asylum to observe the patients. It’s tragic. WTH was he thinking?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I think the page with flowers in the profile pic is the one ppl are talking about. It’s very sad. She’s not well and she has no one to help or advise her. If she was nice a nice person she wouldn’t be so alone and isolated but she can’t help that. She’s not well. - if it’s really her.
I’m questioning if I’m a good person because I feel zero sympathy for her. MH issues don’t justify how horrible she is imo.

Reactions: 18
I'm sure this has probably been discussed and apologies if so as I'm trying to catch up in the thread but, why did he never just make a new email address 😬

Wasn't like he was using his email for any comedy bookings.

Reactions: 8
I’m questioning if I’m a good person because I feel zero sympathy for her. MH issues don’t justify how horrible she is imo.
I have no sympathy for her either.. but the fact she’s horrible is part of her illness. We can’t decide how we treat sick people based on if they’re nice or not. Her MH issues are very much a part of her abysmal social skills.

Reactions: 23
I'm starting to think he's just as unhinged as she is. Why the duck would you create a show that outs all the people in it, play yourself, especially having to reinact serious SA? I've been SA'd and I had to have therapy to stop my flashbacks so to put myself through reinacting it - for fame and money? No chance in hell. I would also have severe anxiety about other people watching my story play out (although I still hold onto shame so maybe that's just me). I honestly think he needs help as much as she does.

duck the guy who SA'd him though. He needs to be in prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I can’t see this ending well, especially when the attention starts to dwindle
If she wasn't enjoying the attention she'd have made her facebook private. But you're right, people are going to move onto the next big thing sooner or later and she's not going to like that at all. She'll post rubbish on facebook and her audience will have gone. God alone knows what she'll do then...

Reactions: 11
I don’t feel sorry for her either but I do think this whole situation is appalling. She’s very clearly extremely mentally unwell and rather than ‘protect her identity’ like he claimed to have, Richard Gadd has fully exploited her mental illness and the entire situation for his own gain.
I think the pair of them are both victims and horrendous people in equal measure.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If Gadd has done a play about this in the past , surely this isn’t the first time that the real martha and Darien have been aware .
She’s referenced the play in recent posts - but the play wasn’t seen by millions in the way the TV show has been.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.