Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is absolutely loving the attention isn’t she. I maybe shouldn’t be as she’s clearly not a nice person - but I’m seriously concerned for her.
I imagine that she has nobody around her to stop her or get the MH support she clearly needs.
Not a nice woman but an extremely vulnerable one.

I wonder if she has been paid for her interviews? I can imagine a reporter ringing her and her going straight into full on waffle and overshare and then rubbing their hands!

Reactions: 22
Chicken soup for tea, anyone?

On a serious note, is anyone else genuinely concerned that -if this is the real 'Martha'- her mental health may seriously be being affected by all this attention?
Irrespective of her actions, health and what happened in the past (I don't believe a word of her social media posts) she posts A LOT and it shows signs of someone spiralling..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
She is absolutely loving the attention isn’t she. I maybe shouldn’t be as she’s clearly not a nice person - but I’m seriously concerned for her.
I imagine that she has nobody around her to stop her or get the MH support she clearly needs.

I wonder if she has been paid for her interviews? I can imagine a reporter ringing her and her going straight into full on waffle and overshare and then rubbing their hands!
I don't think she has because in one of her latest posts, she said she's going to start charging to tell her side of the story.

Reactions: 2
Interesting she keeps mentioning in her posts about how she is recording everything, which was what was portrayed in the show.

Reactions: 16
And still no comment from RG the wee wazzock. Do you think his team are frantically trying to get her FB closed, or they’re sitting back and counting the pennies rolling in?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I
Why do I feel like she’s going to be on This Morning next week. I’m gonna come back at quote myself if I’m right.
I said 5he same thing yesterday or the day before about her being on Lorraine, actually said it as a joke but starting to believe it could be a possibility 🫣

• Sad
Reactions: 7
In the show every time she contacted RGs parents, his dad answered and gave her a mouthful, confronting her about the stalking/lies. I imagine that probably happened irl, especially given her previous and the fact she keeps mentioning him. She doesn’t like being confronted about her behaviour so he is probably on her hit list cause of that.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He's someone who irked her, didn't do exactly what she wanted and stood up to her.
It seems people who haven't done what she wanted the way she wanted it are on the hit list she's ranting at the moment, politicians, journalists, Camden Council and even the removal company. It really angers her.

Reactions: 6
RG must have known this was going to happen, no? And that is why I cannot feel sorry for him. I have never been stalked, but have had to grey rock a family member with (what I assume is) a personality disorder who has tried more and more insidious ways to duck up and infiltrate my life, and some (not all, but some) of the behaviours were similar and I would rather boil myself in oil than poke that bear. It is very very strange to me that he has done this while the irl Martha is still out there with free access to the internet.

I don’t wish to sound victim blaming - he does not deserve the initial stalking or sexual assault. He was not responsible for that. He *might* need to take some responsibility for what happens when you make a Netflix series about wanking over a vulnerable, clearly mentally unwell/personality disordered woman who has previous history of being obsessed with him, though! Bloody hell, Gadd. Hope the fame and cash is worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Or someone claiming to be a reporter... if anyone has spoke to her at all.

The whole thing is, as others have said, very Black Mirror and it worryingly feels like we're watching something terrible occur in real time.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Or someone claiming to be a reporter... if anyone has spoke to her at all.

The whole thing is, as others have said, very Black Mirror and it worryingly feels like we're watching something terrible occur in real time.
No reporter needs to contact her, they just need to print out her rambling outpourings on Facebook, she's not holding anything back. I think she's too much of a loose cannon for Lorraine or This Morning. Maybe Jeremy Vine will phone her up?

This amount of fame and attention is the absolute worst thing for FH. Look how she behaved after getting a free cup of tea. Can you imagine all these offers from reporters etc. She's obviously not a nice person but don't want to see someone with mental health problems being exploited

• Sad
Reactions: 12
No reporter needs to contact her, they just need to print out her rambling outpourings on Facebook, she's not holding anything back. I think she's too much of a loose cannon for Lorraine or This Morning. Maybe Jeremy Vine will phone her up?
The person posting on Facebook would be chaos on live TV. I'd worry it would be like the end of Joker...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I can’t help but worry for her. The people contacting her and all her posts being shared and she’s getting more and more attention.

I’m still in shock that this is her after him being so determined that the character was so far removed from her

Reactions: 10
Why do some of the social media videos posted by have a different accent?
Scottish in most, English in others.
It's quite odd.

Also, she uses social media 'speak' all the time, such as 'Daily Fail' and 'Bliar's labour party' which makes me think she spends a lot of time on social media. Which is unhealthy for anyone... us lot on Tattle included!

Why do some of the social media videos posted by have a different accent?
Scottish in most, English in others.
It's quite odd.

Also, she uses social media 'speak' all the time, such as 'Daily Fail' and 'Bliar's labour party' which makes me think she spends a lot of time on social media. Which is unhealthy for anyone... us lot on Tattle included!
I've only seen the one video on fb, the febreeze thing.

If Gadd has done a play about this in the past , surely this isn’t the first time that the real martha and Darien have been aware .

Reactions: 16
I feel quite worried for FH too. She’s obviously a nightmare but this circus won’t help anyone. I wonder what netflix’s ethics policy is? There is truly no way she wasn’t going to recognise herself and lose the plot.

I enjoyed the show but I think I kind of forgot it was a real story? Now it all feels very seedy and sordid. I hope RG’s closet has no skeletons in it, because I can genuinely imagine this all going VERY wrong for him and I cannot imagine he will take the tide of public opinion turning on him. (Obvs don’t know the wee wazzock himself but he seems like he takes himself very seriously and needs to be adored). I’m hooked guys?!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just had a look at her FB to catch up on her ramblings, I had to give up reading, there are too many posts. She's posted multiple times in the last few hours 😬

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.