Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Got it on now. Absolutely cringing at the bit where Piers tries to get her to say what grade she got in her degree. I think she is what you call an "unreliable narrator".

I think she's shot herself in the foot here. If I was Gadd, I would be itching to release the emails and voice calls now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

veevee04

VIP Member
Does anyone feel this is a bit messed up? The woman is obviously mentally ill and deranged so whatever she says on telly will likely be unhinged. I don't disagree she's a nasty woman at all you can be nasty and mentally ill but it's like we are being told to tune into a freak show for our amusement. I hope she's having support from social care.

femmegirly

Chatty Member
I’m not Scottish and had no idea the degree system up there is different to down here so to me it sounded like she didn’t answer the question.
She just looked confused as to why he kept pressing for her grade. I think I would have been too, as I didn’t know that English unis don’t give ordinary degrees. Very unfair for him to keep that bit in the edit, as it looks like a gotcha moment but it’s really just down to Piers’ own ignorance about a fact he should have researched before speaking to her.

It’s a pretty small point, but it’s been used to cast a lack of credibility to everything else she’s saying. She could well have a photographic memory but Piers used her not specifying her uni grade as proof that she didn’t. Pretty unprofessional on Piers’ part.

CaptainHolt

I wonder if there's been any research into stalking and mental health disorders and whether it is linked to a disorder that has no name (owing to the fact as many victims have pointed out, that it isn't taken seriously) I ask because it isn't a normal way to think or live your life and as FH shows they appear completely unaware of what they're doing or maybe the extent they're doing it to?

Just to make clear my feelings, you can be mentally unwell AND be an awful person, having MH problems doesn't give you a free pass. I've also seen on here people say "well I have MH problems and I'd never do this" there's no comparison though, MH disorders are vast and most are woefully misunderstood and unresearched. Which brings me back to my initial musings about whether stalking is a specific mental illness.

soph30

VIP Member
I just think making her Scottish and a lawyer was seriously stirring from Richard Gadd. Neither of those elements add anything to the plot and just made her easier to identify

ChiaraRimini

surely if she had gone to prison for stalking him there would be news reports online. It took me about 30 seconds to find newspaper coverage of her historic behaviour in Scotland to a well known politician and others.
In which case Netflix have told a big fat lie saying Baby Reindeer is a true story, as opposed to based on/inspired by a true story.
I just don’t understand why Netflix would leave themselves wide open on this? Makes the network look pretty stupid and irresponsible.

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
They have already came out and said that all emails in the show where exact representations of emails richard gadd recieved. She has outed herself as martha so its her thats sent them. She has no case against netflix. Its also "based" on a true story so not all elements need to be true.
As has been said numerous times on this thread, the wording at the beginning of the show is "This is a true story", NOT "based on".

evie1975

VIP Member
Only just joined this thread so apologise if this has been voiced before. My biggest take from Baby Reindeer was that Gadd viewed himself, Martha, his Dad and Teri as victims that were left increasingly vulnerable after enduring trauma.
Tonight’s interview with FH was disturbing; as a mental health professional I feel she shouldn’t have been allowed to be interviewed in this manner. I have said on many a thread on here that we don’t need to medicalise people- some people can just be shitty people; nothing to do with mental illness. However, l believe FH needs help.

• Heart

evoway13

VIP Member
I did 8 o levels at school, 8 gcse's at college (I did subjects that my secondary school didn't offer - I was also time wasting as I didn't know what to do with my life) ); 3 A levels ; RGN nurse training - plus a degree ....and I can tell you every single grade 😂 .....I also did nvq assessor's and adult teacher training post grad ....I'm 52...so, it was a long time ago!

I've rewatched the interview.......it's amazing how much she knows about the series - even though she hasn't seen it. She says she's talked to many journalists but, then said she only trusted Piers Morgan...the woman is a walking contradiction.....

• Haha

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Good morning everyone.

I woke up thinking about the 'big green spot' on Richard's face.

Think I'm still reeling after what I watched last night.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Ray_of_Sunshine

VIP Member
I'm sorry but I have to say it...I thought Piers did a great job 🙈🙈🙈

He was to the point, firm, but also fair.
It would’ve been good if he whipped out the receipts 😅 but I guess she would never have gone on there if that was in the pipeline. She said something about telling the producers/staff that discussing relationships was out of bounds so sounds like she was calling the shots to some degree. She really showed herself up though! Good on him for doing it.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
She keeps saying she will sue Laura Wray as well but hasn’t she had 20 years to do that? I think if she goes to court there will be masses of stuff coming out about her…like maybe Netflix/Gadd didn’t realise she had harassed the black politician etc, there’s only so much due diligence you can reasonably be expected to do when she somehow keeps escaping prosecution etc. Seems like she would be better off letting this go than have everyone she’s ever potentially stalked etc come out of the woodwork to give evidence and all stalking evidence made a matter of public record